ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't like the goofing around during postgame interview with Ulis.

Well we have another poster that has 6 messages liked out of 6,500 messages sent that tells it all. I was watching SEC Live this afternoon with Tony Delk and they Ulis after the game and he was discussing the 20 point leads and letting the other teams back in the game. Ulis was discussing how they didn't play well at times and was something they had to fix asap! Ulis was goofing around with what I saw with his interview from last night postgame. Even if he is having some fun that is not a bad thing either with this team at this point of the season. I have seen Ulis many times getting on the Bigs and trying to help Skal, Lee, and Poy. They were also referencing the Lottery and hitting the Lottery with the lottery last night at 1.5 billion and saying Cal telling his players like Ulis, Murray, Briscoe, Lee, Poy, and even Skal that they can hit Lottery as in the NBA lottery draft for 2016. That is where I saw some fun with Ulis and others.

Noticed some pictures and ESPN video of that after the game. If that is the mentality after under performing against a terrible team then it may be the reasons for the teams issues in some games. This team does seem to play with that kind of "it's always fun and games" attitude. This is a fine attitude to have IMO if you are taking care of business like you should. Would like to see this addressed by Cal

I can tell you for a fact that Cal was not happy after this game. I was sitting front row, right behind Leach, for his post game interview and Cal was NOT happy with the team last night.

This is so short sighted, and it's got nothing to do with this stupid thread.

Some of these 18 years olds have an opportunity right now that they might not have a few years from now, and lots of these guy we have under cal are trying to end generational poverty.
Some people must grow up early, because for them 18,19,20 means everything.
They can have fun later.

Your talk of possible backgrounds for some of them makes me wonder is this the first time that they have had fun. Tough growing ups don't make smiles come easy. Let them enjoy the moment, for some it won't come around again.

Reactions: kat57
My favorite part of this thread was when the OP came back to defend his post..... Oh wait, you mean he hasn't yet? :joy:

So either he is a troll of the first order and we all fell for it (unlikely) or he realized how stupid his OP was and is too ashamed to come back.

I heard that marcus Lee watched a romantic comedy in his room..one part was so funny he chuckled aloud. We need to raid his room and tell him no funny allowed, look at the fouls hes committed.

While I don't have an issue with the team goofing around (and I'm pretty sure Cal doesn't either) it's not ridiculous to consider another approach. I'm old enough to remember the 1978 national championship team. They were expected to win it all and they made winning a very serious business. Many sportswriters derided UK for not letting the players have fun and the season was dubbed "a season without celebration" outside of Kentucky. The players didn't even celebrate or cut down the nets (if I remember right) when they won the region. After winning the national championship, my father took me to Rupp Arena to welcome the team back. All the players were celebrating, acting crazy, etc. and, when Joe Hall took the microphone, the first words out of his mouth were "NOW we are having fun." He was making the point that it was worth being serious and focused during the season because the REAL fun comes from winning it all. These are different times and Cal is doing it right, but the original poster is not a moron (as some have suggested) for simply asking the question if perhaps some of the players are not focused enough.

Reactions: willymakit63
They know the same deal as us. The officiating was an 8-point swing in direct FT's/Fouls alone (I don't even want to try and estimate the damage it did after).

That was an easy 15-point win, maybe more, that got marred by some terrible officiating. Got into the heads of our players, for sure. But performance wise, the game was fine. Let them celebrate and feel good.

I goofed off when I was 18-19. Let the be kids as well as basketball players.

While I don't have an issue with the team goofing around (and I'm pretty sure Cal doesn't either) it's not ridiculous to consider another approach. I'm old enough to remember the 1978 national championship team. They were expected to win it all and they made winning a very serious business. Many sportswriters derided UK for not letting the players have fun and the season was dubbed "a season without celebration" outside of Kentucky. The players didn't even celebrate or cut down the nets (if I remember right) when they won the region. After winning the national championship, my father took me to Rupp Arena to welcome the team back. All the players were celebrating, acting crazy, etc. and, when Joe Hall took the microphone, the first words out of his mouth were "NOW we are having fun." He was making the point that it was worth being serious and focused during the season because the REAL fun comes from winning it all. These are different times and Cal is doing it right, but the original poster is not a moron (as some have suggested) for simply asking the question if perhaps some of the players are not focused enough.
But if you listened to Ulis' interview he did take last night's game seriously, and even commented on how the team wasn't happy about it and giving up a big lead like they did was something that needed to be addressed. The having fun and laughing was apart of the conversation that was totally unrelated.

I haven't came back to defend my stance(until now, I guess) because I didn't feel I needed to. This is how I feel and I don't think it is crazy to think that way. Again, I'm not saying the team shouldn't have fun. But I just think that acting in this way after nearly losing a game to a team you should have beaten by 30 is a bit much. Miss. St is a bad, bad team. Take care of business during the season and then we can all celebrate at the end.

post-26218-Find-joy-in-the-journey-quote-0F3u.jpeg

just sayin'

I haven't came back to defend my stance(until now, I guess) because I didn't feel I needed to. This is how I feel and I don't think it is crazy to think that way. Again, I'm not saying the team shouldn't have fun. But I just think that acting in this way after nearly losing a game to a team you should have beaten by 30 is a bit much. Miss. St is a bad, bad team. Take care of business during the season and then we can all celebrate at the end.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but don't be surprised if others feel your opinion is out-of-place and out-of-touch. I think the gist of what you are saying and feeling is that they should take this seriously. They do and the actions you disparage are probably the expression of a sense of relief at narrowly escaping a devastating loss through very little fault of those three.

But how can you be for certain they aren't taking it serious? You can't be.

Dude it's basketball. Refs and a team shooting hot can level the playing field. Anyone with a brain can look and see Miss St is no where near the talent level we're at. It happens sometimes. Teams with no business being in a game with us- somehow make it game. We even saw it last year a couple of times with the juggernaut we had. It's also a game and these are kids. Just a little perspective can go a long way....

How is it Ulis, Murray and Briscoe's fault that MSU came back? Watch the games, pay attention to the game of basketball. If was not their faults, as they played great overall as a threesome so maybe YOU should take your fandom more serious and stop drinking too many beers during the game or too many bathroom breaks and blame the players who should be blamed for goofing off DURING the game on Tuesday.

Maybe its like sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin. These guys messing around makes it hard to be sincere. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No that's just stupid. Some of you guys are probably too young to know who the great pumpkin is. You have to be REALLY sincere.

That 78 team was loaded with upper class men.
Cals teams are always primarily Freshman driven.
Think about it.

My guess is OP has chronic sandinthevaginaitis. It is a terrible and crippling disease. Symptoms often include being a crusty old fart, severe lack of friends, telling young people to get off your lawn, crying in your pillow while masturbating, and being an all around awful person. Such people include Kim Davis, Michael Moore, and Sean Penn. So far, there are no known cures, however, a firm slap to the face and yelling STFU has been known to be highly effective, if only temporary.

Lolz

Noticed some pictures and ESPN video of that after the game. If that is the mentality after under performing against a terrible team then it may be the reasons for the teams issues in some games. This team does seem to play with that kind of "it's always fun and games" attitude. This is a fine attitude to have IMO if you are taking care of business like you should. Would like to see this addressed by Cal
Or maybe the bad play is because they aren't having fun. Mainly due to the psycho fans out there.

Sports is the most serious thing in life ever

Different time, different day, this class were 4 year players who had been through a lot. As freshmen they were Runner-ups in '75, won the NIT in '76, and lost in the Regional finals in '77. So they wanted to be all business in '78. I can understand their thinking but it's lost on these freshmen and new players that we have now so we need to let them enjoy the good parts.

Man is it me or does S&C always seem totally out of touch with reality? I was going to say the OP has to have made , what is in fact , the worst post I have ever read and I see everyone agrees. Well except S&C but I gotta believe at this point he is just being insane for insanity's sake. You want you team to have fun and to win . Looks like they are doing both. The game was close for 1 reason and 1 reason only - The refs.

I was making a general statement. Funny you buy Cals coach speak when he's talking about it, but when it's reversed you say this crap.

Honestly, you're called out on terrible homer post religiously, but I've stayed away from it thinking it's not worth it. But then when you claimed cal doesn't prefer a smaller bench, I was floored. Keep watching thug Miami hurricane football. Your knowledge on UK is flawed.

And how should 18 year olds act after a win?

Should they be downtrodden to please you?

Of course not. Here is the truth. You dont play sports, probably never did. At this level, the game is over you move on immediately, win or lose.

The other thing is you probably never had children, at least I hope not (I cannot imagine the household being so serious and your father criticizing you for smiling at any time).

It was a dumb post. I wasnt an opinion, it was a dumb thought you wrote out that everyone in the universe is shaking their head at.

You have had 6378 tries and this is the best you can do? Perhaps you should try something else...like yell at the weather.

91sn32Q.jpg

And how should 18 year olds act after a win?

Should they be downtrodden to please you?

Of course not. Here is the truth. You dont play sports, probably never did. At this level, the game is over you move on immediately, win or lose.

The other thing is you probably never had children, at least I hope not (I cannot imagine the household being so serious and your father criticizing you for smiling at any time).

It was a dumb post. I wasnt an opinion, it was a dumb thought you wrote out that everyone in the universe is shaking their head at.

You have had 6378 tries and this is the best you can do? Perhaps you should try something else...like yell at the weather.

91sn32Q.jpg

My own opinion on it was general. Nothing really about this game.

I prefer players that get pissed after game like that. And yes, they exist all over the place.

Now, it's not saying they shouldn't have fun. Of course they should and they better too because without having fun you'll flop. But if those are the same faces after a loss to aurbun, their heads aren't in the right place.

This year is gonna be what it is. A long year. UK fans take this shit serious. When they see players play crappy and then be happy about it, it hits then in the gut. Especially when most UK fans are anti-OAD and they go along with it becaus cal sells it to them.

That's what's really wrong around here. Lack of ships and people don't like the product to begin with. Not me necessarily but that's the problem.

My own opinion on it was general. Nothing really about this game.

I prefer players that get pissed after game like that. And yes, they exist all over the place.

Now, it's not saying they shouldn't have fun. Of course they should and they better too because without having fun you'll flop. But if those are the same faces after a loss to aurbun, their heads aren't in the right place.

This year is gonna be what it is. A long year. UK fans take this shit serious. When they see players play crappy and then be happy about it, it hits then in the gut. Especially when most UK fans are anti-OAD and they go along with it becaus cal sells it to them.

That's what's really wrong around here. Lack of ships and people don't like the product to begin with. Not me necessarily but that's the problem.

This group just doesnt have it in them.

Like Cal said, last year an opponent ran his mouth we beat them by 100, this year...

Th OP's post was pathetic.

I get what you are saying, its just not the makeup of this team.

Our two senior leaders are really nice kids. I honestly think Skal has shown more edge with his technicals than Lee and Alex. Not that any of them were intelligent.

Just a nice team with lots of good kids.

I'm sure Tyler and Briscoe wish they could bring some schoolyard heroes from Chicago and Jersey to join the squad just to add some toughness.

This group just doesnt have it in them.

Like Cal said, last year an opponent ran his mouth we beat them by 100, this year...

Th OP's post was pathetic.

I get what you are saying, its just not the makeup of this team.

Our two senior leaders are really nice kids. I honestly think Skal has shown more edge with his technicals than Lee and Alex. Not that any of them were intelligent.

Just a nice team with lots of good kids.

I'm sure Tyler and Briscoe wish they could bring some schoolyard heroes from Chicago and Jersey to join the squad just to add some toughness.

Right. And it's not that I agree I was just stating what the issue is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT