• Nate Oats

Votes: 56 62.9%
  • Dan Hurley

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters

TOMCATS1990

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2019
Gun to your head and you have to pick one to lead the KY Basketball program the next 10 years who you going to take?

Last edited:
UConn might be the most complete team in the NCAA and has won all 11 games by double digits. Hurley is on the verge of breaking some Big East records and does come from College Basketball royalty. Oats has taken an average Bama squad at a Football school brought in 5 star talent beaten 2 #1 ranked teams and seems like a guy who would could excel at KY.

OATs all day but Hurley is a legit coach IMO. UCONN finally got a guy who can actually keep that program going. No doubt in my mind either one would do better than Cal here. Give them our recurring and watch.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’d take either over CAL at this point I’m just going to watch the season play out and see how both Coaches perform. Oats Coaching his team from 16 down at #1 Houston was impressive and that crowd was rowdy. Hurley has done an outstanding job at UConn so far

Last edited:
I sure as hell don’t either.

I’d take both over Calipari right now. I don’t want either, but at this point Calipari is too far behind in this game and isn’t helping this program at all. 1-11 against top 25 over that span. Complete garbage results.

So no to both but both would be worth having over Calipari at this point. Hard to believe but the results are what they are.

You are way too high on Oats man.

He is not the answer. He is a gimmick.
We said the same thing about Cal, you know this is true.

But also, how can you say Oats is fools gold? He's made it further in the NCAAT than Cal each year he has been at Alabama.

Not only that, but I don't know if you have watched Bama much this year or not, but it’s not all-or-nothing like it was a couple years ago, they actually take mid range shots, not just threes and dunks.

Too many Cal fans are trying to compare 09-15 Cal to any and all possible replacements, but we will never see that Calipari again, that Cal is long gone, compare his stats from 2016 to now. It’s disgusting. There aren't many coaches in power 5 conferences that aren't better.

Keep in mind, Cal is failing while he's the coach of UK… .KENTUCKY, not Alabama, not Baylor, not UConn, Cal has a major advantage being he's at UK, but he sucks and worse yet, he doesn't GAF.

Yeah, 8 years after he took the UMass job.
Same thing at Memphis, it took him 8 years to get to the FF. Note, both have been vacated.
Nate has been at Alabama for 3 full seasons now.

Alabama is in the SEC.

You cannot seriously compare Memphis and UMass to Alabama?

And we are also playing the game where his FF don't count?

That is fine if you want to but you know it is total BS...

Alabama is in the SEC.

You cannot seriously compare Memphis and UMass to Alabama?

And we are also playing the game where his FF don't count?

That is fine if you want to but you know it is total BS...
Yeah, Alabama is in the SEC, which is a power 5 conference that has a lot more size, athleticism, talent and depth, so in my opinion, it's a lot harder for Oats to win than it was for Cal at UMass. I mean, who did Cal have to compete against at UMass? Saint Joe? Who else? It's a lot harder to win in the SEC now than it was for Cal in the A10 in the 80's and 90's.

And you're the one that started the comparison, all I'm saying is Oats is in year 4, it took Cal 8 years to do anything worth a damn at UMass and another 8 years to do it at Memphis. Oats has a damn good squad at Alabama this year, what will you say if he gets to a FF this year?

It looks to me like his system is working. Again, he’s fared better in the NCAAT than Cal has in all three years he's been at Alabama.

Have to:
Donovan
Stevens

Reality:
Lloyd
Vogel
Beard
Why would you want Donovan? Why would Donovan or Stevens leave the NBA?

What has Lloyd done? Isn't that the guy at Arizona? You shit on Oats, but you're good with Lloyd?

I agree on Beard, but he has faults too, he just got bounced by Illinois, who just got hammered at home by Penn State. He has a FF, but he's fallen short of expectations every time since then.

I want to see Lloyd do something special at least once before I consider him. Seems he does well in the regular season, but turns into Sean Miller 2.0 in thd tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT