ADVERTISEMENT

Do you agree or disagree with this?

BLEEDBLUE444

Senior
Mar 6, 2012
I believe guys are playing scared and tight because they are worried about Cal taking them out of the game. Cal seems to pull certain players pretty quickly if they make a mistake. I think this leads to guys being passive and turning down opportunities.

Do you think he should let them have a little more autonomy on the court and play a little more free? Or, do you agree that they need to be more micro managed and have the fear of coming out due to mistakes?

Reactions: Farsight
They look confused and not a team yet. We're nowhere what we were last year, and not having an offensive threat confuses them more.

They'll get better. Gotta remember, John Wall needed a shot at the buzzer to beat Miami of Ohio. We'll get better but this team isn't hanging a banner.

Reactions: westerncat
I would normally agree, but who the heck is he putting in. Juzang has a short leash so we basically have brooks to come in.
No reason to be scared you are gonna get some play time until we get guys back.

Reactions: KFuqua
I believe guys are playing scared and tight because they are worried about Cal taking them out of the game. Cal seems to pull certain players pretty quickly if they make a mistake. I think this leads to guys being passive and turning down opportunities.

Do you think he should let them have a little more autonomy on the court and play a little more free? Or, do you agree that they need to be more micro managed and have the fear of coming out due to mistakes?
UK currently has 7 healthy scholarship players nobody is lacking PT nor scared that they'll get benched for Johnny Juzang.. Put down the heroin.

OP, to help answer your question - if you can find the subliminal message in this pattern, you'll know why the players played the way they did tonight.

Good luck!

cad62271250d48d0cc4a315128d04986.gif

Reactions: BLEEDBLUE444

Utter crap. Just complete crap. There is no fear of being yanked, especially tonight. They need to learn some basic basketball and they'll be better off.

I will say this, going 1 fer x from 3 will take the starch out of your pants. Having a guy fight your ass for position on a rebound will put a little fear in you. Figuring out you shouldn't have switched and a guy is left open will make your teeth clench. Being to damn tired you can't put one foot in front of the other is tough too.

WE HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE!!! Wake up people.

It’s strange because even our veterans are acting scared.

Guys weren't playing scared when the Cats were up 14 were they? A depleted 7-man(and if you watch Hagans his leg is clearly not 100% despite scoring 22 or 24 points) roster was up 52-38 with 12 to go and then UVU had a kid start making 30 footers after starting the game off 0-7 and 3 for his first 19 on the season. You also had Maxey and Hagans who ended up playing 37 minutes a piece basically going the entire way.

You people do realize that UVU was 4 for their first 16 from 3 right? Then the guy started making those shots he never makes and kept them in the game. Maxey. Juzang, Whitney, Sestina, and Brooks are all playing in their 4th game together, 6 if you count the exhibitions. Hell, Richards played 35 minutes and with 10 minutes to go he was grabbing at this shorts because he was giving it all.

It's no coincidence the Cats, playing only 7 players, had only given up 41 points in the first 28 minutes and then gave up 33 the last 12. Damn, the context when you can just overreact. Much easier than understand what the eff is actually going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT