ADVERTISEMENT

Attending first game Saturday

Eagles_Ball

Blue Chip Prospect
Dec 19, 2003
I'm a lifelong BBN member and attending my first game Saturday. Flying in roughly 1:30 Saturday, so have plenty of time for pre-game stuff. Staying at the Hyatt. Had planned to go to KSBar, but the wife is a big foodie so looking for alternatives. I'm a KSR listener and thought it would be cool to hangout and see the show. Little unsure what the commute from there to Rupp looked like before the game. Basically just looking for the local 411 on pregame stuff a first timer (or anyone) needs to do.

LexLive is right across the street from Rupp. It has a sports bar in it with pretty good food. But it’s mainly pub type food. Burgers and pizza. It may not be your wife’s thing if she is a foodie. Pies and Pints is close as well but that’s pizza. I expect a big crowd Saturday because it’s TN.

I'm a lifelong BBN member and attending my first game Saturday. Flying in roughly 1:30 Saturday, so have plenty of time for pre-game stuff. Staying at the Hyatt. Had planned to go to KSBar, but the wife is a big foodie so looking for alternatives. I'm a KSR listener and thought it would be cool to hangout and see the show. Little unsure what the commute from there to Rupp looked like before the game. Basically just looking for the local 411 on pregame stuff a first timer (or anyone) needs to do.
Probably picked a bad one to attend.

Tony's, Sawyers and Nick and Norman's are some of my favorites for places to eat close to Rupp.

If you are staying at Hyatt Valet parking is the way to go and stay out in lobby post game. Players walk through after the game every single time. Hope you enjoy your first trip and get us a W.

Last edited:
Enjoy your first game brother. Win or lose, should be good for a while either way. Unless it’s a blow out.

Eat at Tony’s. Steak is superb. But KSBar is a good crowd and can be lot of fun pre game.

Get to Rupp early take your pictures and feed your wife that fantastic ice cream. I personally haven’t eaten any but some swear by it. Enjoy meeting other fans and hopefully you bring us some luck.

Youre going to have a damn blast! Love going to big games and this is it. The place will be loud, great vibe, embrace it cause you'll remember it.

Go early enough to watch old UK players walk around, players warm up, the anthem will probably be sung by the crowd, so enjoy it all.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
Tony's, Sawyers and Nick and Norman's are some of my favorites for places to eat close to Rupp.

If you are staying at Hyatt Valet parking is the way to go and stay out in lobby post game. Players walk through after the game every single time. Hope you enjoy your first trip and get us a W.
Good suggestions. You ever try East End Tap and Table?

TN has 5 losses as well and isn't some juggernaut. Now if UK is short handed yet again gonna be tough.

Hope you enjoy your trip

Maybe you can give ccc some tips on coaching

I'll be at the Vandy game in March.

Tony's is superb. One of the best NY Strips you'll find anywhere. And I've had them at notable places all over the country. But you won't get a reservation this close to Saturday.

Reactions: UKortho
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT