ADVERTISEMENT

Ulis returning?

And for 2 years of recruiting at UK he didn’t help being plugged in or not. And being friends with other players doesn’t help either, this isn’t elementary school. And clearly Pope doesn’t think he has a magic wand either with his “massive connections” because he clearly isn’t the targeted coach nor did he try to move hell to keep him.
Ulis wasn't even allowed to recruit, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the obsolete point that he "didn't get anyone to come to UK." Based on the rules, he's not allowed to.

Also, every coach has to get his start somewhere. Antigua, Hart, Brooks III, etc. - even Cal and Pitino.

Ulis is lightyears ahead of all of those guys when it comes to NBA connections and AU connections at the same stage/age of their careers (with the exception being Hart).

We already have a loaded staff with Pope, Brooks, Hart, Cody, and Fox. Why not sprinkle in a genius-level basketball guru who is young (he's only 28 years old), connected, and who also loves Kentucky.

The only guys who I could think of that might be better fits would be Wall or Rondo. All three of these guys love our program, are well connected, and would offer tremendous "lived-in" experiences to recruits.

If you don't like the idea, I can respect that, but Ulis would be a homerun hire just based on his knowledge alone. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he can plug potential recruits into guys like Murray and Booker for a quick "here's why you come to Kentucky" plug.

Ulis wasn't even allowed to recruit, so I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the obsolete point that he "didn't get anyone to come to UK." Based on the rules, he's not allowed to.

Also, every coach has to get his start somewhere. Antigua, Hart, Brooks III, etc. - even Cal and Pitino.

Ulis is lightyears ahead of all of those guys when it comes to NBA connections and AU connections at the same stage/age of their careers (with the exception being Hart).

We already have a loaded staff with Pope, Brooks, Hart, Cody, and Fox. Why not sprinkle in a genius-level basketball guru who is young (he's only 28 years old), connected, and who also loves Kentucky.

The only guys who I could think of that might be better fits would be Wall or Rondo. All three of these guys love our program, are well connected, and would offer tremendous "lived-in" experiences to recruits.

If you don't like the idea, I can respect that, but Ulis would be a homerun hire just based on his knowledge alone. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he can plug potential recruits into guys like Murray and Booker for a quick "here's why you come to Kentucky" plug.
Sorry man but I have to disagree here with one thing. I would have no respect for anyone’s opinion who wouldn’t want Ulis here! I think he would do an unbelievable job with these players! He has been there and knows how to become your absolute best, he would stay in the gym with these guys and help them as much as anyone we could name who’s actually available to be hired. lol. You’re spot on about this no matter if anyone agrees or not. This isn’t an opinion, it’s a fact that he’d be a great addition to the staff. He may go with Cal and that’s fine but it doesn’t change the fact. lol. Now of course he’s not ready to be the number two man yet but for what he’d be hired to do it’s the perfect fit.

Also, you’re right about him not being able to recruit and that wasn’t his job. I’d guarantee he’d be great though and is going to be fantastic in the future. He’s 100% a star in the making if he continues coaching and I do believe he’s going to. I honestly want him to get some experience and become the next coach here in ten years or so. Thanks.

There are a ton of guys out there with more coaching experience and recruiting acumen than Tyler Ullis.
Of course but we’re not hiring someone to recruit or coach the players! We have already hired those guys. We now are looking for the young guy who’s going to stay in the gym with these players and help them get shots and whatever else they want to do to get better. No one would say he would fill in for Hart or Brooks. lol. Those guys are here to do the recruiting and the big things. There’s a lot of hours in the day to cover 13 guys and Ulis would be great with these guards and team. It’s a no brainer for what Pope and the staff would want him to do here. He’s going to move up but everyone has to pay the dues first. I’ll say again, for what he would be brought in to do, he’s about as perfect as you could dream up.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Ok so you’re moving the goal post already. First it was he had massive connections now you twist it to I lack a vision of establishing connections.

Who said I was assuming anything negative. All
I did was call out your bs that said Tyler has Massive connections and friends which will help recruiting, which you have yet to prove has done anything on the recruiting triail. As far as former players, several have posted things about Cal and UK since Cal left such as Cousins. Not my fault you don’t read what they say.

Again you skip questions such as, can you name 1 single recruit Tyler has helped UK get since leaving with his friends and massive connections? Just 1 will do where there is proof Tyler and his massive connections paid off. If they are that massive I’m sure you have a list of recruits Tyler has reeled in so far right?
Are you serious dude? Tyler was a G A last year. He’s not allowed to recruit?.. In fact not even all of the Assistant Coaches are allowed to recruit and have contact. WTF? Get real.

Of course but we’re not hiring someone to recruit or coach the players! We have already hired those guys. We now are looking for the young guy who’s going to stay in the gym with these players and help them get shots and whatever else they want to do to get better. No one would say he would fill in for Hart or Brooks. lol. Those guys are here to do the recruiting and the big things. There’s a lot of hours in the day to cover 13 guys and Ulis would be great with these guards and team. It’s a no brainer for what Pope and the staff would want him to do here. He’s going to move up but everyone has to pay the dues first. I’ll say again, for what he would be brought in to do, he’s about as perfect as you could dream up.
I see your point but as far as I am concerned I don't want ANYBODY from last years staff here.Time to move on.

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Are you serious dude? Tyler was a G A last year. He’s not allowed to recruit?.. In fact not even all of the Assistant Coaches are allowed to recruit and have contact. WTF? Get real.
Are you serious? I’m not the one saying he is a massive plug in Chicago. Whether he officially recruits or not there plenty of channels and ways and back channels unless your oblivious to that. No one tampers or pays players before NIL or has bbqs. But you think I need to get real huh? I guess everyone toes the line, goes to classes, and follows every rule in your world. You need a reality check. Also, not a single recruits has mentioned being close to TU either. Go cry somewhere else. Oh Yeah “wtf get real” chump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT