ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton 88 St Johns 81 final

That makes piteener 2-3 in his last 5 games.

His whole career at St John’s he has won 40% of his games. 😆

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Personal baggage aside, Pitino has definitely had a great coaching career that’s worthy of his Hall of Fame spot. I almost feel like his legend has become a bit exaggerated in recent years though, particularly in regards to his ability to X&O his way to wins against far superior competition. His results at Iona (made two out of three tournaments while he was there, didn’t win any tournament games), weren’t really that different from his predecessor Tim Cluess who made four tournaments in a row before retiring. If he does anything at St. John’s it’ll be after a few years of recruiting.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Already making them worse. It's not like St John's was great, but they weren't bad either. 18-15 last year. Beat UConn and Providence. If he was the genius everyone thought, he'd have them a threat for the tournament. But not even close this year. Maybe 15 years ago, but the dude has lost his fastball.

I figured the Running Pitinos would be way better than they are. I’ve watched 2 of their games and they aren’t very good yet. I know sometimes, specially at UofL Rick’s teams took a lot of time to get really solid. Maybe by the end of January or so they will look like people expected them to be.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Personal baggage aside, Pitino has definitely had a great coaching career that’s worthy of his Hall of Fame spot. I almost feel like his legend has become a bit exaggerated in recent years though, particularly in regards to his ability to X&O his way to wins against far superior competition. His results at Iona (made two out of three tournaments while he was there, didn’t win any tournament games), weren’t really that different from his predecessor Tim Cluess who made four tournaments in a row before retiring. If he does anything at St. John’s it’ll be after a few years of recruiting.
It’s all about talent, Pitino has the ability to take undermanned squads like 1992, and make them competitive and even beat teams they shouldn’t. Without talent though he’s not a miracle worker. When he gets players there for a couple years who know his style, or recruits better players their results will improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT