ADVERTISEMENT

Question - Is three seconds in the lane even still a call?

struggler

Sophomore
Jan 23, 2013
Not here to complain/blame refs from last night... we missed some bunnies - missed some free throws - defensive breakdowns, Shep needed a break or two, Tre was awful last night and of course were out coached.

I just noticed that teams like Florida pack the lane often on offense - and that does lead to a lot of offensive boards (which they thrive off of). If not put backs - leads to tip outs - second chance opportunities. I just fear we will see more of that from UT. Hunter Dickenson same - plus he is a constant moving screen. He sets his feet on a screen, AT FIRST, then ALWAYS shifts/slides/stretches/reaches.

Getting over what Cal puts on the floor...

Not here to complain/blame refs from last night... we missed some bunnies - missed some free throws - defensive breakdowns, Shep needed a break or two, Tre was awful last night and of course were out coached.

I just noticed that teams like Florida pack the lane often on offense - and that does lead to a lot of offensive boards (which they thrive off of). If not put backs - leads to tip outs - second chance opportunities. I just fear we will see more of that from UT. Hunter Dickenson same - plus he is a constant moving screen. He sets his feet on a screen, AT FIRST, then ALWAYS shifts/slides/stretches/reaches.

Getting over what Cal puts on the floor...
They should probably change it to five seconds and commit to actually calling the violation. Someone is in the lane for three seconds on every possession.

Reactions: struggler
I saw an article or some analysis on Purdue’s big guy because everyone complains about him camping in the lane. It was a very confusing look at how NCAA officials view 3 seconds including the differences between the NCAA men’s rule as compared to HS, NBA and even NCAA women‘s rule. I was surprised by how complex they made it as to how a player can reset the 3 second count. If I can find it again, I will link it.

Reactions: struggler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT