ADVERTISEMENT

Did Tyler Ulis sign on to Cals staff ?

Can't speak for anybody else's "list", but this guy is on my Big Blue list above your average message board rando. Lmao.

ulis.jpg

That’s the DUMBEST damn statement I’ve ever heard!!! So someone who was one of your favorites and you don’t give a shit whether they have any semblance of success anywhere else? This fanbase would be waaaayyy better without people like you! What a ridiculous, moronic thing to say!
I don't. I know none of them personally. Do you?
I don't wish them ill, I'm just not going to follow their careers with pom poms.
I'm not the basketball equivalent of a Taylor Swift fan who follows her everywhere and into who she is dating.

Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
I don't. I know none of them personally. Do you?
I don't wish them ill, I'm just not going to follow their careers with pom poms.
I'm not the basketball equivalent of a Taylor Swift fan who follows her everywhere and into who she is dating.

Another day of the internet and another day of adults trying to tell other adults how to think.

Ulis is just getting started in his coaching career. It is probably not easy to get those entry level jobs without a relationship with someone.
Best of luck to Tyler in his journey, he’s always a Wildcat to me.
The coaching profession is ALL about relationships. And a relationship with John Calipari, regardless of how we feel about him, is enormous.

I don’t know, but he’s not listed in this article highlighting new additions to the staff: https://www.si.com/college/arkansas...-of-additions-to-coaching-staff-from-kentucky
I don’t believe he’s eligible yet. Tyler did not graduate UK. He left early. Last year he was a student assistant. He was going back to finish his degree. You can not be an assistant or head coach without a degree. Remember Steve Massiello? He was fired because he never actually graduated UK. I don’t believe Tyler has his degree yet. Rondo just came back to finish his a couple years ago.

As I’ve said it’s rumored Ulis was approached in some capacity about remaining at UK, not sure of the accuracy or in what capacity. Ulis like most others in his position will remain with their mentor wherever they go because that’s just how it’s done. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t love Kentucky he just doesn’t control these things. If Ulis becomes a top notch assistant and UK calls he’ll return when it’s time. Until then, unless another circumstance presents itself, Ulis is going to do what everyone in his profession does follow their coach around until it’s time for them to move out on their own. I’m sure he hates it more than anyone it might be for an other team for a while. Ulis doesn’t give two shits about Arkansas but neither does Calipari.

We are spending so much time and energy trashing Arkansas. I think we need to remember our primary purpose is the trashing and bashing of Louisville.
Huh? I don't care about Lil'Brother, that regional city school that is < WKU.
UNC and Duke are at the top of our list.

As for Ulis, he seems like a good young man, that gave his ALL for UK, and is full of basketball knowledge, and I hope he gets his chance somewhere! Yes, I would love for it to be at UK, but if not, I just hope he get the opportunity to succeed anywhere.

It's unbelievable to me how grown adults, (If that's what you wanna call it.) troll people they don't even know personally on a message board for fun. This generation is done for.

That’s not loyalty. That’s controlling. It’s like getting married and telling your spouse they can’t work or do anything anymore unless it suits your needs or you’ll divorce them. These guys aren’t slaves. Playing at Kentucky is just a small part of these players lives. It’s just a game. Way too many fans act like Kentucky basketball is their life and need it to validate themselves. Kentucky winning titles does nothing but make us smile in the end. It changes nothing as far as who we as fans are or become.
LOL
You may want to look up loyalty... just sayin

Reactions: KFuqua
So every former player who coaches but not at UK is dead to us? That makes no sense. It’s not like you can have 50 coaches.
He isn't dead to me... I think that poster is just filled with so much Cal hate, that anyone associated is going to get the same
Having said that, I wish Ark no luck at all, and hate that team/HC...so by default Ulis falls in with them
it is what it is....

Reactions: Fox2monk
He isn't dead to me... I think that poster is just filled with so much Cal hate, that anyone associated is going to get the same
Having said that, I wish Ark no luck at all, and hate that team/HC...so by default Ulis falls in with them
it is what it is....
I definitely don’t wish them luck. But I love Ulis and hope one day he returns to our bench,

I think the link in the first quoted post answers the question, at least for this upcoming season. Maybe he'll join late, but I don't know why he wouldn't just do it now if that were the case.

Still no official announcement. We shall see:
Calipari said shortly after he was hired to coach the Razorbacks that he planned to bring Ulis to Fayetteville as part of his staff for the 2024-25 season, but no such formal announcement has been made. Ulis did not graduate from UK in May, as was previously expected, though he could still complete his college studies over the next few months and join the Arkansas staff in time for the start of next season.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article289336825.html#storylink=cpy

That’s not loyalty. That’s controlling. It’s like getting married and telling your spouse they can’t work or do anything anymore unless it suits your needs or you’ll divorce them. These guys aren’t slaves. Playing at Kentucky is just a small part of these players lives. It’s just a game. Way too many fans act like Kentucky basketball is their life and need it to validate themselves. Kentucky winning titles does nothing but make us smile in the end. It changes nothing as far as who we as fans are or become.

The word controlling is so overused today it’s unreal. Oh the horror of a person that wants his his wife( or husband for that matter) to be at home with the kids while he works. How controlling!! I’m just amazed at how often and quick people think to jump to calling everything controlling these days. To me it’s just a way to ignore anyone that wants accountability. Just call them controlling.

Also we need to take the word slave with regard to athletes and burn it. Sports have been ruined because of this mindset that began when Lebron James first made his moves. Nobody ever thought a fan enjoying loyalty to a team was something akin to slavery. It’s absurd.

And let’s clear up this idea that this is just a game, doesn’t matter, everyone should just quit caring. This is another avenue that really did begin with the Lebron James era as he’s the first major athlete to suggest it’s just a game. If you go back and look to the 50’s through 2,000’s players, many or most of them carried an attitude and belief that it’s more than just a game. These modern ideas of “f it” nothing matters is so tiresome and I don’t think we want a world where nobody cares because eventually sports will just dry up. Kobe Bryant did not think it was just a game and held belief of the importance and significance. He played injured for the people who saved up to watch from the nose bleeds. To him it was way more than just a game. Bob Gibson said baseball was more than a game and held anger during his older years at the things he wished he had done. Mickey Mantle thought the game was inspired by God. It wasn’t until Lebron James came into the picture that all sense of importance or loyalty went out of the window.

Watch Iman Shumperts ideas about how much of this began with Lebron and it’s easy to see how even modern players do not like this mindset he’s created. And as a fan I cannot for the life of me understand why any of us would actually want to sign off on his ideas about what athletes and sports should be.

If you think Kentucky basketball is just a game then you’ve missed the entire point. Having said this rant, Ulis doesn’t apply because he’s coaching and must do what he must do.

Ulis was on KSR today. He said he’s finishing up school at Kentucky then heading to Arkansas in the fall when he graduates

I hope Arkansas loses every game. **** their fans, **** their coaches, and **** anyone on their coaching staff until they leave that university. Cal is gonna be licking his chops to beat us every single time we play, just to show all of us basketball Benny's that he really was the chosen one. Does anyone really believe Cal gives a shit about any of our fans? Does anyone really believe that?
After what we have seen from Cal for the past 8 years, why are you spending a second worried about what Cal will try to do when facing UK?

Reactions: Zissou87
We are spending so much time and energy trashing Arkansas. I think we need to remember our primary purpose is the trashing and bashing of Louisville.
I disagree. I will dislike anything that Cal is associated with more than little brother. The way Cal treated fans, Kentucky players, and winning vs prepping players for the NBA will forever make him my most disliked anything associated with college sports.

Ulis was on KSR today. He said he’s finishing up school at Kentucky then heading to Arkansas in the fall when he graduates
Ulis should go to Arkansas to finish up his college degree. I don't see much difference between what RP did and what Ulis is doing. Ulis has decided to follow Cal so I am through with him.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
What is Ulis supposed to do-- not eat until a position becomes available?
He is trying to work his way up the coaching ladder and I wish him the very best. Maybe one day he will come back to UK. I don't think he has to prove his loyalty to the UK program. He has done that already.
I bet you didn't feel that way about RP. RP did more for UK than Ulis.

Why are you pleased that Ulis is coaching the Kentucky TBT team? If he wants to be part of Arkansas, he shouldn't be associated with anything Kentucky.
Obviously Ulis still loves UK that he wants to coach a TBT team full of former Wildcats. All the players and Ulis on this team love UK despite being coached by Cal. Ulis will always be a beloved Kentucky Wildcat.

Obviously Ulis still loves UK that he wants to coach a TBT team full of former Wildcats. All the players and Ulis on this team love UK despite being coached by Cal. Ulis will always be a beloved Kentucky Wildcat.
You are entitled to your opinion. The players and former players who followed Cal like Cal more than UK.

You are entitled to your opinion. The players and former players who followed Cal like Cal more than UK.
Doesn't look like it here. I thought when Cal left that they cancel this team. Looks like they are playing because they're proud to be former Kentucky players not Cal's guys. I love all the players. Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat (Except Shadeon Sharpe haha)

Doesn't look like it here. I thought when Cal left that they cancel this team. Looks like they are playing because they're proud to be former Kentucky players not Cal's guys. I love all the players. Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat (Except Shadeon Sharpe haha)
They went to UK so they can't go to Arkansas pretending like they played a year there.

UK Grad 1976. Both parents UK grads 1940. Both grandparents UK grads 1919 1921. Do you even know that Kentucky is south of Ohio and north of Tennessee
😁

I promise you, I’m more Kentuckian than 99% of Kentuckians. 😆 An odd comment, indeed. 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT