ADVERTISEMENT

Does the “All-Time Wins” Record Matter To You?

Everyone of those things that fall is a chink in the armor.

asianquestion04.gif

Well being second does not make you the best. Being number 1 does. Right now our claim is the winningest program and second in titles. You go to 2nd in wins and titles it’s hard to call yourself THE greatest. It will give a few different teams claim. So yes to continue to be the best all time we need that wins mark. Pitino brought UK back to glory put us back on top and cal has crapped us off the ladder.

It's cool but it's like a sick measuring contest. Win the ships, get the girls for me. If we lose out and win the championship I could care less.

My wife had an uncle that no matter what he owned whether it was a car, truck, gun, etc , he would tell you it was the best he’d ever owned, while he owned it. Then once he sold it it was “ I never really liked that car, truck never did steer right, had a rattle that always drove me crazy, gun wouldn’t group, just never trusted it”.
Reminds me of some on this board that call themselves fans of the program. As we sink lower and lower they lower their expectations and justify it with “this isn’t that important” or “well things have changed.”
Just because they can’t admit the goose that laid the golden egg quit laying anything but crap. And they still own it.

This record has been close for years...we could lose it, get it back, lose it again. I just don't see the point. You are talking about losing that record as a "chink in the armor"...this record has fluctuated for years.
It is a chink. You’re right we could get it back but you can’t say it doesn’t help our argument anytime we move back in any of these catergories.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
It is a chink. You’re right we could get it back but you can’t say it doesn’t help our argument anytime we move back in any of these catergories.

I don't know who has an argument over us, regardless of this record. Honestly.

I don't want to lose it but no one has an argument.

Last edited:
I’ve seen several posters here downplay it. Looking ahead to the Kansas game a week from now the thin margin will likely be mentioned more than once. How will you feel if it’s taken from UK?
Won't like it, but something you have to live with. Cal doesn't care anymore so why should l. Since he and Ellen got their championship and $$$, when's the last time you heard him talk about any of that kind of stuff.

If you have lived through Coach Rupp, Hall, Sutton, and Pitino when our mission was to win SEC and national championships then yes all times win is very important. It infuriates me that winning championships is no longer top priority and therefore this coach and his most avid supporters could care less about most wins

My wife had an uncle that no matter what he owned whether it was a car, truck, gun, etc , he would tell you it was the best he’d ever owned, while he owned it. Then once he sold it it was “ I never really liked that car, truck never did steer right, had a rattle that always drove me crazy, gun wouldn’t group, just never trusted it”.
Reminds me of some on this board that call themselves fans of the program. As we sink lower and lower they lower their expectations and justify it with “this isn’t that important” or “well things have changed.”
Just because they can’t admit the goose that laid the golden egg quit laying anything but crap. And they still own it.
It's not just the fans! What about the CEO?

Reactions: ck-2
Would be nice to claim it, but it ranks pretty significantly low on the things I care about. Those wins in the 1950s don't impact anything today.

Reactions: Dubya C Dubya
lol exactly.

Even if they overtook us in total wins haven't they played like 200 more games than we did? lol If we played an equal number of games, they wouldn't even be close to us.

The win % is more important.

Kansas could have 200 more all time wins and UK with 5 more championships and some of you guys would still complain. I’ll take titles over all time wins. You think Kansas wouldn’t trade all time win record for that 2012 title?? Some of you are miserable

Reactions: Dubya C Dubya
It matters, just not the end all be all. It's passed back and forth a few times over the years. I want to keep it, but it's nothing to lose your mind about imo. We'll be fine.

Would be nice to claim it, but it ranks pretty significantly low on the things I care about. Those wins in the 1950s don't impact anything today.
Tell that to the guys that played on those teams. Bet they would disagree. But a normal comment from a cal lover

I use to care about the winning streak and the consecutive 3 point shot made in a game. Coach Cal has lost me since 2015. I am getting to a point i don’t really care anymore. Coach Cal might win another championship or maybe not. I know I do have Coach Cal fatigue.

Yes it does and you're not a UK fan if you say it doesn't. I don't need an answer or explanation as to why I'm wrong because I'm not.

Reactions: clevenger32
Kentucky was the first program to hit 1000 wins (barely) and was the first program to hit 2000 wins (again barely). It would be nice if they were in the lead at 2500 wins and 3000 win milestones.

But the overall lead is a record that will always be in contention. If Kentucky loses it, they can always win it back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT