ADVERTISEMENT

Kennedy Assassination series on KET/PBS

is that series on Northern Ireland showed on regular PBS channels , or only via Prime ?
Regular and it was a great show, especially since I only knew the broad outline of the conflict

Last edited:
I'll save you the time and effort. Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. There WAS no conspiracy/second shooter/CIA involved etc.

My time, working in the intelligence community for the NSA taught me this, if nothing else: The government is AWFUL at keeping secrets.
I will have to disagree with you on this. I have been to the window in the Now Museum where Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy. The Parade route was changed at the last minute. Kennedy was coming straight at Oswald and Kennedy had nowhere to escape. So are you telling me if you really want to shoot someone that you wait until he makes a turn and is running away from you making it an extremely hard shot. No, you would shoot at him when he is right in front of you.

On a side note, I used to work with an OB/GYN who actually delivered Oswald's newborn baby. He was a Resident at Parkland at the time. He observed the commotion of trying to save Kennedy that day! Delivered our daughter as well.

I will have to disagree with you on this. I have been to the window in the Now Museum where Oswald supposedly shot Kennedy. The Parade route was changed at the last minute. Kennedy was coming straight at Oswald and Kennedy had nowhere to escape. So are you telling me if you really want to shoot someone that you wait until he makes a turn and is running away from you making it an extremely hard shot. No, you would shoot at him when he is right in front of you.

On a side note, I used to work with an OB/GYN who actually delivered Oswald's newborn baby. He was a Resident at Parkland at the time. He observed the commotion of trying to save Kennedy that day! Delivered our daughter as well.
Wasn't Oswald also just an average shooter? 3 shots that quick with a bolt action rifle? Plus, going away from you? Had to be more than just him

Was trained by Marines, earned sharpshooter designation, car was going slow, and in a small area, from six stories up, which is not really that high, even as little as I know about the assassination, I have read from numerous sources that in their opinion, it was not that difficult a shot for someone with his background.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Was trained by Marines, earned sharpshooter designation, car was going slow, and in a small area, from six stories up, which is not really that high, even as little as I know about the assassination, I have read from numerous sources that in their opinion, it was not that difficult a shot for someone with his background.
But why take the kill shot as the target was going further away. You shoot when he is coming right in front of you not as he is leaving. Ruby shot Oswald when he was in front of him. He didn’t wait until he had gone past him.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Why does what Ruby did have any weight on what Oswald chose to do?

Who knows why he waited. Maybe he felt if they were facing him and going toward him he thought they’d spot him? Maybe the Sun glare caused a problem, and maybe he second guessed himself and started to chicken out until the chance was slipping away?

Numerous people saw Oswald leaving the building. It was a general description. The president had been shot and the police were kinda making it a priority.

The moron also was walking down the street and made no effort to hide or disguise himself so Tippit stopped him just for him perhaps being close to the age and description. The moron panicked and killed the police officer in front of numerous witnesses and then proceeded to act weird in public at a store and the guy followed him to theater and called the cops. Cops arrest moron.

It's really not illogical at all if you have read the Warren report.

For books vincent bugliosi reclaiming history is the definitive book. It's like 2000 pages plus end notes though so most of you won't read it, same as the full warren report.
The witness reports on people who saw who killed JD Tippit don't say it was oswald.

I'm not sure how much credence I would give to the sharpshooter designation. Expert is a higher ranking than sharpshooter. I was a military policeman, so we were required to qualify a lot. I qualified expert twice, but just because I had so many chances. I was more average than expert. Not saying he did not make the shot, just that the designation may not be what it appears.

The witness reports on people who saw who killed JD Tippit don't say it was oswald.

Well considering g the police that went in the theatre from the rear entrance came on Oswald’s row Oswald immediately stood up and all three police say they heard the pistol snap as they subdued.

No different than how he snapped and killed Tippit.

If that isn’t telling enough I don’t know what is.

Oswald was a shooter. Period. Now if you believe it wasn’t his idea and therefore maybe backup plans were in place, fine. If you believe Oswald doesn’t know why the people behind him really wanted JFK killed, fine.

He was a shooter of the president though.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
SMH at some of these responses, but have gained some insight as to the current crop of conspiracy theories, no amount of facts (or no matter how little evidence exists) the "conspiracy" can account for it. ;)

Whoever did it, other than Oswald, got away with it
He is talking to you @Glenn's take .

But seriously, I read Case Closed when it came out. Occam's Razor should be taught in schools. Stop making the simple complicated. Oswald alone killed Kennedy. If there is a connection anywhere it is Cuba, not the USSR. I doubt that Cuba was involved, but it is possible. No mob, no LBJ, no USSR.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/jfk-assassination-lee-harvey-oswald-mexico-116195/

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much credence I would give to the sharpshooter designation. Expert is a higher ranking than sharpshooter. I was a military policeman, so we were required to qualify a lot. I qualified expert twice, but just because I had so many chances. I was more average than expert. Not saying he did not make the shot, just that the designation may not be what it appears.
Spent weeks practicing up until the event. No matter what earlier rating was he got really good.

To ignore/dismiss the number of different factions that would benefit from Kennedy’s death is naive (mob, war machine, Cuban exiles, Johnson’s Texas henchmen).

I don’t know that our govt was involved in the assassination, but it had every motive in the world to control the narrative after the assassination. At a minimum, and maybe Hyman agrees with this, our govt was GROSSLY incompetent in protecting our president —-and therefore played a role in his death. Jmo
Our government is grossly incompetent in just about every GD thing it does, so...

Reactions: Tannerdad
You can’t justify a reason to shoot Tippet unless you were guilty of something.

Whether it’s that he didn’t expect to get out of the depository alive and somehow thought maybe now he had a chance to get away with it, or he was indeed a patsy planted somewhere but then others performed the act and he was scared he was set up.

I think he did it because it’s absolutely mental gymnastics to figure anything else out, and if we are to believe our govt would just assassinate presidents that aren’t acting in a way we want then we should have done this multiple times over.

Beyond that, he absolutely had the training to pull this off.

What this new footage showed me was there are plenty of different people with the ability to record and snap pictures than I realized for the times. I’m shocked given the angle to the car and the depository no one could have possibly caught it on tape or witnessed it.
Yes, Oswald was the lone gunman. They have eyewitnesses who can account for Oswald's movements from the SBD to the Texas Theatre. An eyewitness testified that Oswald shot Tippit. It may have been a conspiracy, but Oswald fired the only shots that day.

But why take the kill shot as the target was going further away. You shoot when he is coming right in front of you not as he is leaving. Ruby shot Oswald when he was in front of him. He didn’t wait until he had gone past him.
Perhaps it wasn’t possible to set up a sniper’s perch from the windows that faced the direction JFK was coming. The SS with JFK would be in a position to see from where the shots were coming. And due to the fact as the car approached the steepness of the shot would increase requiring the shooter to expose themselves more each shot.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
What if the act wasn’t the cover up. What if it was actually covering up the reasons why?

Oswald was clearly a Russian at some point, and deep rooted in a Cuban movement.

Both places that were absolutely enemies of one JFK.

What if they were trying to change our regime? Would we as a nation want a World War I stead of invading Viet Nam?

Just saying if America had any clue or hint of some kind of foreign country “attacking” our king piece like that, that easy, then what?

Of course that’s just speculation but that to me is the more likely cover up.
This is the important point. Seriously-whether people do or do not possess definitive proof of a second shooter is irrelevant. Why were there open windows along the motorcade route? Why were there not more military soldiers dressed in street clothes, dispersed throughout the crowd? And why were there so many witnesses who died under suspicious circustances, in the 3 years, following the assassination? Many people’s eyewitness testimony was left out of the Warren Report. I wonder why.

Reactions: etowncatfan

i have been to that window as well. He was rated at a Sharpshooter based on his Marine tests in 1956. He could've made those shots. Zero doubt in my mind after see it in person.

Reactions: Tskware
If I knew how to link it, there is a video floating around where a company has spent the last 5 years using laser technology (after taking measurements of the entire Dealey plaza) and, they have determined the magic bullet is not a thing. In fact, they claim they have proven there were different shots that hit Conley and Kennedy. If true, the implications r obvious. I’ll try and find it/link it.

We’ll that’s clear as day when you watch the video and see both JFK and Connelly are hit before JFK’s head explodes.

JFK leans over toward Jackie in pain and Connelly motions forward toward the dash.

Perhaps it wasn’t possible to set up a sniper’s perch from the windows that faced the direction JFK was coming. The SS with JFK would be in a position to see from where the shots were coming. And due to the fact as the car approached the steepness of the shot would increase requiring the shooter to expose themselves more each shot.
Yes, Oliver Stone started that stupid theory about shooting him as he approached on Houston Street. Several reasons he didn't shoot him as he approached, steepness of shot changing (as you pointed out, that makes it a moving target), would have had to shoot over Connolly to hit Kennedy, secret service would have been looking forward at the SBD, and Oswald wanted to get away. Shooting him as he did going downhill and away, it was a nice steady shot with no obstructions, and no secret service looking his way,

https://www.city-journal.org/article/jfk-was-a-martyr-of-the-cold-war

"John F. Kennedy was murdered by a Communist in an age of superpower tensions—but 60 years later, a counterfactual mythology continues to mislead Americans."
I thought I had just read that and looked to post but couldn’t remember where I saw it.

Lee Harvey Oswald, a onetime defector to the Soviet Union, self-described Marxist, and admirer of Fidel Castro, but also a “nut” and a “loser,”. I think that summed it up..

Why not just walk up to the motorcade and shoot? Anyone can say anything about why something would've been easier.

I guess, really, shooting going away was better bc 60 years later ppl are still believing there were other shooters when the head on would've left no doubt...

Watching the zapruder at normal speed I don’t even believe the bullet came from anywhere but the rear.

It actually makes sense with Kennedy already leaning left and slumped. Plus the bullet clip that side of his head and you can see blood spew forward after the bullet hits. It’s actually damn gruesome!

I do think the CIA and its ties to those around him convinced him somehow to do this as if it was for the country and then abandoned him. So based on that maybe he was a nut and a loser, but by no means would have determined that due to his training and spy capibility which I think he was trained to be in Russia and Cuba.

Why not just walk up to the motorcade and shoot? Anyone can say anything about why something would've been easier.

I guess, really, shooting going away was better bc 60 years later ppl are still believing there were other shooters when the head on would've left no doubt...
Your intent was to kill Kennedy. Just like when you go deer hunting your intent is to shoot a Big Buck. If you have a Big Buck slowly coming right at you are you going to wait to shoot him after he has turned and gone pass You?? You would have a chance to get several shots in case you missed if you fired when he was in front of you.

The Devil's Chessboard by David Talbot. Great book about how powerful the CIA, and especially Allen Dulles, had become throughout 1950s and early 1960s America.

It may not convince you that the CIA did it, but once you read that book it'll remove all doubt about whether or not the CIA had the means, motivation and balls to make such a move.

• Love
Reactions: RunninRichie
F_jb2dTXcAE185s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT