ADVERTISEMENT

De Sousa being held out at KU

This is a very real possibility. I've stated as much before. I just don't think it will happen.

No you’re a fan and HOPE it doesn’t happen.

Cornercuck, you are so brainwashed you keep making a fool of yourself. Stop rejecting facts, your confirmation bias is alarming. Kansas is THUGu, clean up your program and demand Self be held accountable. Or send your daughter or sister into the lions den and let’s see how she turns out when your bloods set her in their sights.

And I’m being serious. Send her to a Party with Kansas basketball players, let’s see how you feel sitting at home at 2 in the morning while she’s being assaulted by your thugs.

Cornercuck, you are so brainwashed you keep making a fool of yourself. Stop rejecting facts, your confirmation bias is alarming. Kansas is THUGu, clean up your program and demand Self be held accountable. Or send your daughter or sister into the lions den and let’s see how she turns out when your bloods set her in their sights.

And I’m being serious. Send her to a Party with Kansas basketball players, let’s see how you feel sitting at home at 2 in the morning while she’s being assaulted by your thugs.

giphy.gif

Brutal

Right, but Memphis was warned. NCAA cleared De Sousa and was duped just like KU. I also don't know how they could have vacated Memphis's wins, since the investigation was dropped after Rose graduated and would not cooperate with the NCAA.
And KU has been put on notice that his eligibility is in question again. As with Rose, UL players, Reggie Bush and so forth, the NCAA can rule you eligible initially and then later override that and rule the player ineligible. That doesn't protect the timeframe you were initially ruled eligible by them. If the NCAA finds that DeSousa was paid the money, KU's will be forced to vacate the games he appeared in.

Because they found enough evidence that they believed made him ineligible. What part of that are you exactly having trouble understanding. Maybe we can see about breaking it down into smaller words for you.

This is a very real possibility. I've stated as much before. I just don't think it will happen.
Maybe you should read this ESPN article.
Kansas and Self are in deep trouble.
Self is the one who is 55, the one making $5 million a year, and the one who is supposed to know and follow every one of the NCAA’s rules. Why does he get to keep coaching while his player has to sit?

If you followed the Adidas trial, and you don’t think Kansas violated any rules, let me pause here so you can show me your Rock Chalk tattoo. Some highlights:

• Adidas consultant T.J. Gassnola apparently paid De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, $20,000 for De Sousa to attend Kansas.

• Gassnola texted former Adidas employee Merl Code: “I have been going around dropping bags to that idiot Fenny in order to get Kansas to re-sign with Adidas.”

• Gassnola also wrote a note, summing up one trip to Lawrence: “Met with Coach [Bill] Self and his staff … talked recruiting targets and the upcoming season. Assured them we are here to help.”

• The attorney for Adidas executive James Gatto, Michael Schachter, told the jury that Gatto approved the $20,000 payment because “Kansas’s head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to Silvio De Sousa’s handler.”

And from that, Silvio De Sousa gets suspended?

The NCAA did not suspend De Sousa, of course. But Kansas knows as well as anybody how this works. The school seems to go through some version of this game every year. Players get held out of competition as a laughable show of “good faith” that the school is serious about following the rules. Kansas is sacrificing a pawn (De Sousa) to save its king (Self), because that’s what the NCAA implicitly encourages schools to do.

Marvin Bagley.

What happened with Bagley was dirty af. But actually within the rules believe it or not.

The NCAA is crooked. I wouldn’t be surprised if someday we find out they even helped orchestrate some of this stuff. Money is all that matters to them. But they need to maintain the illusion of amateurism to maximize their gains.

Reactions: Aike
This almost as good as watching UofL crumble, burn, roll in shit trying to put out the fire, and then repeatedly slap themselves with a wet noodle. Almost.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
What happened with Bagley was dirty af. But actually within the rules believe it or not.

The NCAA is crooked. I wouldn’t be surprised if someday we find out they even helped orchestrate some of this stuff. Money is all that matters to them. But they need to maintain the illusion of amateurism to maximize their gains.
The NCAA dam sure looked the other way multiple times when the rat faced
Bastard and Dook was involved and you will never convince me otherwise wise !

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Well a player we (KU) got investigated for went to duke. Duke did an internal investigation and found no wrong doings (shocker)

That’s one of the craziest things to me. How the heck was Zion never ruled ineligible or to have taken impermissible benefits is all of this.

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Not a bad call for five years ago. This was in response to our pal Noone'sBaby who consistently said Kansas would NEVER forfeit wins or a banner...
I know I've been hard on you in the past, but you called this one, sir.

Well done. We may not always agree, but we both love UK and I think that we can agree that this is a beautiful day for our program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT