ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I have cousins in the Ocala area and my sister has a place on Sanibel Island that is getting close to being repaired from the big hurricane a couple of years ago.

My favorite place to vacation is on the Gulf Coast north of Tampa....Crystal River area. It was hit pretty hard by Helene.

Has anyone heard how Sawnee Cat faired during Helene?

God Bless you Sir! My son and his family and four of my grandbabies are in Newberry Florida just outside Gainesville. God Bless and protect brother Sawnee Cat and his family as well.
I talked to him yesterday afternoon and they may ride it out. They closed the Tampa airport this morning and Orlando's tomorrow morning. They are expecting some bad stuff.

I have cousins in the Ocala area and my sister has a place on Sanibel Island that is getting close to being repaired from the big hurricane a couple of years ago.

My favorite place to vacation is on the Gulf Coast north of Tampa....Crystal River area. It was hit pretty hard by Helene.

Has anyone heard how Sawnee Cat faired during Helene?
They were hit but little damage, just palm fronds scattered around the yard.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and clear. Nice. Today's high may reach 93°F. Cold front inbound early next week.

Hurricane Milton tracker states storm is 300 miles SW of Tampa. Wishing those folks all the best.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

international-beer-and-pizza-day---october-9.jpg

Good morning folks. Cold and clear in the east. Damn, I love this weather.

I saw that about the Reds coaching Bernie. Their hitting coaches should have been called the Mendoza Brothers because all their efforts produced a line up that collectively hovered around the Mendoza line.

Reds fans are excited about Terry Francona, not just because he’s been successful but because they believe he wouldn’t have taken the Reds job without specific, detailed promises to add the pieces to make them a contender. Why take on the hassle otherwise? We’ll see.

Pulling into the subway. Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks. Cold and clear in the east. Damn, I love this weather.

I saw that about the Reds coaching Bernie. Their hitting coaches should have been called the Mendoza Brothers because all their efforts produced a line up that collectively hovered around the Mendoza line.

Reds fans are excited about Terry Francona, not just because he’s been successful but because they believe he wouldn’t have taken the Reds job without specific, detailed promises to add the pieces to make them a contender. Why take on the hassle otherwise? We’ll see.

Pulling into the subway. Hope you all have a good day.
I was reading the Cards have about 1/4 the resources related to player development as most other teams and that is showing in the players they have brought up from the minors the last few years. They just aren't prepared. The "Cardinal Way" started it's decline when Geore Kissell died several years ago. The owner says he will cut payroll and dedicate more money to the minors. Not sure what that will mean. Lots of "talk".

I was reading the Cards have about 1/4 the resources related to player development as most other teams and that is showing in the players they have brought up from the minors the last few years. They just aren't prepared. The "Cardinal Way" started it's decline when Geore Kissell died several years ago. The owner says he will cut payroll and dedicate more money to the minors. Not sure what that will mean. Lots of "talk".
Bernie, it is easier for a franchise to lose its way than fans want to admit, and harder to find the road back.

Reds fans believe a formula of healthy years for their talented pitchers (there was never a single round of the rotation all season where the pre-season projected starting pitchers took a turn. Some didn't pitch at all) better managing to address the incredible lack of intelligence on the base paths and sloppiness on defense, and one Big Bat signed via free agency who can take advantage of that cozy park and hang 40 HRs on the books will at least get them to the playoffs. Do I believe that? Sure. Why not? At least until April.

Warrior asked about stories whenever I felt like it. Something came up today that reminded me of one. I may have already told it. My memory is not the best. A pilot was buzzing a village up in the Turkish mountains near the Russian border. He was playing games and crashed all over a valley and four mountains. The biggest piece of him they found was a piece of his head still in his helmet. I found one of his dog tags. They sent some of us up there to guard the wreckage while they salvaged what they wanted. Sheepherders and their big dogs. Wolves and camel caravans. No Russians though. I'm a bit wimpy. I love AC and a nice soft bed. Camping out is not my thing. Guess I had it better than the pilot though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT