ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F with spotty light rain. Greater rain chances coming around mid-day. We should top out at 66°F.

I'm happy for Dontaie Allen and this team really needed him to step up. His defense could use a little work. I'll take him scoring and us winning over losing. Winning cures most ills. What a bizarre season this is. Next up: Gators at the O'Connell Center, 5 PM EST.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

National-Bean-Day.jpg_xwhimu.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F with spotty light rain. Greater rain chances coming around mid-day. We should top out at 66°F.

I'm happy for Dontaie Allen and this team really needed him to step up. His defense could use a little work. I'll take him scoring and us winning over losing. Winning cures most ills. What a bizarre season this is. Next up: Gators at the O'Connell Center, 5 PM EST.

Is tomorrow National Gas Day?

Good morning D League. 2-0 for the Cats in the SEC. Some positives. Much room for improvement. That's about all I can muster for that.

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. I hope you'll indulge me a favorite photo from a long, long time ago. That baby is a college professor now at the University of Kansas, a wife and mother of a daughter with a son on the way. Proud of her.

Good morning D League. 2-0 for the Cats in the SEC. Some positives. Much room for improvement. That's about all I can muster for that.

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. I hope you'll indulge me a favorite photo from a long, long time ago. That baby is a college professor now at the University of Kansas, a wife and mother of a daughter with a son on the way. Proud of her.

Happy Birthday to her. I understand why you are proud of her.

Is that you Eddie Rabbit!!

Good morning D, Cold 24 here this morning! May go trout fishing later on today, Fish and Game stocked the lake yesterday, temps will have to get better for me to go!!

Sad day for the USA, sad part is, a lot of them don't even know it yet!!!!

Good win for the CATS, like Allen's game!!!!

Odd story from yesterday, went and got Mrs. M watch, by the way, I ask her how many carats she thought the watch has on it, she said at least 2 carats, it doesn't work, but at least it has the right time twice a day! Back to what happened, we went to Denny's to eat, brought our water out, then started to order, waitress told S, oh we are out of that; then i tried to order, again she told us they were out of chicken, hamburger meat, chicken strips and more stuff and they were not getting a truck till 4, so I just said to her let's go somewhere else. So we end up at the Saltine Barrell, waiting to get seated and I look at a table and there set a guy I was in the NG with 46 years ago, first time I had seen him since he was discharged!! Hit it off immediately again!!! Talked a bit about who was still around and he was still same ole guy. Funny part was he told Mrs. M it was good to see her take her dad out to lunch!!!! She ask me how in the world that I could remember someone that I hadn't seen in 46 and don't remember what I did yesterday. I told her I think it's the MILITARY bond thing, that's all I could think of, anyway sorry for the long story. Just strange how it worked out because I was thinking as we drove into Madisonville how it would be to see some of my old MILITARY buddies!

Ok D, yawl have a great day!!!

Took the words out of my mouth. I was about to post that we haven't really seen this team yet -- Clarke's been hurt since before Louisville game, Brooks, who knows what is up. And I still can't quite believe Boston is as bad as he has played. Hundreds of professional talent scouts assessed the guy as a Top-5 player in the country. Hell, I watched him a half dozen times, and while my skills are modest, I did play enough ball to know a little. And he has looked nothing like the player he was last year.

Took the words out of my mouth. I was about to post that we haven't really seen this team yet -- Clarke's been hurt since before Louisville game, Brooks, who knows what is up. And I still can't quite believe Boston is as bad as he has played. Hundreds of professional talent scouts assessed the guy as a Top-5 player in the country. Hell, I watched him a half dozen times, and while my skills are modest, I did play enough ball to know a little. And he has looked nothing like the player he was last year.

I rewatched the game, and the only 3 shots he made were layups. He missed a couple of wide open 15' shots, and threw up a couple of wild shots around the rim. The one in the 2nd half was the worst shot that I believe that I have ever seen.

I thinking about his defense, and really it does need to get better. I actually think it will the more playing time he gets. I see that he is competing on defense, and with a little more emphasis on the fundamentals I believe he will be o.k. on that end of the court. Cal is starting to trust him and that should mean a lot to the young man!

I thinking about his defense, and really it does need to get better. I actually think it will the more playing time he gets. I see that he is competing on defense, and with a little more emphasis on the fundamentals I believe he will be o.k. on that end of the court. Cal is starting to trust him and that should mean a lot to the young man!

Sounds like You have a right to be proud of your youngin!

I agree that his defense will get better with more playing time. I think improving someone's defense is easier than improving their shooting, and he has that down pat.

I agree that his defense will get better with more playing time. I think improving someone's defense is easier than improving their shooting, and he has that down pat.

Not only does his shooting help the team, but if you notice in last night's game, they spread the defense out. That is why they were able to get the ball into Sarr so easily, and several times we were able to drive the lane. Previously, they just clogged the middle and it was impossible to get to the rim, or post up Sarr.

You have to laugh at this site. (NOT this thread or the decent posters here.)

In lock down.... (I wouldn't know, I rarely post or read outside of this thread any longer. I do look at the thread topics and try supporting others posts some.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT