ADVERTISEMENT

Diallo tweet

In short: I told you guys this was the plan all along, thank you for being able to read and letting me take my time and go through this process for me and my family.

Thats a really open message. It's actually pretty incredible how transparent the kid has been from the start.

He's full of crap and didn't get the feedback he wanted from the league. I'm cool with it though. Just perform.

Smh. You could say that about any kid UK recruits. You think Knox or Richards would be coming here if they could have went to the combine and got a first round guarantee? Some of you guys are so self deprecating it depresses me.

Smh. You could say that about any kid UK recruits. You think Knox or Richards would be coming here if they could have went to the combine and got a first round guarantee? Some of you guys are so self deprecating it depresses me.

I don't think self deprecating is what you meant, but I'll digress.

You must confuse me with others. I'm aware that these recruits don't really give a crap about Kentucky and use it as a vehicle to get to the next level. I also don't really care about them anymore then they do about me.

I do genuinely root for the native Kentucky kids differently though.

Reactions: susan2361

These mouth breathers litter this board.

Should we use this thread to post some quoted messages?

Some quotable ones in here already to add to the list.

Reactions: csrupp

You must confuse me with others. I'm aware that these recruits don't really give a crap about Kentucky and use it as a vehicle to get to the next level. I also don't really care about them anymore then they do about me.

Then why make the post? Did you post that when we landed Knox..Or was it.."Well, he's too young to make the league, that's the only reason he came here, oh well, just perform.." That sounds self deprecating to me. Live it up dude. A kid who never even played just set the record for Vert at the combine and was this close to being a first round pick, and he's joining what, 7 other five stars at UK instead? God almighty, what do you want?

HD decided to come back due to not getting a first round guarantee. Not in order to win a championship. I think that is where the hatred from our fan base stems from. I don't think both are mutually exclusive, though.

I don't care either way. If Cal thinks he makes us a better team, I don't have a single issue with him. Going to be a hell of a YOUNG team.

HD decided to come back due to not getting a first round guarantee. Not in order to win a championship. I think that is where the hatred from our fan base stems from. I don't think both are mutually exclusive, though.

I don't care either way. If Cal thinks he makes us a better team, I don't have a single issue with him. Going to be a hell of a YOUNG team.

And EVERY kid we recruit would rather be in the league than spend a year at UK. They just weren't in HD's situation.

Reactions: awf and csrupp
Then why make the post? Did you post that when we landed Knox..Or was it.."Well, he's too young to make the league, that's the only reason he came here, oh well, just perform.." That sounds self deprecating to me. Live it up dude. A kid who never even played just set the record for Vert at the combine and was this close to being a first round pick, and he's joining what, 7 other five stars at UK instead? God almighty, what do you want?
I don't think I had a post concerning Knox or any other recruit. Maybe I'm different. I don't get worked up over the players and get excited when we land anyone in particular.

I do keep up with the roster, but I reserve judgement on all of them until I see them suit up and prove something.

I'm happy that we aren't saddled with a thin backcourt now.

The fact that you and our "fanbase" had any hate at all is embarassing.

Harvey Updike hated Auburn, the biggest Bama fan in the world. Saban told him to eat shit and die and we dont need fans like that.

He's full of crap and didn't get the feedback he wanted from the league. I'm cool with it though. Just perform.
[eyeroll] God forbid someone tries to fufill his dream and does what is best for him. Its not like he isnt jacked to be in blue and white as well. He is but he had to explore his options and made the wise choice as don't leave unless you are a lock for 1st round like Fox , Monk and Bam ( i know some say Bam aint but he will be a 1st rounder). Briscoe made a mistake but so be it.

I don't think I had a post concerning Knox or any other recruit. Maybe I'm different. I don't get worked up over the players and get excited when we land anyone in particular.

I do keep up with the roster, but I reserve judgement on all of them until I see them suit up and prove something.

I'm happy that we aren't saddled with a thin backcourt now.

You should get excited when we land guys like this..(or in this case keep them.) You know what happens when we don't? We get a Goodwin/Harrow/Polson backcourt and the NIT.

I bet the players are crushed that you are not a fan. :)

In short: I told you guys this was the plan all along, thank you for being able to read and letting me take my time and go through this process for me and my family.

Thats a really open message. It's actually pretty incredible how transparent the kid has been from the start.

In most cases you would think people would be more understanding given the transparency, just hasn't worked out that way for HD.

The only part of his process I disagreed with... aside from the excessively long wait... was the decision to not play 5-on-5.
To me, that indicated less an interest in being evaluated and learning how to improve and become league-ready--- and more an interest in being a high selection by whatever means.

The kid even said he was going to pay the tuition back if he stayed in the draft... That's gotta sting all those haters claiming he used UK, stole a scholarship, blah, blah, blah.

UK lost nothing in this ordeal? Cal is a GENIUS!

Reactions: Bobcat94
ADVERTISEMENT