ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Express Mock Draft: PJ #13, KJ #15, Herro #20, Hagans #41

Tyler is a dude that might last 3 years in the NBA, or 10 years. He’s not athletic, his measurables are average at best. He’d be best served making the absolute most he could off of that 1st contract. IMO.
He’s not getting in the lottery even with a second year! Because of his measurables!

Tyler in open space NBA games will be a great player. NBA is a role players game. He's going to have a long career and he is ready now. Hagans should come back for a second year like PJ did. But Tyler, PJ, Keldon are gone and should go. Hagans needs a 2nd year at UK

I’m still trying to figure out how herro went from a 3-4 yr player at Wisconsin to a oad at Kentucky. Damn i wish he would return

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I’m still trying to figure out how herro went from a 3-4 yr player at Wisconsin to a oad at Kentucky. Damn i wish he would return
Wasn’t he a 4 star by some sources? Interesting indeed how he ditches the Badgers and ends up a sure fire decade long future NBA’r at UK. I think he’d make a lot more money his first 3 years by coming back, but some just seem to want him gone. BTW where are Briscoe and Gabriel now? Or Marquis Teague or Doron Lamb? Korea and Greece. Maybe Herro and Hagans will get lucky and end up some place they speak English.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Wasn’t he a 4 star by some sources? Interesting indeed how he ditches the Badgers and ends up a sure fire decade long future NBA’r at UK. I think he’d make a lot more money his first 3 years by coming back, but some just seem to want him gone. BTW where are Briscoe and Gabriel now? Or Marquis Teague or Doron Lamb? Korea and Greece. Maybe Herro and Hagans will get lucky and end up some place they speak English.
Briscoe, Gabriel and Lamb weren't first round picks and Teague barely missed the second round. Completely different than Herro

Be nice to get back to the good ole days of a a couple years ago where only lottery picks went pro early . The NBA is flat out raping college basketball. I despise them for it also.

Seriously, why in the world should these guys guy paid for working instead of working for free so you can sit on your couch and scream at the tv, after all, it's all about your entertainment

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Briscoe, Gabriel and Lamb weren't first round picks and Teague barely missed the second round. Completely different than Herro
We shall see. I think he’ll be a first round bust. There have been plenty, and end up trying to learn some foreign language. Except I’ve read here he doesn’t like school. I certainly agree he’s gone. I won’t be surprised to see SEC POY Williams return and go on to a great NBA career ala Tayshaun Prince who came back after winning POY, went on to win an NBA title, play 14 years, and is now an exec in the NBA. Because he has a degree. From UK. Kids like Herro just don’t get it.

It’s amazing how most here thinks Herro can score from anywhere on the court and will do so next year in the NBA, yet, there are games like UT where he literally didn’t get a shot in the final 15 minutes of the game or other games where he only gets 5 or 6 looks total.

Hope for once, we turn him loose and actively work to get him the ball in the tourney. I really do believe we can hang number 9. But it’ll take us using every players strength and advantage such as Herro’s scoring ability, Hagans D, PJ’s post up and ability to finish on the breaks, KJ’s all around perimeter game and scoring, and so on.

Briscoe has an NBA contract with Orlando! Gabriel has an NBA contract with the kings

We shall see. I think he’ll be a first round bust. There have been plenty, and end up trying to learn some foreign language. Except I’ve read here he doesn’t like school. I certainly agree he’s gone. I won’t be surprised to see SEC POY Williams return and go on to a great NBA career ala Tayshaun Prince who came back after winning POY, went on to win an NBA title, play 14 years, and is now an exec in the NBA. Because he has a degree. From UK. Kids like Herro just don’t get it.
Lol so much wrong with all this!

I really don’t care who goes pro or who stays after the season. It’s a day before our first tourney game and all I care about is winning our next 6 games!

And for my 2 cents, Cal is going to go with Hagans no matter what type of game he’s having at the point and he’s the key. If Hagans truly wants to elevate his stock he will play under control on both ends, look for scorers unselfishly, and show better decisions on his shot selections. If we get true, and I mean true, point guard play from Hagans we hang number 9 and there’s not a team in the field that can stop us!

He was still seen as a multi year player when he started this year at Kentucky

He put a Kentucky uniform on.

If EJ has a great game in the Tournament, he’ll jump into the first round in somebody’s mock draft.
Uhh....... No, it isn't even close that it’s just because he played at Kentucky and EJ will not get close to the first round with one good game. Smh It's been a slow slow rise for Herro

November mock draft: N/A
January mock draft: N/A
February mock draft: #32
March mock draft: #20

Could end up going as high as #13 according to Draft Express too

He was still seen as a multi year player when he started this year at Kentucky

Uhh....... No it isn't even close that it’s just because he played at Kentucky and EJ will not get enough close to the first round with one good game. Smh It's been a slow slow rise for Herro

November mock draft: N/A
January mock draft: N/A
February mock draft: #32
March mock draft: #20

Could end up going as high as #13 according to Draft Express too
Great.

I’ll have a draft party.

Look for your invitation next month.

Reactions: crpoore and Dward13
He put a Kentucky uniform on.

If EJ has a great game in the Tournament, he’ll jump into the first round in somebody’s mock draft.

I’m actually surprised with didn’t start seeing ej in mocks after his double double.

Seriously, why in the world should these guys guy paid for working instead of working for free so you can sit on your couch and scream at the tv, after all, it's all about your entertainment

Yes you are correct , and my joy and happiness doesn’t rest with with 19 year olds at our state school playing basketball .. if I need to walk away I can . And it’s my support and my money as a fan that drives the bus , with guys like me and thousands of others . Without our support this form of entertainment with wither and suffer . Good day , I’ll be rooting the Cats on from Kelly’s sports bar in Cozumel :)

Hagans needs more than a just-barely double double against tennessee to get drafted.

Really hasn't been playing well as a whole. The defense has dropped off. I just don't know what gm is going to take him right now. He's FAR off from the NBA.

I wonder if these mock drafts just assume he's coming out and they take Cals model into consideration.
12 assists is dropping off? Hagans has continued to improve considered one of the best perimeter defending points this season...showed he can hit a 3 when open...
Decision making is improving. He needs to return to show consistent play.

12 assists is dropping off? Hagans has continued to improve considered one of the best perimeter defending points this season...showed he can hit a 3 when open...
Decision making is improving. He needs to return to show consistent play.

Hagans has continued to improve? Yes he’s hitting outside shots a bit more reliably, but he hasn’t continued to improve in any other facet of the game. In fact he’s regressed, especially defensively.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Hagans has continued to improve? Yes he’s hitting outside shots a bit more reliably, but he hasn’t continued to improve in any other facet of the game. In fact he’s regressed, especially defensively.
Read somwhere that he is the best pg at pressuring from 3 pt line out.
No small feet.
His steals went down, people were more aware of him, or played him already. Also defensively he overall gas improved,faced more talented pg..

Read somwhere that he is the best pg at pressuring from 3 pt line out.
No small feet.
His steals went down, people were more aware of him, or played him already. Also defensively he overall gas improved,faced more talented pg..

I’d like to see how they quantify that. He hasn’t been great guarding on the ball the last month and a half of the season. He stood no chance against Bone.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Saw this at ESPN a couple of weeks ago (written after the first Tennessee loss). I was surprised at the Hagans reference, although I guess by now we’ve all intuitively realized he’s not turned out to be the super defender it looked like he’d be in December.

• Why they won't: Entering Saturday's loss to Tennessee, Kentucky's opponents had made 49 percent of their shots inside the arc when Herro, Reid Travis (who is expected to return at some point from a knee injury) and Ashton Hagans -- all listed as average defenders in isolation by Synergy Sports -- were on the floor together, per hooplens.com. That reality makes potential foul trouble for Washington -- a challenge in the first half against the Vols -- a nightmare scenario that could ruin Kentucky's Final Four dreams.

And some of them make premature decisions to go early. Cal has said this in so many words regarding Teague, Goodwin, and a few others.

I get the whole "they lose a year of earnings" and "strike while the iron is hot" rebuttal, but some of these guys cost themselves even more money by going early to teams that had no real investment in them.

Additionally, UK features a disproportionate amount of recruits who treat additional years at UK like the plague.

I also get the curse/blessing of how the system works; I'm only saying there's no monolith of logic in their decision making, and as fans we're not obliged to pretend that these early entry decisions represent the same output of wisdom.

Weren't both Teague and Goodwin 1st round picks? If so, they made the right decisions. Not everyone automatically improves by coming back to school for a 2nd or 3rd year.

Weren't both Teague and Goodwin 1st round picks? If so, they made the right decisions. Not everyone automatically improves by coming back to school for a 2nd or 3rd year.

Neither has had any semblance of success in the league so you’d be hard pressed on selling me that they 100% made the right decision. Unless your position is that you are absolutely sure that they would have both failed in the league anyway.

Neither has had any semblance of success in the league so you’d be hard pressed on selling me that they 100% made the right decision. Unless your position is that you are absolutely sure that they would have both failed in the league anyway.
I mean they both went #29

Yes, that's my position, I think they left to get paid while "the iron was still hot." Neither one of those guys would've had better NBA careers had they came back to school for one more year IMO. The Harrison twins and Briscoe are in that same boat, whether they had left after their freshman year or their sophomore year, their NBA trajectory would've turned out the same way.

Yes, that's my position, I think they left to get paid while "the iron was still hot." Neither one of those guys would've had better NBA careers had they came back to school for one more year IMO. The Harrison twins and Briscoe are in that same boat, whether they had left after their freshman year or their sophomore year, their NBA trajectory would've turned out the same way.

And I guess my position is there is no way you can know that for sure.

Saw this at ESPN a couple of weeks ago (written after the first Tennessee loss). I was surprised at the Hagans reference, although I guess by now we’ve all intuitively realized he’s not turned out to be the super defender it looked like he’d be in December.

• Why they won't: Entering Saturday's loss to Tennessee, Kentucky's opponents had made 49 percent of their shots inside the arc when Herro, Reid Travis (who is expected to return at some point from a knee injury) and Ashton Hagans -- all listed as average defenders in isolation by Synergy Sports -- were on the floor together, per hooplens.com. That reality makes potential foul trouble for Washington -- a challenge in the first half against the Vols -- a nightmare scenario that could ruin Kentucky's Final Four dreams.

Interesting stat. I wonder how much of this was from our first two months of horrific FG defense.. something that the whole team has gotten better at. Teams were able to get whatever shots they wanted, it seems.

Hagans is a great full court defender, that's where he get at least half of his steals (but I'd guess much more).. however I haven't seen much when the offense is set, especially when a play is unfolding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT