ADVERTISEMENT

Downward spiral continues...how many more debacles?

CatPhight

All-American
Nov 15, 2008
Beaver Lick
I see better than I hear...and 13 L's are now a very real possibility.

Currently 18-8 -- 5th place in the $EC

Alabama - L
@ Miss State - L
Vandy - W
Arkansas - W
@ Tennessee - L
$EC-T - L
NCAA/NIT - L

20-13? If that happens .646 is clearly Billy Clyde territory.

jMIUPhD.png

I'm just numb to it anymore. I mean it's the norm, 10 plus losses with no emphasis placed on winning an SEC regular season title. The ass has stated that the SEC tourney means nothing and first or second losses in the dance are what we get for 9 million a year. It's sad and pathetic that fans care more about the program than our incompetent AD or our school President. It's a complete shitshow in Lexington.

Pitino lost 50 total games in eight seasons at UK. That included the two probation years where recruits mostly didn't want to come to Kentucky.

Cal presently has 44 losses in 4 years. If we lose five more, Pitino will have only had one more loss in EIGHT YEARS than Cal had in FOUR YEARS.

That's trash heap basketball from Calipari.

Last edited:
SC was a "debacle." At LSU if Thiero had latched onto the ball on the last play, it's a fantastic win.

It should not have come down to the last play. This was an easy 10 point W.
LSU played SC much better than we did. Your "should not" isn't supported by the evidence. I know games aren't commutative. I'm thinking of the ways people tend to imagine "their" athletes are much better than "the other guy's" athletes. But that just ain't so.

EDIT: transitive not commutative.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SemperFiCat
LSU played SC much better than we did. Your "should not" isn't supported by the evidence. I know games aren't commutative. I'm thinking of the ways people tend to imagine "their" athletes are much better than "the other guy's" athletes. But that just ain't so.
How LSU played an opponent is irrelevant. They also lost at Auburn by 15 points. We led by 15 points and cal let the lead disappear in 3 minutes time while doing nothing differently than you or I (sitting and watching).

This team is starting to look a whole lot like the group BCG turned into an NIT squad.
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm not sure who would win in a matchup against each other.
Reeves vs Jodie Meeks
Dilly vs Ramel Bradley
Shepherd vs Joe Crawford
Mitchell/Theiro vs P. Patterson
DJ Wagner vs Derek Jasper/Alex Legion
UGO/Bradshaw vs Stephenson/Jared Carter
Justin Edwards vs Ramone Harris

Edge may go to BCG for his drunken rage, Xs and Os.

Pitino lost 50 total games in eight seasons at UK. That included the two probation years where recruits mostly didn't want to come to Kentucky.

Cal presently has 44 losses in 4 years. If we lose five more, Pitino will have only had one more loss in EIGHT YEARS than Cal had in FOUR YEARS.

Pitino forgot more about coaching than the Cow ever knew

Doing the Lord's work.

I'm just numb to it anymore. I mean it's the norm, 10 plus losses with no emphasis placed on winning an SEC regular season title. The ass has stated that the SEC tourney means nothing and first or second losses in the dance are what we get for 9 million a year. It's sad and pathetic that fans care more about the program than our incompetent AD or our school President. It's a complete shitshow in Lexington.
It is bad, but will get much worse before the shit show ends. Even the sunshine pumpers will get tired of being Cal's loyal apologists. Our tradition is slowly bleeding to death...THANKS again Barney for the lifetime contract awarded to Cal with absolutely ZERO accountability.

So barely beating a 12loss team is a fantastic win for us now? Cal has certainly skewed perceptions these days.
There isn't some fixed value of skill that comes along with a won-loss record. The team let go of the rope and had battled back. It would have been great to have won.

Reactions: Loosey101
one line I haven't noticed trotted out lately is

"Trust in Cal"

that line was plastered on this forum every day 2 years ago

pretty telling actually

1. that it had to be said in the first place
2. that people were wrong in saying it
3. they no longer show that level of support

now I'm sure some towel boy will post "Trust in Cal" to be funny

but the mood has shifted

Reactions: kywildcat41086

That’s freaking crazy Pitino had 2 probation years…. Cal has absolutely 0 excuses for the $hit he’s done…….

Alabama - L
@ Miss State - L
Vandy - W
Arkansas - W
@ Tennessee - L
$EC-T - L
NCAA/NIT - L

jMIUPhD.png
Tomorrow is the season. Win and you can sell momentum to the team and maybe steal a win in Starkville. Have to win at Rupp over Arkansas/Vanderbilt and go into Knoxville 22-8.

The way you have it playing out is what I expect as well. That is a debacle and think he'd need to win 2 games in SEC Tournament to assure NCAA Tournament. If they don't make it-this team will decline the NIT (those FR aren't going to play in that event we know it)

If he goes 20-13, then he is gone.

Kentucky record entered this year 330-14 in the previous 14 season under Cal when up 10+

This year Kentucky is now 16-3 in games up 10+ this year

Lost vs Kansas when up 14
Lost at home to Florida when up 10
Lost at LSU when up 15

And still not a word from Barnhart. He is either deliberately neglecting his job and hiding or he is totally oblivious that there is any problem.

Last edited:
And still not a word from Barnhart. He is either deliberately neglecting his job and hiding or he is totally oblivious that there is any problem.
someone caught him coming out of a meeting yesterday, he talked about the women's team more than the men's but said that injuries were a challenge and he believed this team had what it took to make some noise in March.

No hint of frustration from him - but he's on the record saying an 8 seed isn't Kentucky basketball.

His hands are tied with that contract. Any public acknowledgement that Cal isn't measuring up puts him in a position where he'll be expected to act, and acting might cost the school $30m and his job

Last edited:
someone caught him coming out of a meeting yesterday, he talked about the women's team more than the men's but said that injuries were a challenge and he believed this team had what it took to make some noise in March.

No hint of frustration from him - but he's on the record saying an 8 seed isn't Kentucky basketball.

His hands are tied with that contract. Any public acknowledgement that Cal isn't measuring up puts him in a position where he'll be expected to act, and acting might cost the school $30m and his job
If we produce another opening weekend exit in the dance...if we make it...then he has no choice but to go public and act. He allowed all of this to happen. He allowed the program to be labeled second fiddle to a coach that places NBA draft OVER the program. Barnhart is actually more responsible for the downward spiral of the program than Crapapari.
To say nothing or not even take action should warrant termination just as much.

Bring your St John’s team to Rupp and see how they do.

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
If we produce another opening weekend exit in the dance...if we make it...then he has no choice but to go public and act. He allowed all of this to happen. He allowed the program to be labeled second fiddle to a coach that places NBA draft OVER the program. Barnhart is actually more responsible for the downward spiral of the program than Crapapari.
To say nothing or not even take action should warrant termination just as much.
you would have thought he would be in that position after St. Peters

Reactions: Catfan2226

Alabama - L
@ Miss State - L
Vandy - W
Arkansas - W
@ Tennessee - L
$EC-T - L
NCAA/NIT - L

jMIUPhD.png
Wow ... Last five years record among our coaches' paints Cal in pretty dim light. Considering the quality of talent that he's recruited here and with that record ... no doubt there's corruption of intent and of his true purpose. He's just not the same person who was hired for this job. Unbelievably, his only defense is to wave off critics as ignorant, but his record suggests otherwise. Pitino is clearly elite. Tubby's last five years of success vs Cal is impressive. CAL still SUCKS.

Reactions: CatPhight

I know pitino has had a rough year but he seems like he put on a little weight and looks like energized again. He should be at the top of any replacement list. Don’t get hung up on the past. He would win and groom his replacement. It’s the shot in the arm we need if we can’t land Hurley

EDIT: transitive not commutative.
We had a 15 pt lead on LSU. What the hell are you talking about?!

Reactions: Ugoff
SC was a "debacle." At LSU if Thiero had latched onto the ball on the last play, it's a fantastic win.
Just to be sure. This is the same guy who made a fantastic defensive play that erased a certain layup and allowed Dillingham to hit the jumper. And you’re mad at him for not securing the ball on a second consecutive elite defensive play? Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT