ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Gabriel says ..

This explains a lot. Like I said in another thread, the entire Arkansas thing was meant to be a patented Calipari ploy, which has now exploded in his ass. Good for him. Hope he ends up unemployed for a bit. Doubt even that would put a dent in his ego, given how obsessed he is with himself.

…He understands that Calipari actually approached the UK administration with a ‘here’s what it’s going to take to keep me ‘ offer after hearing from Arkansas..

If true, what more could he have wanted? He has/had a lifetime contract. This is an ultimate WTH moment if true.

''Calipari with that meeting with Mitch, had no leverage, Mitch had the leverage. But now when you have another team in your corner wanting your services. You have leverage. Calipari from what I was told. Said heres what its gonna take to keep me. And UK said I dont think so. And so as I understand it, Cal left''.
Its good to see it confirmed that as I said..."Calipari with that meeting with Mitch, had no leverage, Mitch had the leverage." I was mocked for saying this by a few of our less intelligent posters who hate MB more than they can read a room.

On the shocking side for me, confirmed by his amazingly weird dog walk, that Cal has lost his mind. He clearly does not realize how much we all loathe him.

I thought Mitch said he had not been told Cal was interviewing with Arkansas. If Cal said this is what Arkansas is offering then which of these reports are true?

If true, that's some George Costanza level of audacity from CCC

George Nap GIF - George Nap Desk GIFs

Reactions: adam512003
I thought Mitch said he had not been told Cal was interviewing with Arkansas. If Cal said this is what Arkansas is offering then which of these reports are true?
It's still unclear what those reports actually mean. The meeting Gabriel is reporting could simply be Calipari asking for a raise without actually saying anything about Arkansas

Matt Jones and others are saying that the reason for the silence from UK Athletics is to protect their legal position. They don't want to prompt Calipari to notify them about Arkansas because that could fulfill the contractual requirement to notify

One would think and hope, if all this is true, UK already had a plan in place for a situation where Cal Pie left whether on his own or by firing.
I never thought UK wound fire him; just never thought it would get to that point.

One has to believe Barnhart was at least looking ahead knowing things were going south and rather quickly with basketball.

Damn folks, the gall of this man.
2-8 in post season
Worst home losses in school history
Biggest home losses ever
Biggest drought without winning the SEC or tourney
Haven’t won a Champions Classic in how long
Sharpe fiasco

Just STFU cal pie

I challenge you to make 5 consecutive posts on t board that don’t mention KSR or Matt Jones.

Imagine being obsessed with a radio host. Lol.
Obsessed with Kentucky basketball actually. And don’t like a nerdy arrogant prick being my voice. Lots of gullible people out there.

Guessing you’re a fan who grew up through the ksr era and it’s all you know?

Its good to see it confirmed that as I said..."Calipari with that meeting with Mitch, had no leverage, Mitch had the leverage." I was mocked for saying this by a few of our less intelligent posters who hate MB more than they can read a room.

On the shocking side for me, confirmed by his amazingly weird dog walk, that Cal has lost his mind. He clearly does not realize how much we all loathe him.
... damn, I'm not sure that I "loathe" him as much as I think he's just so Sick and Twisted, I just want him the hell away from this Program. He's just not well ... mentally deranged. Someone that mentally disconnected to reality should be spending most of his time in a room with padded walls. The longer he hangs around Lexington, the worse it is for all parties.

Taking speculation and rumor as fact ... and then getting frenzied about it.

Yeah. This is a plum position.

He’d be straight up delusional if he thought he was in position to talk to other schools as a means of leveraging more out of us when the steep buyout was probably all that saved his job to begin with. Shows how out of touch he’s become if this is true.
Gabriel is such a doofus!!

Cal had ZERO leverage!!! He just did Mitch and UK a HUGE favor by allowing his ego to fail him for once since he’s been here!! Heck, EVERYBODY associated with UK wanted him GONE!!

Thanks Cal for saving UK $33 million and the opportunity to get a coach that actually cares about winning and the UK program over himself!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT