ADVERTISEMENT

Delusional

struggler

Sophomore
Jan 23, 2013
"But here’s the great thing. We come back and get it to four or five and have our chance to win the game and that’s when I want to see who can step up and make plays. I’ve got to watch the tape and see where the breakdowns happened because we, that would have been one of the great wins of all time."

A quote from his post-game presser.

1. Chance to win?
Did anyone watching this think UK had a chance to win? Gonzaga sure didn't - delusional!
2. Watch the tape to see what happened?
So you are incapable of in game evaluations/adjustments? - You have to watch the tape to know what happened?
3. Would have been?
Now we "Act like you won" vs Mich State and "Would have/could have" vs Gonzaga? Wishful thinking over actual winning and COACHING IN THE GAME TO ACTUALLY WIN vs wish/imagine we win. Delusional again.

Punished myself again and read the transcript of his presser... brutal - get someone to write you some new lines. Same lines for over a decade.

No - I do not HATE Cal - but I do not want him as head coach. He's simply not getting the job done - not close to it. I care far more about UK Basketball (what is left of it) to not give his results an realistic evaluation.

I’ll take 2 seasons of NIT if it means a new coach.
I actively rooted for us to lose at the end of the 2007 and 2009 seasons to get rid of a coach. Problem is, won't make a difference here. Cal's contract is crazy and I don't think there's any NBA job wanting him nowadays.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
Honestly, I knew it would be a tough place to win and had it circled as one of our 4 or 5 losses on the season. I thought we would at least compete though.

Reactions: struggler
I actively rooted for us to lose at the end of the 2007 and 2009 seasons to get rid of a coach. Problem is, won't make a difference here. Cal's contract is crazy and I don't think there's any NBA job wanting him nowadays.
Say no one wanting him nowadays Mitch sure stuck it to us fans

Anyone who roots for his team to lose is not a fan.

I’ll take 2 seasons of NIT if it means a new coach.
“Funny” thing is Cal has given us a season of NIT and a non invitation to any tournament/worst season in school history season. So your statement is already fulfilled except the new coach part

Blows my mind people really let Covid be an excuse for that season as if every other program didn’t have the same circumstances…and we didn’t even have major players missing key games due to it

lol yeah, okay. Billy G going to the NIT led to a handful of Final Fours and a national championship so yeah, I'm good with that instead of allowing mediocrity to continue.
I totally understand wanting a coaching change, but do not understand wanting the team to lose to get it.
That is my only point. I just cannot relate to wanting the Cats to lose a game.

Reactions: KFuqua
Anyone who roots for his team to lose is not a fan.
Major pet peeve of mine .. Sorry Megablue you dont get to decide who is a fan and who is not .. People are so fed up it's worse than a fan actually rooting for us to lose , we dont care !! We dont have enough passion left to root for any outcome , we simply dont Care .. and that is a lethal blow . The passion of the bluegrass is gone . He cant get it back .. he has to go for us to turn this around .

Personally, I never felt like we had a chance to win. That's probably the worst thing for me, very few times in my life have I thought we didn’t have a chance. Makes me sick!
That game was over the first 5 minutes of the first half. I said it in the game thread. We will fight to make it look ok and then implode and that’s what happened.

I'll say it and take whatever comes with .. I dont really care about this upcoming game against Bi-directional State U , whoever it is , they beat us , Doesnt bother me much anymore . I wont actively root for them , but I'm just in the " whatever" mind set . If losing to whoever it is next forces Cal to leave at the end of the year , then its OK with me .

Reactions: Fox2monk
That game was over the first 5 minutes of the first half. I said it in the game thread. We will fight to make it look ok and then implode and that’s what happened.
I still love Kentucky Basketball, but I’m starting to lose faith, belief and confidence even against mediocre opponents. That’s a horrible feeling for me and as the head coach Cal is responsible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT