ADVERTISEMENT

Does the “All-Time Wins” Record Matter To You?

Doesn’t matter! As a program we are better overall than Kansas and still have more chips. No one thinks Kansas is better than UK if they have more wins.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Not really.

Do you know who has the most all-time wins in college football ?? Is that team the #1 program in college football ??

KY is DEFINITELY a Top-Level, Blueblood program. I hope we will always be considered such. I do not think there is a #1 overall program.

We’re 2nd in championship’s and about to be 2nd in wins. Heck yeah it means something this is UK it’s about winning games and winning championships. Cal talked about passing UCLA when he took this job which he has failed to do so to this point! Games to most of the fans do matter from Nov-April it always has at least to me I’m a die hard UK fan!

Not really.

Do you know who has the most all-time wins in college football ?? Is that team the #1 program in college football ??

KY is DEFINITELY a Top-Level, Blueblood program. I hope we will always be considered such. I do not think there is a #1 overall program.
Michigan is the all time winningest.
Indiana is the all time losingest (if thats a word)

Not really.

It’s Michigan. Guess who’s number two? Alabama. So minus 30 games or so, Alabama is without the gold standard. And Bama will easily get it back.

We are not the standard of anything right now.

I think it matters. I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Kansas passes us momentarily, and I don’t think it matters in terms of recruiting or the future trajectory of the program. But it’s nice to be able to point to that when we say we’re the best program in college basketball.

Yes but I’m not going to worry about it. Uncheat passed us a few years ago. Maybe during pitinos 1st year? Hated that but we caught and passed them again.

I think it matters. I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Kansas passes us momentarily, and I don’t think it matters in terms of recruiting or the future trajectory of the program. But it’s nice to be able to point to that when we say we’re the best program in college basketball
Kansas will have it easier to accumulate wins after Texas and Oklahoma leave the conference. It will become more difficult for us.

It did when we held it convincingly. Not so much now, just a #
🤣

Nominated for a “Postie”

golden-laptop-prize-picture-id1090137484

Yes. And I’m shocked Cal could lose it while coaching here. I’m going to be pissed off when it happens.
That being said we will get it back before Cal leaves.

Reactions: dl51344
Is there anybody who’d trade places with Kansas? Three paltry championships. A reputation as a cheating, dirty program sitting on 5 NCAA cheating charges, including loss of institutional control. Stuck in a conference that is falling apart and heading for minor league status.

Kansas may briefly pass Kentucky, as UNC-Cheats did for a few years. It doesn’t change Kentucky’s status as the greatest overall program of all time.

Yes. And I’m shocked Cal could lose it while coaching here. I’m going to be pissed off when it happens.
That being said we will get it back before Cal leaves.
Some should look at Cal in the next preset and ASK.

At least he won’t drop eff bombs like some other garbage Coach.

We have the highest winning percentage by 3% over Carolina, 4% over Kansas and 5% over Duke.

Kansas won 26 games and played like 60 before we even started basketball at UK.

The All Time Wins record matters, it has also shifted around over the years. Regarding this particular circumstance...not holding breath but hopeful NCAA does their job and vacates about 40 wins.

If we lose the total win number it will fluctuate...there is a reason it is close now because it has been close for a long time.

We are the Gold Standard because we have 2nd most titles, most wins, highest win percentage, 3rd FF's. 5 coaches with a title..more to it than total wins and a 60 game head start by The Dorothy's.

We have the highest winning percentage by 3% over Carolina, 4% over Kansas and 5% over Duke.

The All Time Wins record matters, it has also shifted around over the years. Regarding this particular circumstance...not holding breath but hopeful NCAA does their job and vacates about 40 wins.

If we lose the total win number it will fluctuate...there is a reason it is close now because it has been close for a long time.

We are the Gold Standard because we have 2nd most titles, most wins, highest win percentage, 3rd FF's. 5 coaches with a title..more to it than total wins and a 60 game head start by The Dorothy's.
Excellent post. Thanks.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
No, I think it's totally contrary to how I want to live my life. It would be like me counting up something positive - like how much money I've earned - and obsessing about my life total compared to someone else's. I'd rather put my energy and bandwidth into having and enjoying a good day today and tomorrow.

Reactions: megablue

Everyone of those things that fall is a chink in the armor.

It matters to me just like the number of championships matter. It’s nice hearing The Winningest Program in College Basketball History attached to your program. And that would be my stance if my son, mom, or myself was the
coach.
I won’t lower my standards or expectations just because I’m afraid of getting another Billy G here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT