ADVERTISEMENT

Dukes schedule

Boyd94

Junior
Feb 16, 2022
A regular murderer's row. I'm sure with all the juggernauts they beat, a one seed is in the cards.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Watching NCAA Men's Basketball and by far the ACC is the weakest Conference this season. I would go with UNC being a better team this year over Duke. Yes, they are up by 25 at half on the road but look at Duke's weak ACC schedule. The 2 toughest games and by far the only tough games for Duke is UNC. Duke plays at home vs. #21 Clemson. Duke's first 10 games in the ACC at GT, Syracuse, ND, at Pitt, Georgia tech, Pitt, UL, Clemson, VT, and at UNC. That is a big joke compared to the SEC besides UNC and VT back to back road games is probably toughest in 1st 10 games. Then ND, BC, Wake Forest, at FSU, at Miami, at Wake, UL, UVA, NC State, and at home UNC to finish ACC play. The next 10 games maybe the road games at FSU and Miami but the rest of these games are a joke this year in the ACC. If a Duke or UNC don't win 16 to 18 games in the ACC with this Weak ACC schedule then Duke and UNC is flat out no good. Playing in the ACC and a weak ACC league this year could hurt Duke or UNC when Tourney time comes around in March!

Watching NCAA Men's Basketball and by far the ACC is the weakest Conference this season. I would go with UNC being a better team this year over Duke. Yes, they are up by 25 at half on the road but look at Duke's weak ACC schedule. The 2 toughest games and by far the only tough games for Duke is UNC. Duke plays at home vs. #21 Clemson. Duke's first 10 games in the ACC at GT, Syracuse, ND, at Pitt, Georgia tech, Pitt, UL, Clemson, VT, and at UNC. That is a big joke compared to the SEC besides UNC and VT back to back road games is probably toughest in 1st 10 games. Then ND, BC, Wake Forest, at FSU, at Miami, at Wake, UL, UVA, NC State, and at home UNC to finish ACC play. The next 10 games maybe the road games at FSU and Miami but the rest of these games are a joke this year in the ACC. If a Duke or UNC don't win 16 to 18 games in the ACC with this Weak ACC schedule then Duke and UNC is flat out no good. Playing in the ACC and a weak ACC league this year could hurt Duke or UNC when Tourney time comes around in March!
The ACC will never be wreak when dUKe and UNC both have teams in it.

The ACC has definitely gone south.

Teams like Virginia (most recently) and Syracuse/ND/Louisville/FSU (relevant not too long ago) haven't had the same success lately.

Duke, frustratingly, is reasonably solid this year. I don't know about them as a title contender but they're not terrible.

Reactions: Montana81
UL should beat them once this year. 😂

They better treat Dukes seeding, in regards to the ACC being atrocious, like they treated UK at times when the SEC was dragging.

As far as I'm concerned, if Dukes record would normally put them at say, a 3-seed, they should be a 4-seed or even a 5-seed based on how bad the ACC appears to be.

Of course we know what won't happen. So I'll have to bank on them getting overseeded and then losing early because the 14-seed they play is better than 85% of the ACC.

They better treat Dukes seeding, in regards to the ACC being atrocious, like they treated UK at times when the SEC was dragging.

As far as I'm concerned, if Dukes record would normally put them at say, a 3-seed, they should be a 4-seed or even a 5-seed based on how bad the ACC appears to be.

Of course we know what won't happen. So I'll have to bank on them getting overseeded and then losing early because the 14-seed they play is better than 85% of the ACC.
I think they did last year. ACC was weak last year and Duke was a 5 seed even though they were ranked 12th in the AP poll leading up to the tournament.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
When traditional strong teams like Virginia, Syracuse, Louisville, and Notre Dame are all down, it's tough to be the strongest league in the country like the ACC was for a large part of the 2010's. Duke and UNC are title contenders, Clemson and Miami are maybe second weekend teams....and that's it, I don't buy NC State just yet.

I think we are finally seeing the football money (and the lack of it for the ACC) taking over all sports. A school like Texas A&M has soooo much money to spend, why not put some of it towards the basketball program, same with an Alabama. The television revenue differences amongst the ACC and the SEC is huge, and we are finally seeing the effects of that IMO.

We keep talking about how the ACC is terrible, but over the past few seasons, they outperform the SEC come tournament time. It's time to make some noise in March.

Reactions: BlueBlackNWhite
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT