ADVERTISEMENT

Dontaie Allen has 21 points in AAU Nationals first game, a rout

Blaahvins sucked, he wasn't anywhere close to good. Not too many UK players i will say that about but he had zero business being anything other than a walkon at UK.

I guess that depends on your definition of good, but he lit up the high school ranks in Kentucky, and he played at UK. That in itself makes him good, like in the top 1% of players nationwide. Of course, he wouldn't have played or even gotten a scholarship if Cal had been here then. He probably wasn't really good enough to play at UK, but there are a lot of good players that aren't good enough.

I don’t think Blevins was ranked. But I too watched him drop 50 in a high school tournament. He was really good as far as Kentucky high school goes but the national scouts weren’t buying and after seeing him in college they were right.

Jaron Brown ended up being decent. That was the other Kentucky kid(Bryan station I think) that Pitino had committed in that class. Brown prepped a year in Maine before going to play at Pittsburgh where he started for 3 years.

Didn't Brandon Stockton score like 81 points in a game in high school? I remember people on here thinking he was the next big thing.

I think Allen, Scrubbs (will retest UofL and UK in two years after JC), and David Johnson will be alright if they go to another school, but I will NEVER understand the outright NEED some posters feel a "Kentucky boy" HAS to be on UK's team.

P.J. Washington was born in Louisville. There... you have the blood you desire. 2019 is a LOADED class.

17U Matts Mustangs advance to AAU Nationals Final Four in Orlando.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT