ADVERTISEMENT

Did we supposedly commit a goal tend that went uncalled?

I think one of Willis's blocks was on a ball as it came off the glass. I called it when it happened. IT IS ABOUT TIME WE GET THE BENEFIT OF A BAD CALL! Seems like UK has had to eat enough of the bad calls the last few years.

It was - a Willis block off the backboard. Early in the game I think.

Just one of these things fans complain about when their team loses. Every game has missed calls.

Thanks.

It all matters. Maybe that's why Fox didn't get to shoot any free throws in the first half.

But things that happen early can be overcome. Pretty sure they had a lead or two in the second half.

Yes, there was one. Gabriel and Mulder went up to block a layup and Mulder hit it a split second after it hit the board. I thought it was a goal tend. Of course, I also thought there were several calls against us, that went their way, so they have no room to cry. They just need to make more shots, or pray they don't get into our region again, for awhile. They are kind of the Utah of this decade.

I disagree that was a goaltending. Goaltending is called if ball hits backboard and is above the rim. I don't think this was above. I could be wrong that it was below. Below rim is legal.
Now you've done it......I have to go back and watch the game now to see if it was below or above the rim. I was thinking the play that involved Willis was above the rim line.

yep, it was clear goal tend.

so? we made plays to win it. We would have made plays to win it anyways. Two blocks, 2/2 free throw, and etc.

They should focus on knowing how to win instead of trying to be an hero without the ability.

I disagree that was a goaltending. Goaltending is called if ball hits backboard and is above the rim. I don't think this was above. I could be wrong that it was below. Below rim is legal.
Never knew that about above the rim part. That would be almost impossible to see in real time. Like the entire ball above the rim or just a part of it?

Reactions: chroix
Regardless, it was a goaltend. Ball clearly above rim and hit backboard first. They let a walk go by wich st not long after and many other questionable calls.

They couldn't beat us when they we're undefeated why would they think they can beat us now.

Reactions: brianpoe
How about at the end of the first half when Bam got the offensive rebound on Fox's air ball and the little white kid from Wichita State completely latched onto Bam's leg and did not let him get the ball?

I can play this game. It's fun.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Yes, there was one. Gabriel and Mulder went up to block a layup and Mulder hit it a split second after it hit the board. I thought it was a goal tend. Of course, I also thought there were several calls against us, that went their way, so they have no room to cry. They just need to make more shots, or pray they don't get into our region again, for awhile. They are kind of the Utah of this decade.

This is the one that happened, Mulder hit it after it hit the backboard, the announcers mentioned it. After all of the bad calls against us, I could care less what their fans say.

Reactions: brianpoe
Never knew that about above the rim part. That would be almost impossible to see in real time. Like the entire ball above the rim or just a part of it?

Violations- Goaltending. (Rule 9-17.5). When the ball contacts the backboard and any part of the ball is above the rim on a field goal attempt, it is considered to be on its downward flight. In such case, it is goaltending when the ball is touched by a player as long as it has a possibility of entering the basket.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Only judging by the replay, it looks over the rim, old Mulder can really get up though.

It was a goaltend but only noticed by replay guys. No announcer mentioned it on the live play. No one on WSU complained at the time. C'est la vie.

The charge in the first couple of minutes was a killer for us. We could have made that and then gone on a 12-0 run but it just killed us. :angry:

I agree that there were numerous times we drove it inside, got fouled and there were no calls, when ordinarily we'd be shooting free throws. It wasn't one of those late-game situations where a bad or no-call shifted momentum.

The charge in the first couple of minutes was a killer for us. We could have made that and then gone on a 12-0 run but it just killed us. :angry:
And then, late in the 2nd half, Fox got in front of shemat and they called it a block. Same effing play.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I believe it was a Mulder block and yes, it went uncalled. I'm sure we could all find no-calls on their end too. Not a story. Move on WSU.

There could be 100 for-Kentucky calls, and it still wouldn't make up for the 7-year nonsense under Calipari.

Further, you'd need to times that number by 10 to be anywhere near Duke's level.

The last thing I want to hear, the ABSOLUTE last, is some team crying about officiating. Try playing Kentucky anywhere else and you'll catch a 30pt beatdown. Whine to someone else.. not to Kentucky fans.. we don't want to hear it.

Reactions: KY_Kid and awf
We'll go ahead and call it even with the ridiculous foul call with Hawkins boxing out freaking Shaq. Who is three times his size.

This one was mind-boggling to me. Weird how when it's a bigger Kentucky player: Foul. ut when we are the smaller player it's a foul on us.

I really would love to see NBA officials with zero ties to the college game/NCAA call one of our games. Maybe I'm wrong.. but I'd bet a lot of money Kentucky would win the same close game by another 10-15 points. Cal is hated by the NCAA, they hate the 1AD contingency, they need to equalize games where a team has NBA-sized players making NBA-sized plays..

That's not a goaltend mate, this is a goaltend...

screen-shot-2017-03-18-at-8-16-50-pm.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT