ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

What's shakin' D people?!
So do we think the Cats got it turned around or will we just be let down in a week? Somebody needs to pull their head outta their ass and right this thing. Looking at you Coach...with a glance at a few players.
Surely they can beat Vanderbilt....right? RIGHT!
Had spaghetti last night...which means I'm eating leftover spaghetti for lunch.
Going to be a rough few weeks ahead...we're getting Dad set up with hospice. Hopefully he can make it until Moms birthday this Saturday. He had a heart attack and stroke about 20 years ago, it's finally caught up with him.
Glad to see the football Cats pulled out a W...and the Hoosiers lose. Always a good day.
I'm still checkin in occasionally.
Be well
Praying for you and your father OEC!

So do we think the Cats got it turned around or will we just be let down in a week? Somebody needs to pull their head outta their ass and right this thing. Looking at you Coach...with a glance at a few players.
Going to be a rough few weeks ahead...we're getting Dad set up with hospice. Hopefully he can make it until Moms birthday this Saturday. He had a heart attack and stroke about 20 years ago, it's finally caught up with him.
Glad to see the football Cats pulled out a W...and the Hoosiers lose. Always a good day.
Be well
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Be well
Sorry to hear about your dad. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Cats should beat Vandy (purposely italicized). If not, then stay tuned for more meltdowns and denunciations by our beloved Rafters bunch.

Be well
Prayers for your father and your family.

Last edited:
Ready for new rear brakes, wheel cylinders, and drums....also picking up new driveshaft tomorrow, had to be phased. New axle seals going in as well. Got a leaker from doing burn outs....

130037970_1126307457826960_5555146555692498094_n.jpg

Here is a pic of my truck on the ground...dropped 4 inches front and rear....

130054517_410952113375842_4168490760474693315_n.jpg
Great looking truck!!!!

My daughter just brought home what her teachers are calling a class contract that she (all students had to take one home) promises not to cheat, cause disruptions, etc... It has a space for her to write her name, and then give a signature. They also want the parents to write their names, and sign plus give their personal phone numbers and emails in case there was a problem in class so they can contact us. In two of the classes they also put in the contract that a failure to get parents signature and info would result in her getting 0 points for this task to her overall grade. Well... they started it and crap is about to hit the fan. The main office already has our emergency information but I will be damned if I give my phone number and personal email to each teacher. My wife agrees.

Who do these people think they are threatening now the parents. I ain't happy.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Cats should beat Vandy (purposely italicized). If not, then stay tuned for more meltdowns and denunciations by our beloved Rafters bunch.
If they beat Vandy, that will give them some momentum to build on going forward. As for the upcoming schedule,
I think the hardest game is going to be Alabama. They just beat Tennessee and seem to always give the Cats a game.

Morning Legionnaires!

We have 34° this morning with the high going in to the low 60's. Nothing worthy to report this morning other than being a bit tired lately. New puppy wearing me out with making sure she gets outside during the night. Sleeps in a cage during the night and does not go in her sleep area. Is already going to the door during the day and whimpering to be let out when she needs to go. 8 weeks old Pyrenees mix.

Morning all. Chilly with snow flurries as I sit here....but they won't amount to much. Weather wise we're in a rut....low 30s everyday with overcast skies. Pretty much been like that for a week and forecast says that's what's coming up for a week. But I'll take it over below zero with the wind howling.

Cute dog warrior. Love dogs. Always had at least one until me and the Mrs got together. She has a number of allergies and dogs is one. But not all dogs. Most dogs she gets around and within minutes she's sneezing and stopped up/can't breathe. But her daughter got one about a year ago and he spends as much, or more time here with us than he does at home....and she's not bothered by him at all. Good dog. Think he's a miniature Australian Shepard.

Y'all have a great Tuesday eating that whipped cream....or whatever you do with it 😎

Wife and I discussed making a will last night on what to do after I die. We went to a funeral yesterday for the wife and MIL of one of her co-workers who was a military cohort of mine in Germany and Sill during our time in. I have already mentioned that the wife and MIL died days apart from COVID last week. Both had underlying problems before contracting virus. He too had it but had no real problems. Also, one of her other co-workers is on a ventilator in a diabetic coma (no COVID) after collapsing on Saturday at his home.

This made her wonder as to what I wanted to happen if I was being kept alive by medical devices and I reminded her that we had already gone over this. Pull the plug, especially if the brain is gone. She was reading about people who were organ donors that were waking up when being operated on for their organs after the plug was pulled and how doctors want to get the organs before we are completely gone. They were still anesthetized before just in case that happened. Not sure myself how that works but, that would not be fun.

"Sorry sir but, you have no kidneys left. We will give you a portable dialysis machine (if there is such a thing) and you can go home now."

Just shoot me.

Morning Legionnaires!

We have 34° this morning with the high going in to the low 60's. Nothing worthy to report this morning other than being a bit tired lately. New puppy wearing me out with making sure she gets outside during the night. Sleeps in a cage during the night and does not go in her sleep area. Is already going to the door during the day and whimpering to be let out when she needs to go. 8 weeks old Pyrenees mix.

Nice looking pup and sounds like a good start on house breaking. If a dog is roaming around sniffing inside, he's probably looking for a place to use the bathroom. I've found that to be very helpful info. When Maddie was a pup we used the following info and I could literally stick my hand in her mouth and take food out. In the dog world, the leader of the pack eats first. When feeding her, we'd take a cookie or something and lay it on top of her food. We'd make a big deal about eating "our share" before laying the bowl down so she could have "her share". BTW, from the 9th through the 12th week a dog learns a lot of things, so it's a good time to introduce the dog to new experiences.

Good morning D-League. Big day today for the Cats. A win that should be fairly straightforward can give them momentum. A loss and we can pack up the season before the end of the first week in January, which will make for a looong winter.

After staying off Rafters for awhile, I'm trolling the hysterics a bit. I certainly agree with the rational folks who are disappointed but the lunatic fringe that wants to burn down the program because a bunch of freshmen had a terrible month really annoy me. (And yes, I know most of them aren't really Kentucky fans, and it is bets to ignore the trolls and fakes.)

Need to settle in and get some work done. I hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning D, cold here in the ice Berg!

Mrs. M is off today, because she has to work Saturday, just 3 or 4 times a year for now, but I hate for her to have to travel to Ohio Co., but hopefully retirement in the near future!!!

I am glad to see the KY players returning for their extra year! I also hope that those teams that are a little bit better than us, theirs don't come back!!!!

Got to head to Madisonville here in a bit, my wife left her grandmothers watch, with lots of diamonds on it and it's really old to be worked on last year, every time she calls about they give her the runaround on it!!!! We are just hoping that it is still there!!!!! She has always trusted the jeweler who owns the business, but we'll see!!!

Prayers for you OEC and the rest of the D!!!!

Good (Late Morning) to all,

I am thankful it is raining and not snowing (Temperature is close but warm enough) here near DC. Supposed to stop raining today.

May the rest of your day be fruitful and may you enjoy good company and not suffer loneliness. God Bless you all!

Wife and I discussed making a will last night on what to do after I die. We went to a funeral yesterday for the wife and MIL of one of her co-workers who was a military cohort of mine in Germany and Sill during our time in. I have already mentioned that the wife and MIL died days apart from COVID last week. Both had underlying problems before contracting virus. He too had it but had no real problems. Also, one of her other co-workers is on a ventilator in a diabetic coma (no COVID) after collapsing on Saturday at his home.

This made her wonder as to what I wanted to happen if I was being kept alive by medical devices and I reminded her that we had already gone over this. Pull the plug, especially if the brain is gone. She was reading about people who were organ donors that were waking up when being operated on for their organs after the plug was pulled and how doctors want to get the organs before we are completely gone. They were still anesthetized before just in case that happened. Not sure myself how that works but, that would not be fun.

"Sorry sir but, you have no kidneys left. We will give you a portable dialysis machine (if there is such a thing) and you can go home now."

Just shoot me.

It's Covid for sure. My wife said she saw where some guy was shot three times in the chest. His autopsy report said he died of Covid.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

She's a cutie.

Another dog housebreaking tip. Sometimes when an owner finds where a dog has messed in the house, he will punish the dog. Unless you see the deed happening and punish immediately, it's unlikely the dog will associate the punishment with the act. Dogs don't have the reasoning power to connect the two things. He will just think if my mess is seen, I will get punished. Therefore he may think I better do this in a good hiding place. You're better off just quietly cleaning it up and watching closer next time or putting more effort into training.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT