ADVERTISEMENT

Do we move up, down or stay put in the polls?

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
I mean, after all, this is the Big 12, the greatest conference in the history of conferences. Do we get the dook treatment or do we get the shaft?

(Before you say, "Who cares about the polls?" just stop. It eventually can have an impact in tourney seeding.)

Guess it depends on who loses in front of us but we really should move up.

Doesn't matter, we will be facing IU in the round of the NCAA whether it be 3/6 or 4/5. Book it

I mean, after all, this is the Big 12, the greatest conference in the history of conferences. Do we get the dook treatment or do we get the shaft?

(Before you say, "Who cares about the polls?" just stop. It eventually can have an impact in tourney seeding.)
You can bet we won't get any favors out of the Biased Media Voters

Really miss the weekly AP on how the "top 25 fared this week" report. It's weekly summary kept me informed without a single twit. Never see it any more. any one see it now?

We better move up. Remember in 2014 Duke was ranked 18th and lost to Syracuse who was ranked in the top 5 in overtime and moved up 6 spots. We better get the same treatment but that won't happen.

Reactions: bigblue7609
Usually I would say who cares, but this year we may have to rely on the "talking heads" thinking more of us than the ridiculous computer models. Kenpom still has UL at #8. It's clear all you have to do is schedule nothing but creampuffs, beat the snot out of them, and never beat anyone that good and you will stay in the Top 10 in those things all year. They are jokes.

Fall. They lost and that seems to be all that matters. They won't drop out of the top 25, but i would say about 22-23

Usually I would say who cares, but this year we may have to rely on the "talking heads" thinking more of us than the ridiculous computer models. Kenpom still has UL at #8. It's clear all you have to do is schedule nothing but creampuffs, beat the snot out of them, and never beat anyone that good and you will stay in the Top 10 in those things all year. They are jokes.
Let's see what Kenpom's model says about uavel after that ass kicking they took tonight. Ugly.

Reactions: BigBlueFan1963
You have Kansas and Kentucky both at 16-4 and goto OT in a very close game and the game is at Kansas then UK should no way be at #20 and Kansas in the Top 5. The problem is that I felt we should have moved up more after the great week when we beat Arkansas on the Road on a Thursday night and turnaround on Saturday and played great beating Vandy and only be at #20! We should have been higher this week after being 16-4 and on a 3 game winning streak winning at Arkansas and beating Vandy we should have moved last week to #12-#14 before this game took place and I still believe after this OT loss at Kansas this shows the NCAA world that UK is a Top 10 team and NO team wants to play us come March Madness!

Reactions: UKGrad93
I'm settled on KU getting the complimentary #2 seed come March (with an early flameout, as usual) and Kentucky getting a #3 seed (like we should have in 11') but the selection committee putting us as a #4 seed in the overall #1 team's region.

And I like our chances at another Final Four, if we can play with that kind of intensity, poise, and effort. If it weren't for a red-hot Kemba Walker that year, we would've hung #8 a year earlier.

I like our chnces here on out.

Go Big Blue !

I'd rank you 10

Good god Yall are some cheating bastards in that arena.

Neutral court we wax your ass by 10 and you know it. Have fun getting your ass beat in the round of 32 yet again. You suck away from that home cooking court. No wonder no one beats you in conference.

Cheaters. Just like the clustering in your academics.

Good god Yall are some cheating bastards in that arena.

Neutral court we wax your ass by 10 and you know it. Have fun getting your ass beat in the round of 32 yet again. You suck away from that home cooking court. No wonder no one beats you in conference.

Cheaters. Just like the clustering in your academics.
Good God man give it a rest. It seems you have been up all night on a rampage. Your comments about the team, the coaching and the opponent have gone way overboard.
@KneeBurns was just trying to compliment us by saying we should be top 10 and you jump on him like he was one of the refs.
Back it down about 10 notches. You take losses way too hard.

By all rights we should move up in the polls, but this is Kentucky we're talking about, so it is very likely we stay the same or even drop a couple of spots. But there is no way in H-E-Double L that UofL or Duke should be ahead of us in the polls.

Being UK we will probably stay the same or fall. Nobody gets dropped in the polls more than us after a loss, doesn't matter who we lose to, where the game is played, or anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT