ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards during UK's 5 game winning streak

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
11 for 17 from 3.

If you go to the LSU loss he's 14 for his last 21

Overall from the floor he is 23 for 33 for 69.7% and 9 for 11 from the foul line
has 21 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 steals, and only 3 turnovers

Kentucky is averaging 99.4 points per game

He flipped a switch. Truly one of the most impressive mid season turnarounds I’ve seen from a UK player. Trying to think of other examples and coming up empty

We cannot give up on any of these kids. I mean if you can’t get behind this group then you may be hopeless. Props to Edwards for overcoming the hardship and the pressure. He even needed a mental health coach to pull through. When the negativity gets loud they hear it. Right now Mitchell needs some grace and I’d say he’s earned that

11 for 17 from 3.

If you go to the LSU loss he's 14 for his last 21

Overall from the floor he is 23 for 33 for 69.7% and 9 for 11 from the foul line
has 21 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 steals, and only 3 turnovers

Kentucky is averaging 99.4 points per game
Happy for him, he’s been a big part of our resurgence. Always good to see a kid turn it around

Reactions: megablue
This is exactly why you play him and keep starting him. Not all players can be coached the same, Dillingham and Sheppard are confident killers. Cal knows this. A guy like Edwards needs more of a softer approach and it's looking like it'll pay off.

People in other threads have said we lost games by continually playing Edwards, but I dont know our end record would be any different. Maybe we win a game like A&M, but if he doesn't play like this we probably don't win tonight if he's a 5 minute per game guy at this point in the season.

And let's assume we'd have 3 fewer losses if we didn't let him ride it out. What would your rather be, a 1 or 2 seed with him being a bench piece that barely plays, or a 3 seed with him playing like he is now? I'd rather have the 3 seed.

Man the kid has definitely come on strong and I’m so happy for him. He gives the team whole other option!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT