ADVERTISEMENT

Do you feel sad/depressed after a good movie/TV series ends?

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
Seems like it happens to me all the time. I guess I get to emotionally invested into them. Especially with TV series that last a number of years (MacGyver and Quantum Leap were 2 of my favorites). I have a hard time watching newer TV series because of that or because they get cancelled just when I'm getting into them.

Also happens with movies that have sequels, like LotR and the Karate Kid. Just finished watching the BttF trilogy again and I was wanting to see Marty and Doc in another time traveling adventure, but it's not to be. I guess it's better to end like that then for movie studios and networks to make more just as a money grab like the Matrix.

I've heard of some people feeling like this after reading books as well. I think it reminds me of when we had players stay for 4 years and you were saddened to see them go unlike the one and done players you don't really get emotionally attached to.

Reactions: J_Dee
Nah. I only watch maybe three or four shows a year and I almost never get emotionally attached. Breaking Bad came close -- by the end, I was really rooting for Walt to get what was coming to him, with a bang. And I felt the same way about Tony Soprano. As for movies, the original Star Wars trilogy's one of the few that I actually care about. Luke's my hero.

Playing Dungeons and Dragons is pretty much the only fiction that I can get really emotional over. My group has a spectacular DM (my closet friend) and me and the other three players (my other closest friends) have invested a lot of time in crafting our characters and world (we own and operate an upscale tavern in Waterdeep's North Ward as a side-game -- my character's a wealthy Waterdhavian noble, a meticulously-crafted game-breaking Half-Elf Rogue Arcane Trickster 17/Fighter 1). We've been adventuring in Waterdeep and Undermountain (and contending with our accursed rival tavern and our needy noble wives) all night almost every Friday night since Horde of the Dragon Queen (2014...ten years) and we've played from 1st to 18th. We're ending it at 20th, and we're all torn up about it and having a party to celebrate the grand finale. I'm sure somebody will cry. XD

Not sure if either sad or depressed would describe how I feel. I do miss it for a couple of days. I felt that after Breaking Bad (twice) and Better Call Saul. Recently rewatched all of Northern Exposure and felt that too. I watched when it first aired 30 years ago. Currently bingeing Justified and will likely feel it.

Never felt it after any movie. Of course my favorites I've watched multiple times.

Tappman:
How do you feel, Yossarian?

Yossarian:
Fine... because I'm scared to death.

Danby:
You'll have to keep on your toes every minute.

Yossarian:
I'll keep on my toes.

Tappman:
You'll have to jump.

Yossarian:
I'll jump.

Tappman:
JUMP!

[Yossarian jumps over a ditch and runs to the sea while inflating a life raft. He leaps into the sea, paddling furiously, and is gone]

I miss Doc Martin (2004-2022). Unusual show in that they only put out 8-9 episodes every 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT