ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Andy and Jerry Lawler loved each other...
I've never really been a wrestling fan, but liked Randy Savage because he was a minor league baseball player for the Cardinals. Here's a Lawler story about Savage.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F and clear. Today's high possibly reaches 83°F. We'll take it. Received much more needed rain last night.

Cats beat Vandy 10-5 last night. Play again tonight at Kentucky Proud Park. Go Big Blue!

Happy Friday, y'all.

0517-NATIONAL-CHERRY-COBBLER-DAY.jpg

Good morning everyone.

Staying very busy this time of year as usual. Work, play, work, play..........repeat. lol @ my sleep schedule....when I'm fishing I'm getting into bed about 5-530 AM. When I'm not fishing I'm usually up before 5AM.

Hike this morning and more work if the rain doesn't catch me.

Coach Pope sure is putting together a team that can compete. Looking forward to next season.

Uhhgggg. While we were at the lake earlier this week our security cameras caught a party going on at the house....the 3 trouble makers and their Mama. We now have videos of a bear fight against our car, a 100# cub on top of our car, and other general nuisances. We had to call my wife's brother twice to go to the house and run them off. They're fun to watch while we are there, but a big PITA when we're not....or asleep.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

61° this morning with moderate winds. High in the mid 80's on tap.

Heavy day this morning as the normal monster walk, workout, and house cleaning for starters. Then on to yard work this afternoon.

Nice win for the Cats yesterday with 2 games left in the regular season.

@AustinTXCat good timing on the cherry cobbler day as I picked up some cherries yesterday at Sams doing the honey do shopping. Have not had cherries in a long time.

TGIF for you grinders so, go out there and get it done and get home safe.

God Bless.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and cloudy. Today's high may reach 93°F. Summer temps arrived.

Yeah, Baseball Cats been swinging the lumber. I attended one game in person, watched many via SECN and SEC+ Dream season so far.

Might attempt riding my bicycle later today after a long walk this morning. Balance has been suspect due to cancer and peripheral neuropathy.

Wishing y'all a great Saturday.

national-cheese-souffle-day--may-18.png

20221226-171249.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

61° this morning with clear skies. Today's high will be in the low 90's. Was going to go fishing this morning but, karate belt testing (10:00) is keeping me from it.

Just keeping with the theme of testing students this morning with a throwback picture of me (army days) and my sons (who will turn 42 Monday). Also pictured is Simon, an Alaskan Malamute who weighed 120lbs or so. Yeah, I like big dogs and I cannot lie.

Might try to fish tomorrow morning. Depends on how I feel (energy) because I have 2 coed games starting at 1300.

Saturday morning folks so kick back, enjoy, and God Bless.

20221226-171249.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

61° this morning with clear skies. Today's high will be in the low 90's. Was going to go fishing this morning but, karate belt testing (10:00) is keeping me from it.

Just keeping with the theme of testing students this morning with a throwback picture of me (army days) and my sons (who will turn 42 Monday). Also pictured is Simon, an Alaskan Malamute who weighed 120lbs or so. Yeah, I like big dogs and I cannot lie.

Might try to fish tomorrow morning. Depends on how I feel (energy) because I have 2 coed games starting at 1300.

Saturday morning folks so kick back, enjoy, and God Bless.

The no-nonsense look... Enjoyable to see. They DO grow up...

Good morning folks. Back from a long run in the rain. Hot coffee rarely tasted any better.

Doing some chores around the house. Then joining my daughter and her boyfriend for a nice lunch in DC. They are back from a trip to the Caribbean and wanted to get together.

Hope it is a nice day for all of you.

Am back home now, My Darling and the BB are still sleeping though I know My Darling is up. She NEVER sleeps this late. I am at the front of our home trying to stay quiet. They both needed the rest and quiet.

Had a good meeting. Our Pastor spoke for a bit and before that, I had this...(Put some butter on the pancakes though...) and filled that cup three or four times....

436197641_8216100915070083_5478425117617789191_n.jpg

I am thankful...

I have them all, thanks anyway.

Sir, about the only one I never could make myself buy was that "The Barbarian and the Geisha".... Just never could... ;) (I have in the 120's, the number of his movies I own.....) I haven't digitized them all but it only takes a few minutes to do that if required and I want to see them.

I think it is stated John Wayne made 175 movies. I know I have not seen all of them. I have ten or so I have yet to watch, one day I will I guess.. Who knows but I like the ones I've watched so far... ;)

Sir, about the only one I never could make myself buy was that "The Barbarian and the Geisha".... Just never could... ;) (I have in the 120's, the number of his movies I own.....) I haven't digitized them all but it only takes a few minutes to do that if required and I want to see them.

I think it is stated John Wayne made 175 movies. I know I have not seen all of them. I have ten or so I have yet to watch, one day I will I guess.. Who knows but I like the ones I've watched so far... ;)
I saw most of The Quiet Man I think it was called. Not one of his top movies, but a guy named Victor McGlaglen co starred in it. He was a Brit and an interesting character. He joined the Brit army at 14 to fight in the Boer War. They found out his true age and kicked him out. He joined again to fight in WW1 and they kept him this time. He was heavyweight boxing champ of the British army in 1918. He traveled with a circus where anyone who lasted 3 rounds with him won money. He was also a pro wrestler and pro boxer. He once fought Jack Johnson in a 6 round exhibition match. If you watch that movie, take note of Victor. He was an older fellow by the time that movie was made.

I saw most of The Quiet Man I think it was called. Not one of his top movies, but a guy named Victor McGlaglen co starred in it. He was a Brit and an interesting character. He joined the Brit army at 14 to fight in the Boer War. They found out his true age and kicked him out. He joined again to fight in WW1 and they kept him this time. He was heavyweight boxing champ of the British army in 1918. He traveled with a circus where anyone who lasted 3 rounds with him won money. He was also a pro wrestler and pro boxer. He once fought Jack Johnson in a 6 round exhibition match. If you watch that movie, take note of Victor. He was an older fellow by the time that movie was made.

"Okay Danaher, you asked for it!".....

Victor played in several movies with John. An enjoyable partnership.. they worked well together..

Been watching parts of "In Harm's Way" today... John and Kirk....

Good morning folks.

Looks like the rain which lasted here from daybreak til bedtime yesterday has passed. Should be a nice Sunday.

Had a nice visit with my daughter yesterday. No plans for today. Maybe I’ll drive up to the mountains,

Hope you all are doing well.

Yeah, even though we have separate bank accounts, if I buy a new rod and reel and she is there to see it, she generally ask me: "What happened to the other ones?" I tell her: "Mind your own woman, I need this one." That works most of the time.

I usually just go to Academy when she is at work so, she does not see what I buy. But if I order from Bass Pro Shop, she might get home before delivery.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and cloudy. We're under excessive heat warning Today's high expected around 92°F.

Cats lost to Vandy in rubber match. Finished tied with with Vols for share of SEC title. Heading into upcoming SEC tournament as #3 seed. Go Cats!

Watched "Lost Home Movies of Nazi Germany" parts 1 and 2 last night via YouTube. 50" HDTV = huge difference. BBC Select films, produced in 2019. Very educational.

Still packing for trip....

Wish y'all a peaceful, enjoyable Sunday.

fd0097a8cd5977df3e48f61954af71c1.png

Sherry and I watched McLintock and War Wagon.

For the record, I do not have 175 John Wayne movies so I retract that I have them all.

I am starting to sound like Michael Cohen.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Looks like the rain which lasted here from daybreak til bedtime yesterday has passed. Should be a nice Sunday.

Had a nice visit with my daughter yesterday. No plans for today. Maybe I’ll drive up to the mountains,

Hope you all are doing well.
It should. We have a wonderful morning here in Smiths Grove, weatherwise a day west of you. It is 71°F and sunny. Yesterday at this time the humidity was 95% and now it is 81%.

Yeah, even though we have separate bank accounts, if I buy a new rod and reel and she is there to see it, she generally ask me: "What happened to the other ones?" I tell her: "Mind your own woman, I need this one." That works most of the time.

I usually just go to Academy when she is at work so, she does not see what I buy. But if I order from Bass Pro Shop, she might get home before delivery.

"Man's GOT to know his limitations.." -D. Harry OR D. WC... 😆

Folks, Kentucky is up to 11 players for next year.

This is my list that I am keeping. If it is wrong please let me know.

• Travis Perry, 6-2 G, FR, 4-star, #72 Rivals
  • Trent Noah, 6-6 G/F, 4-star, #140 Rivals
  • Collin Chandler, 6-4 G, FR, BYU, 2-year Mormon Mission
  • Brandon Garrison, 6-11 C, SOPH, Transfer from Oklahoma State
  • Otega Oweh, 6-3 G, SOPH, Transfer from Oklahoma
  • Koby Brea, 6-6 G, JR, Transfer from Dayton
  • Ansley Almonor, 6-7 F, JR, Transfer from Fairleigh Dickinson
  • Amari Williams, 6-10 C/F, SR, Transfer from Drexel
  • Lamont Butler, 6-2 G, SR, Transfer from San Diego State
  • Andrew Carr, 6-10 C/F, SR, Transfer from Wake Forest
  • Kerr Kriisa, 6-3 G, SR, Transfer from West Virginia

Folks, Kentucky is up to 11 players for next year.

This is my list that I am keeping. If it is wrong please let me know.

• Travis Perry, 6-2 G, FR, 4-star, #72 Rivals
  • Trent Noah, 6-6 G/F, 4-star, #140 Rivals
  • Collin Chandler, 6-4 G, FR, BYU, 2-year Mormon Mission
  • Brandon Garrison, 6-11 C, SOPH, Transfer from Oklahoma State
  • Otega Oweh, 6-3 G, SOPH, Transfer from Oklahoma
  • Koby Brea, 6-6 G, JR, Transfer from Dayton
  • Ansley Almonor, 6-7 F, JR, Transfer from Fairleigh Dickinson
  • Amari Williams, 6-10 C/F, SR, Transfer from Drexel
  • Lamont Butler, 6-2 G, SR, Transfer from San Diego State
  • Andrew Carr, 6-10 C/F, SR, Transfer from Wake Forest
  • Kerr Kriisa, 6-3 G, SR, Transfer from West Virginia
Solid roster but Pope needs to reel in one of the two potent scorers still considering Kentucky — Jaxson Robinson and Chaz Lanier. Both would be sweet. I have a feeling Perry and Noah and possibly Chandler are a year away. So there will be room for at least one of them to start, and minutes for the rest.

Last edited:
Sherry and I watched McLintock and War Wagon.

For the record, I do not have 175 John Wayne movies so I retract that I have them all.

I am starting to sound like Michael Cohen.

My last count Sir is 128 I own. I have actually searched but not deeply and not lately to find a good list of his movies online. Yes, I'd like to watch them all but I doubt that will ever happen. I just take the joy when I can.

My last count Sir is 128 I own. I have actually searched but not deeply and not lately to find a good list of his movies online. Yes, I'd like to watch them all but I doubt that will ever happen. I just take the joy when I can.
I have all of the surviving Charlie Chan movies. 42, I think. I believe 6 were lost to posterity. I am not a fan of Ted Turner but he did an admirable service by saving so many old movies

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT