ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is a genius!

downthehatch

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
Up only 16 at the half - Vanderbilt definitely within reach, according to the experts on this board - and Cal has the foresight to play Edwards, Big Z and Burks through the second half. They add another 16 to the lead and all three gain valuable confidence which will pay off through April 8.

Last edited:
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Up only 16 at the half - Vanderbilt definitely within reach, according to the experts on this board - and Cal has the foresight to play Edwards, Big Z and Burks through the second half. They add another 14 to the lead and all three gain valuable confidence which will pay off through April 8.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally…

This version of the UK Wildcats playing tonight, can beat anyone on any given night!

Lordy. Let’s not do these smartassed posts.

It’s been a crappy two weeks in UK sports. Let’s just enjoy the win.
"Enjoy the win" = Don't talk about anything specific in the game, don't critique anybody about anything, just STFU and let this board be a bunch of threads entitled "YEAAAHHHH!!!"

Have you ever heard of UK fans? Asking for a friend.

How did Cal perform as a competent coach. Vandy's primary offense was to drive and then kick out for 3's. At what point did Cal adjust the defense with that recognition?

The guys came out with urgency right off the bat even though its a bad opponent....... so maybe they are learning they need to always come right out and play with that urgency all game.

Also ........ first game since the summer trip that Edwards has attacked the basket with fire....... I've joked all year that Edwards jumps high for rebounds but cant jump over a phone book trying to score at the rim. If he keeps playing that , he'll get his draft stock raising back up.

Lots of very stupid anti-Cal posts on here, more than the usual amount
I totally get people wanting to criticize cal. I have. I mean, we have lost 3 of 4 coming into this game. Cal deserves the heat.

But to criticize the fact that he had 3 timeouts in his pocket at the end of a blowout? Anyone who says that has no business commenting on basketball. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read on here all week. I know this particular poster is consumed with butthurt but jeez. What an idiot.

"Enjoy the win" = Don't talk about anything specific in the game, don't critique anybody about anything, just STFU and let this board be a bunch of threads entitled "YEAAAHHHH!!!"

Have you ever heard of UK fans? Asking for a friend.
Yes. And I still have concerns. I’m still very pissed at Cal. But for one damn night I’ll not harp on it.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally…

This version of the UK Wildcats playing tonight, can beat anyone on any given night!
I was at game and agree UK is a very tough out when we are shooting as well as we did tonight,BUT I grew up in Nashville and have seen a lot of Vandy teams over the years.This is by far the WORST VANDERBILT TEAM I have ever seen. It was a much needed impressive win but it really didn't answer many of the questions about the team we had going in. Vandy is really bad folks.

I mean we did play better last night people than we have in a minute but reel it in people Vandy was 6-15 . That’s right 6-15 they’re no juggernaut….

Vandy is terrible, but we were down 2 starters on the road in an historically tough arena to win in.

And we blew them out.

Team came out with more fire, zoned out of bounds plays, played Z and Burks extended minutes.

This is a game we saw good changes from players and the coaches.

We can blow out a terrible team and be happy about changes we saw. They aren't mutually exclusive.

On to Gonzaga and keep this up

Agree Vandy is terrible but Cal at very least perform as a competent coach tonight
he still made some dumb moves
why take out Dillingham when he couldn't miss in the 1st half
why put Z in with 2 fouls right before half time

How did Cal perform as a competent coach. Vandy's primary offense was to drive and then kick out for 3's. At what point did Cal adjust the defense with that recognition?
no adjustments were made, just as normal
giving up almost 80 points to a terrible Vandy team isn't defensive progress in my eyes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT