ADVERTISEMENT

Dakitch puts Cal on blast

The irony of him saying that when he should be giving commentary on a game instead of “look at me, I’m going to say something to get attention”.

he is good with the basketball aspect but I think he has some mental health issues and maybe a little bit of penis envy

Dakich is a good color commentator I will give home that, but anything outside of that realm is meant for only one purpose—to get attention.

I quit paying attention to the silly hyperbolic crap he said on his radio show and elsewhere long ago. Honestly, if it wasn’t for other people giving him the attention he wants I wouldn’t ever hear about this crap. It’s unusual for him to talk smack during a broadcast tho so I suppose this one was destined to get exposure.

Still Don’t give a rats ass.

Then he goes on to say you know who schedules tough teams and doesn't mention it, Mark Few. Well yeah! He's in the worse conference of any top team and if he didn't schedule big games out of conference they would go 5 months without playing a soul instead of just 4 like now. Plus 2 polar opposite personalities. Cal likes to talk and ham it up, so F-ing what IU idiot!

Sadly, he's right. The best part about Big Blue Madness this year was NO State of Kentucky Basketball speech by Cal. He's a GREAT coach but has an ego as big as Mount Everest.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I though.t Cals rant was childish. the complaint by fans is we dont get the good games in Rupp. Glad someone called him out.

Reactions: 23jumpboy
Dakich in years past has heaped praises on top of praises on top of praises on Calipari. He loves Cal as a coach. But apparently he didn’t like some of the stuff Cal has to say recently and he said so.

Dakich is a loudmouth and often takes things too far, but one thing that dude is not is a jock sniffer or afraid to speak his mind, even about people he likes.

Dakich in years past has heaped praises on top of praises on top of praises on Calipari. He loves Cal as a coach. But apparently he didn’t like some of the stuff Cal has to say recently and he said so.

Dakich is a loudmouth and often takes things too far, but one thing that dude is not is a jock sniffer or afraid to speak his mind, even about people he likes.
Lot of truth here.....One thing about him---he will tell it how it is. Hes often on point. But sometimes----Not so much.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What is funny about this is that his comment is about the scheduling too hard, but Dakitch says it doesn’t always have to be about the coach. What the hell? When does Cal ever make it about him. IMO, Cal does a great job like a good leader always giving the players credit when they succeed but always putting the blame on himself when they fail.

Mark Few is a great coach. What he has done at a school like is Gonzaga is amazing. However, his teams usually peak early. If banners were won in November through February he would probably reach Rupp status (especially given the conference). The guy has one Final Four appearance in his 20 years of coaching, whereas Calipari on the other hand...

But let's bash the HOF coach with an NCAA championship and multiple Final Fours in a Power 5.

You stay you, Dakich.

Mark Few is a great coach. What he has done at a school like is Gonzaga is amazing. However, his teams usually peak early. If banners were won in November through February he would probably reach Rupp status (especially given the conference). The guy has one Final Four appearance in his 20 years of coaching, whereas Calipari on the other hand...

But let's bash the HOF coach with an NCAA championship and multiple Final Fours in a Power 5.

You stay you, Dakich.
Define “early”? He has reached 3 Elite eights and 9 Sweet 16s with a non power 5 team.

So he’s had 12 legitimate chances to make a final four - and has been once I believe.

I’m sort of indifferent about Few. Both sides of the “is he a great coach” debate have good points on their side.
I’m not saying his teams win the big games, but the whole peak early narrative is a bit false.

Reactions: Mojocat
Cal is without a doubt the most selfless coach in the country. If Dajuan Wagner would of told any other coach he wanted to come back they would of been thrilled but cal tore his scholly up. And look how that played out. That’s one example of many more I’m sure.

This is all about Cal saying “put the blame on me when we lose, instead of putting it on the players. I made this tough schedule.”

clearly Cal should run them over, back up and run the players over again like Knight, Pitino and K. Dakich must love that.

This one really doesn't bother me. As a UK fan I get tired of Cal talk. Love Cal, but he's got some schit with him. Like any other human. What I didn't care for was the Urban Meyer name drop. Like if you're going to get all sanctimonious don't mention a human scuzz like Meyer. A dude who isn't coaching because he's a terrible person. And that's the guy he used as a prop to point out Cal's nonsense? No.

I’m with the guy on the scheduling. many on this board, including myself, have complained about the lack of quality opponents he brings to Rupp.

making it about him? Selfish? Think about the players more? Now that was completely off base and doesn’t make a lick of sense. Since his first year here he’s made it all about the players first. So much so that more than once it has come to the detriment of the program and his personal success. It is what it is and there’s no one I’d rather have as our coach.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT