ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick opening to show

Dan Patrick is merely addressing an inept athletic department led by an inept athletic director.

Framing his question from such a basis of reality, it makes sense why he would have no faith in Mitch doing anything clever. Why? Because Mitch is incapable of innovation. UK admin are the epitome of myopic in their thinking.

In the larger world, there's plenty of people who could get Kentucky out of this jam. Mitch just doesn't happen to be one of them.

Quite the contrast from the rant he had the other day. Seems like the media narrative might be shifting back to us “cRaZy fAnS” who, I don’t know, actually want to win college basketball games. Good grief. Here we go guys, you ready to be the bad guys again?

Quite the contrast from the rant he had the other day. Seems like the media narrative might be shifting back to us “cRaZy fAnS” who, I don’t know, actually want to win college basketball games. Good grief. Here we go guys, you ready to be the bad guys again?
As long as UK gets back to their winning ways, everyone else can kiss my lily white behind.

He did do some amazing things at UK, but the time between those things is growing and growing.

I feel like we are stuck with Cal next year, but maybe something will be worked out behind the scenes and he goes into next year announcing it’s his last. Try and bring back Reed and some others, hit the portal hard and go from there. I wouldn’t have any faith that he gets it done, but there’d at least be light at the end of the tunnel and they can really work on picking the next coach.

Live look at Ol' Barney locked in his lair, finalizing his plan:

giphy.gif

Unless we hire one of the guys no one thinks will actually take the job, it’s going to look weird/bad immediately after the fact. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it however.

Paying money to fire Cal to hire someone of the notoriety of Scott Drew(or someone of similar level) would look insane to people not in it like we are here as fans.

Dan never had a rant and in fact he never rants about anything. That was Colin CowTerd.

Unless we hire one of the guys no one thinks will actually take the job, it’s going to look weird/bad immediately after the fact. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it however.

Paying money to fire Cal to hire someone of the notoriety of Scott Drew(or someone of similar level) would look insane to people not in it like we are here as fans.

Paying 33 million to be able to hire Scott Drew would be one of the dumbest moves in sports history.

"wHo aRe YoU gOiNg tO GeT tHaT's BeTtEr?"

Yeah, let's gloss over this guy's rosters and his inability to not only make a Final Four but even make it out of the first weekend of the tournament for five years.

Sure, we just had Final Fours where Miami, San Diego State, FAU, UConn, Baylor, Gonzaga, Houston all made the Final Four while not having anywhere close to the recruiting classes Cal has brought in or the resources of UK but yeah, only Cal could possibly succeed because of what he did 10-15 years ago.

A guy bested by the likes of St. Peters and Oakland while being paid $9M a year. Sure, keep doing the same thing. That will surely produce results.

Imagine running a company like this and thinking the CEO didn't need to be changed with the lack of ROI.

"wHo aRe YoU gOiNg tO GeT tHaT's BeTtEr?"

Yeah, let's gloss over this guy's rosters and his inability to not only make a Final Four but even make it out of the first weekend of the tournament for five years.

Sure, we just had Final Fours where Miami, San Diego State, FAU, UConn, Baylor, Gonzaga, Houston all made the Final Four while not having anywhere close to the recruiting classes Cal has brought in or the resources of UK but yeah, only Cal could possibly succeed because of what he did 10-15 years ago.

Nah, Dan said we need a plan but I should have known it would be twisted to this. Shame on having a plan for a multi-million hire, smh.

Reactions: Emarc

To me it just comes down to the fact this fanbase would be absolutely miserable next year, cal would be under more pressure than any head coach I can remember. The players would be under more pressure than they should be. That cannot and wouldn’t lead to a good plying environment. I keep seeing people say oh vintage cal will return, or cal deserves a chance to right the wrong. Vintage cal died after the unc loss in 2017, he has been given numerous chances to fix everything and has failed everytime. He doesn’t need anymore chances

I guess this is the one I was talking about. Not necessarily a rant, but a segment.

Cool. I heard that. I think Dan just thinks we need to do it right. I don't see how anyone could argue with that unless they hate the kneeling ( I did) and just want any warm body in there as fast as possible because they can't seperate politics from sports.

Reactions: sdryan2
Nah, Dan said we need a plan but I should have known it would be twisted to this. Shame on having a plan for a multi-million hire, smh.
Who wouldn't have a plan? These are multi-million dollar deals where people's jobs depend on it. Mitch isn't clueless. He isn't going to go into anything blindly. What always happens with these things is backdoor channels are used to gauge interest, look at buyouts of other coaches, etc.

No doubt Mitch probably has three or four guys on his radar if he pulls the trigger and has feelers out there.

Reactions: TM2013
Amazing anyone thinks we should be afraid of life without Cal. He is a total failure at this point. WORST case scenario is we find someone just as unsuccessful. Things can only improve…

He did do some amazing things at UK, but the time between those things is growing and growing.

I feel like we are stuck with Cal next year, but maybe something will be worked out behind the scenes and he goes into next year announcing it’s his last. Try and bring back Reed and some others, hit the portal hard and go from there. I wouldn’t have any faith that he gets it done, but there’d at least be light at the end of the tunnel and they can really work on picking the next coach.
I wonder if they aren't going to set up a farewell tour type thing. On the surface, it may sound ridiculous, but they could easily pull it off given Cal's entire legacy and revitalizing Kentucky basketball. But, most importantly, and the main reason, it would allow both sides to save face and make it appear they are parting amicably. UK doesn't look like their are firing a HOFer, and Cal doesn't look like he's being fired for underachieving. It's a win win for everyone, except the fans stomaching being stuck with a lame duck coach for a season. Plus, it also saves money. It also gives Kentucky a full year for a coching search. This scenario is a win all the way around.

• Sad
Reactions: KFuqua and WeWant9
Amazing anyone thinks we should be afraid of life without Cal. He is a total failure at this point. WORST case scenario is we find someone just as unsuccessful. Things can only improve…
This is what boggles my mind. What are you afraid of losing? Freshmen recruits that can't help you get out of the first weekend of the tourney?

All of this guy's goodwill has run out. There's nothing else to lose.

I wonder if they aren't going to set up a farewell tour type thing. On the surface, it may sound ridiculous, but they could easily pull it off given Cal's entire legacy and revitalizing Kentucky basketball. But, most importantly, and the main reason, it would allow both sides to save face and make it appear they are parting amicably. UK doesn't look like their are firing a HOFer, and Cal doesn't look like he's being fired for underachieving. It's a win win for everyone, except the fans stomaching being stuck with a lame duck coach for a season. Plus, it also saves money. It also gives Kentucky a full year for a coching search. This scenario is a win all the way around.
How can a program recruit doing a farewell tour though?

Reactions: BlueTick2
A 19-14 NIT farewell tour will be glorious lol

Dan Patrick is merely addressing an inept athletic department led by an inept athletic director.

Framing his question from such a basis of reality, it makes sense why he would have no faith in Mitch doing anything clever. Why? Because Mitch is incapable of innovation. UK admin are the epitome of myopic in their thinking.

In the larger world, there's plenty of people who could get Kentucky out of this jam. Mitch just doesn't happen to be one of them.
So with all the gloom , we are doomed?
If all this is true, why are we even discussing this?
It appears according to the narrative ,that the whole heiracy must be razed.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The list:

Dan Hurley
Frank Vogel
Nick Nurse
Jodi Fernandez
JB Bickerstaff
Jay Wright
Billy Donovan
Alright, I already know this is going to cause you to implode, and also accuse me of being contradictory, but...

Why would Hurley want to leave a school with 5 NC in the last 25 years, well on their way to a 6th? They are literally the most consistent program this century. They are basically the basketball powerhouse of college atheltics across both men's and women's.

I know there is an argument about money, but Uconn will simply outbid us.

Billy D and Wright you obviously ask, but neither have really dealt with the NIL and transfer portal we have today. I also don't get the impression either want to.

The other guys are all NBA dudes with no college coaching experience, no recruiting experience and are mostly all at good NBA jobs.

Not to mention, NBA coaches rarely do well coming to college and vice versa. Larry Brown is about the only one who had success at both.

Reactions: HeismaNole
Alright, I already know this is going to cause you to implode, and also accuse me of being contradictory, but...

Why would Hurley want to leave a school with 5 NC in the last 25 years, well on their way to a 6th? They are literally the most consistent program this century. They are basically the basketball powerhouse of college atheltics across both men's and women's.

I know there is an argument about money, but Uconn will simply outbid us.

Billy D and Wright you obviously ask, but neither have really dealt with the NIL and transfer portal we have today. I also don't get the impression either want to.

The other guys are all NBA dudes with no college coaching experience, no recruiting experience and are mostly all at good NBA jobs.

Not to mention, NBA coaches rarely do well coming to college and vice versa. Larry Brown is about the only one who had success at both.
Nah, it doesn't cause me to explode at all. This is merely your most recent burner account, and since you're a UNC fan who's sole purpose is to come on here and create accounts to troll UK fans, I don't really have any emotion towards your predictable and silly response.

It's what you've always done, and always will do, Leadbelly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT