ADVERTISEMENT

It’s gotta be Drew or Pearl

Sep 3, 2022
Assuming the trifecta of Wright, Stevens, and Donovan are not coaching again, it’s gotta be Drew or Pearl. Different styles and personalities but both would win big at UK. Pearl would handle the spotlight and intensity better, but Drew would likely win a but more. Either way both would rebrand UK bball and have them compete for championships.

No - Danny Hurley isn’t leaving UCONN.

Bruce Pearl is 65 years old. I don’t know why people keep bringing him up. It’d be hard for a man to step into this job at that age and take us to new heights.

He’s had a bunch of really good teams, especially at Tennessee and has one elite 8 and one final 4 to show for it. Another choke artist like we already have.

We might be in worse shape than I thought.

Assuming the trifecta of Wright, Stevens, and Donovan are not coaching again, it’s gotta be Drew or Pearl. Different styles and personalities but both would win big at UK. Pearl would handle the spotlight and intensity better, but Drew would likely win a but more. Either way both would rebrand UK bball and have them compete for championships.

This will destroy the fanbase forever. I can't imagine two worse choices, IMO. Not trying to argue but this would be completely disheartening for me. I would hope the fanbase would revolt just like TA&M fans revolted at the idea of hiring Stoops.

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: Samurai Cat
The ONLY reason Drew is being pushed is because of some relationship with Barnhart. He is not the best coach on the market. You at least talk to Lloyd, Oats, Pearl...go big and try with Donovan, Stevens, Hurley....Shake NBA assistant coaching trees...

After that we can talk about Drew

The ONLY reason Drew is being pushed is because of some relationship with Barnhart. He is not the best coach on the market. You at least talk to Lloyd, Oats, Pearl...go big and try with Donovan, Stevens, Hurley....Shake NBA assistant coaching trees...

Lol why Oats Lloyd or Pearl
I missed there title

Reactions: GTMOCat
Lol why Oats Lloyd or Pearl
I missed there title

If you're making hires solely on the basis of titles, why is Tony Bennett not our top prospect? He has a higher winning percentager (72%) than Scott Drew's (65%). Furthermore, if we are gauging prospects solely on post-season success, then Calipari should never leave in lieu of Scott Drew of the first place. Drew, after all, has more NIT appearances than Sweet 16's.

We need an exciting coach, with charisma, who consistently is a threat every March. Drew is the "convenient" middle of the road hire, not the hire we really want.

This will destroy the fanbase forever. I can't imagine two worse choices, IMO. Not trying to argue but this would be completely disheartening for me. I would hope the fanbase would revolt just like TA&M fans revolted at the idea of hiring Stoops.
Plus would either even want to come to Kentucky? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hell NO to Slimy Bruce Pearl .. some UT reject . Hes a con man too, Lets get a coach with 2 ounces of integrity

Reactions: Samurai Cat
And we have ZERO idea who might actually want in .. this _____ _______ is a no chance is silly ... Until the job is open and the application / offer sent you dont know what a coach might say

NO NBA guys
that is the problem now, all anyone thinks about is the NBA. Need a "college" coach that cares about winning college games , the SEC title, SEC tourney & most of all the NCAA title

• Love
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Barney is not hiring Bruce Pearl -Scott Drew will be the next coach at the University of Kentucky
that is exactly why there needs to be a former player on the committee, like Mike Pratt. He understood what UK was about, how the fans treat the players. He knew how important the UK program is to the entire state. Sadly, he has now passed someone needs to guide barnhart thru this process, if there is one

NO NBA guys
that is the problem now, all anyone thinks about is the NBA. Need a "college" coach that cares about winning college games , the SEC title, SEC tourney & most of all the NCAA title
Pitino was an NBA guy. Bad hire?

Please hire Pearl. He can recruit, probably near the same level as Cal if he’s at UK. He coaches, he’s passionate and he’s hungry to win college basketball games.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT