ADVERTISEMENT

Did Wandale improve draft stock with that performance?

It's still a dream that Wandale will come back, but it's still possible. With that being said, he will be an all-pro slot receiver. Dude has the "it" that you need.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
I think setting the receiving yards record for U.K., getting POG, etc., improved his draft stock at least marginally.
I agree, the only issue with Robinson is that there aren’t many 5’9” 170lb receivers in the NFL and his his durability in the professional ranks would come into question by teams. Heart wise he is 6’5” 275lbs. I also hope he returns but if not I want to thank him for letting us witness his spectacular season.

Reactions: kfan2 and STL_Cat
Didn’t they play Nebraska when he was there?
They did, but Nebraska didn't use Robinson very well, I understand they tried to (mis)use him as a running back. No wonder they have a terrible, losing program when they can't realize what a natural talent they had.

Reactions: STL_Cat
They did, but Nebraska didn't use Robinson very well, I understand they tried to (mis)use him as a running back. No wonder they have a terrible, losing program when they can't realize what a natural talent they had.
I enjoyed the schadenfreude of reading their board on Sunday. All of them talking about how much of a stud Wandale is when he’s utilized properly like he was at UK. And unlike he was at Nebraska.

Reactions: RogerIndy
I think so. The funny thing yesterday at the game was Iowa fans kept asking "who is that #1" Wandale was a household name in Kentucky but most of America had never heard of him. They know who he is now
No offense but I find that hard to believe unless they don’t follow the team very closely. When Wandale transferred to Kentucky Iowa fans were all over the message boards laughing at Nebraska.

Reactions: RogerIndy and gojvc
I agree, the only issue with Robinson is that there aren’t many 5’9” 170lb receivers in the NFL and his his durability in the professional ranks would come into question by teams. Heart wise he is 6’5” 275lbs. I also hope he returns but if not I want to thank him for letting us witness his spectacular season.
I will be surprised if he doesn’t go pro and actually there are some pretty well known receivers around his size. Hilton, Welker, Cobb and Antonio Brown to name a few. A lot of good receivers coming out this year but he’s definitely one of the best.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Nebraska knew what they had. He was by far the best player on their team. The problem was that he was being overused as a RB and his QB was leading him into some nasty hits.

He only improved his stock if NFL scouts actually watch football games. Any question you had about his size and durability was shot to hell. He plays bigger than most 6'3" receivers. I know it sounds crazy but his catch radius is to the point that you can actually use him as your possession receiver if you want to. Plus he showed the one thing that can't show up in the combine. He's simply a winner.

Kinda like how he was projected a 1/2 round pick last year, but suddenly he's a surefire top-10.

With NIL, most of these guys actually could make more in college than the pros thanks to the shitty rookie deals they hand out.
Pros get NIL money as well in addition to salary. The only way Wandale makes more from NIL is if he goes undrafted or is on the scout team. Even if he is a low round draft pick he will still be as popular in the Kentucky market as he is now.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
I enjoyed the schadenfreude of reading their board on Sunday. All of them talking about how much of a stud Wandale is when he’s utilized properly like he was at UK. And unlike he was at Nebraska.
It’s water under the bridge now but it’s hard to believe he ever chose Nebraska over UK in the first place.

It’s water under the bridge now but it’s hard to believe he ever chose Nebraska over UK in the first place.
If he was being recruited now I don’t think he chooses Nebraska over UK. I think now he would see what’s happening with both programs and not even consider the Huskers.
Stoops > Frost

Reactions: gojvc
Realistically, who does he compare to in the NFL? He's a bit undersized and lacks elite speed but makes up with buckets of football IQ and shifty-ness. Not knowing the numbers, I'd guess he could bring in $2-3 mil from NIL and potentially $3-5mil (not guaranteed) from the NFL over a couple years with half going to other people .

i.e.
He should cash in on the guaranteed NIL money.

Pros get NIL money as well in addition to salary. The only way Wandale makes more from NIL is if he goes undrafted or is on the scout team. Even if he is a low round draft pick he will still be as popular in the Kentucky market as he is now.

I'd be willing to bet the most popular college athletes make more in sponsorship deals than NFL benchwarmers.

How many Bowden NFL jerseys were sold around these parts?

Reactions: STL_Cat
Thank Baby Jesus Wan’Dale transferred here in the first place. Burnt toast without that guy.

Thank Baby Jesus Wan’Dale transferred here in the first place. Burnt toast without that guy.
It really is pretty amazing how much difference one dynamic playmaker can make in the whole complexion of an offense. Totally different team without Wandale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT