ADVERTISEMENT

Dakitch puts Cal on blast

Mark Few is a great coach. What he has done at a school like is Gonzaga is amazing. However, his teams usually peak early. If banners were won in November through February he would probably reach Rupp status (especially given the conference). The guy has one Final Four appearance in his 20 years of coaching, whereas Calipari on the other hand...

But let's bash the HOF coach with an NCAA championship and multiple Final Fours in a Power 5.

You stay you, Dakich.
They know Coach K is on his way out. They are looking for a new face of CBB, and this will be their choice. He will be coaching USA in the Olympics in a few years.

Sadly, he's right. The best part about Big Blue Madness this year was NO State of Kentucky Basketball speech by Cal. He's a GREAT coach but has an ego as big as Mount Everest.
I enjoy the speech even though it’s the same speech he does every year but that’s what the job entails. It’s like you have to be part politician and part ball coach. I believe it’s more for recruits and their families at madness anyway.

Obviously I care and everyone else posting in this thread, including you. You obviously care enough to post multiple times in this thread about it.

But it’s cool if you don’t care about it, to me, it’s a classless act by a guy that is supposed to be a journalist and journalists are supposed to have a code, which is "report the news, don't be the news".
They constantly criticize coaches, players, fans, even the food or mascots. Means nothing to me. I say use it as motivation if you want, but it means nothing. It’s like being mad at the weatherman because he said it was going to snow 3 inches but the temp didn’t drop enough.

Dakich is great.

Cal is a self promoting basketball coach. He didn't end up convincing a University he is worth 10 million dollars per year and a lifetime contract by not self promoting. Everything he does is self promotion. Has this board gone so far up Cal's *** that you cannot see reality? Cal is a salesman first, and much of what he says is s set up for the eventual fail that he thinks might be coming. He plays his hand perfectly.

I want to sell cars to some of you.

But I'm fine with it. I'm fine with Dakich saying that and I'll be glad when Cal has something to say about it, which he will. Part of college basketball is like wrestling - it always needs a story line.

And at some point UK fans are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Cal is not a great floor coach. He has never claimed to be, no one outside of this board believes it, and it's time some of our fans sacked up and accepted it. It makes you look stupid to deny the reality that Cal has always been average at best on the floor.

On the schedule, Cal was one of the architects that designed the end to good home and homes. He's been working on that for over 10 years back to Memphis. I'll never forgive him for that personally. And he deserves to get slammed.

Last edited:
Dakich is great.

Cal is a self promoting basketball coach. He didn't end up convincing a University he is worth 10 million dollars per year and a lifetime contract by not self promoting. Everything he does is self promotion. Has this board gone so far up Cal's *** that you cannot see reality? Cal is a salesman first, and much of what he says is s set up for the eventual fail that he thinks might be coming. He plays his hand perfectly.

I want to sell cars to some of you.

But I'm fine with it. I'm fine with Dakich saying that and I'll be glad when Cal has something to say about it, which he will. Part of college basketball is like wrestling - it always needs a story line.

And at some point UK fans are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Cal is not a great floor coach. He has never claimed to be, no one outside of this board believes it, and it's time some of our fans sacked up and accepted it. It makes you look stupid to deny the reality that Cal has always been average at best on the floor.

On the schedule, Cal was one of the architects that designed the end to good home and homes. He's been working on that for over 10 years back to Memphis. I'll never forgive him for that personally. And he deserves to get slammed.

You are bizarrely obsessed with pumping this board up as too pro-Cal. He bang your wife or something? These little off-topic melt downs are so weird

You are bizarrely obsessed with pumping this board up as too pro-Cal. He bang your wife or something? These little off-topic melt downs are so weird

Nah, I was doing a double post. Responding to the OP and another poster. I don't have any issues with a UK board being pro Cal. It's just sometimes it's a little over the top and doesn't resemble any sort of reality.

cool. Still super weird. Maybe calm down a bit on the cal schtick. You seem way more up his ass than anyone else on the board

Nah, I've never bought into Cals fan pitch. He's a Joe Hall level coach at this point, really good one to have, not what this board pumps him to be.

And Cal did butcher the traditional home and home. He was one of the leaders that destroyed that. I love College basketball. I'd rather not sit back and pretend Cal hasn't hurt the sport in that regard.

They constantly criticize coaches, players, fans, even the food or mascots. Means nothing to me. I say use it as motivation if you want, but it means nothing. It’s like being mad at the weatherman because he said it was going to snow 3 inches but the temp didn’t drop enough.
It’s like the weatherman predicting snow???? No, no it is not. That’s a terrible analogy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT