ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning folks.

Prayers for all those who have sacrificed for our beloved country. We’ll never be completely worthy of the sacrifice but we can try to live in a way that honors their memory.

Finishing up a long walk. It was lovely - sunny and cool when I headed out. It’s growing muggy and overcast now. We’ll get some rainy n today I’d imagine.

Grateful not to be at work today. Hope it is a good day for all of you.

53,000 LG&E customers without power including my parents. Winds up to 80 mph in some spots in the viewing area. In the process of getting a generator over there to save their food in the fridge. That was one nasty storm and another one is on the way later tonight. Buckle down. Could be a wild ride.
Yeah, we got hit hard down here in Forge Ridge/Ewing VA/Middlesboro yesterday. Luckily, no injuries or property loss. 2 tornado touchdown reports. Sorry to hear.

Power flicker as I typed last post. Lost connectivity for 5 minutes.

memorial-day-remember-and-honor-united-states-flag-poster-american-flag-and-text-on-blue.jpg

Yeah, we got hit hard down here in Forge Ridge/Ewing VA/Middlesboro yesterday. Luckily, no injuries or property loss. 2 tornado touchdown reports. Sorry to hear.
Scary stuff. My niece in St. Louis said a funnel cloud went directly over her house. They camped out in the basement for a few hours. The kids were understandably scared.

Last edited:
Good afternoon folks, busy day today for me, went fishing this morning and cut grass as soon as I got home. Finished up just a while ago. Had to get it done as the weather report has rain in the forecast for the next 7-10 days possible.

Fishing report: Had several strikes, hooked 7 landed 3. Large Mouth Bass 4- Warrior-Cat 2 as one of my lands was a 3-pound catfish.

Good morning folks. Back to work in the city.

Beautiful, absolutely clear blue-skies day. Cool so far. I’m looking up through the big window of a subway car and the moon, about three-quarters of it, is clear as one of those Apollo photographs despite the fact that the sun is high enough that it is fully as bright as noon.

Hope everyone had a nice three-day weekend. Enjoy the day.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

68° and storming. Started about 0230 this morning and been doing so off and on since. Looking at radar and it is supposed to clear shortly. Did not get to walk monster yesterday as I left early for fishing, and it was too hot by the time I got back. Will go shortly once the storms breaks.

Going to Norman Ok this afternoon to a consultation with my oral surgeon for the second round of implants on the upper left side this time. Had two implants with a three-tooth bridge implanted on the upper right side last time and then pulled three from the upper left in November to let them heal to start the process again.

Suppose to play ball tonight but, more storms possible will probably cancel them.

Well, it is a Monday/Tuesday with respect to work so...get at it folks, be safe out there, and God Bless.

Afternoon D, well we finally got our power back on this morning, went out at 9:47 Sunday night, back on at 10:30. We spent Sunday morning in the basement of our church, then back to the church for the second round Sunday evening, we left when the all clear was given about 10. One tornado went north and one went south of us, both were about15 miles from us. God is great, we had no damage at all, spent most of this afternoon keeping our grandsons bust picking up our neighbors limbs a cutting up part of s tree for them.

5VR2.gif

Morning Legionnaires!

63° this morning with almost no wind (unusual for here). Today's high to be in the low 80's.

Had one softball game last night as the second one was cancelled due to rain. We won by run rule (Now 11-1). Don't remember what the score was. I did not play the first game as we had 14 players last night and I was scheduled to pitch the second one so...no numbers for me.

Had the consultation with the oral surgeon in Norman OK yesterday and will have the implants done on Monday at 0800hrs. Will not be able to play in next Tuesday's games.

Well, you grinders know the deal, the hump part of this week is around mid-night tonight since most if not all had Monday off.

Stay safe out there and God Bless.

Hey folks. Busy day at work so I'll just say hello, wish everyone well and check in later.

Let's hope today is a good news day for the Men's basketball team. Pope needs a little more offensive firepower in the mix or he could get off to a bad start here, and we all know how fickle the fan base can be if that happens. I'd love to see him succeed. I think he could really heal the culture, but it is all meaningless without a very high level of success.

After a tornado destroyed our post office, they moved it to a mini mall area with unlimited parking. I went by Tuesday. There was two people parked right by the front door in a no parking area. Both were 50 or so and healthy looking. I am 77 with a bad leg and parked 40 yards away in the regular parking lot. My doctor offered me a parking permit, but I told him others needed to park close more than I do.

@warrior-cat @berniecarbo

Cards take 2 out of 3 in Cincy. Winners of 9 of 11. Back to .500 record.
I'm kind of worried though. The big 3 in the bullpen are being overworked. Helsey leads the league in saves, but his last 3 were struggles. They need some rest the bullpen wins. Offense is picking up. They say Jim Edmonds has been working with Goldy and he is starting to hit the ball hard. If he and Arenado pick up, my confidence will grow a little.

I'm kind of worried though. The big 3 in the bullpen are being overworked. Helsey leads the league in saves, but his last 3 were struggles. They need some rest the bullpen wins. Offense is picking up. They say Jim Edmonds has been working with Goldy and he is starting to hit the ball hard. If he and Arenado pick up, my confidence will grow a little.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not confident they will end up being really good. Just happy and shocked how quickly they went from last place and like ten games under to a .500 team.

Good morning from Nolin Lake near Anneta, KY. Currently 54°F and clear. Expecting 77°F for our high.

I also hiked yesterday training up for upcoming Iceland trip. 2.3 miles in 46 minutes on these back roads dodging traffic. 15% grade in some places leading from lake to main road. Rested. Hiked back. Peripheral Neuropathy remains a constant challenge for me since cancer began. Hike from harbor to Arctic Circle on Island of Grimsey is 3.7 km or 2.2 miles.

Enjoying another vacation. Great day to be alive.

Wishing y'all a good one.

0530-NATIONAL-MINT-JULEP-DAY.jpg

Good morning all,

Back at it in the same place. Was kind of looking for the basement in the Alamo but darn, this place has one.....

"Only" have to go to the DC VA tomorrow early, then I'm finished for a couple days driving in this rat raced swamp.

I am thankful... Have a day you'll remember in a good way.

Last edited:
Kentucky counties represented at the Russellville convention (Kentucky secession vote sat up by a confederate government). 68 out of 114 counties (a majority) sent delegates. The state seceded from the union in December 1861. And is represented on the confederate flag as the 13th star or state. A fact very rarely reported.

Russelville-convetnion.jpg

Good morning folks.

Been at work for 90 minutes already. I find myself getting in earlier and earlier to stay on top of things.

Beautiful day in the east. Went for a walk right after getting up. It was cool and clear and the sky was dazzling as the sun rose.

Not much else happening right now. I'm disappointed the kid Pope was targeting Jaxson Robinson decided to stay in the draft -- and likely go undrafted -- rather than come to Kentucky. There is only one thing that motivates any of these kids today, and it's not the legacy and status of Kentucky's historic program. You either have to convince kids you are their very best option to get to that NBA money fast - which was Calipari's schtick - or pay them up front through the NIL at a level that surpasses rivals. I like Pope, but to potential recruits he's just another guy who has never put anyone in the NBA so why trust your future to him? It may be a while before Kentucky figures out a formula to overcome that reality.

Ah well. It's a long way to next season and things can change. Have a god day folks.

Good morning folks.

Been at work for 90 minutes already. I find myself getting in earlier and earlier to stay on top of things.

Beautiful day in the east. Went for a walk right after getting up. It was cool and clear and the sky was dazzling as the sun rose.

Not much else happening right now. I'm disappointed the kid Pope was targeting Jaxson Robinson decided to stay in the draft -- and likely go undrafted -- rather than come to Kentucky. There is only one thing that motivates any of these kids today, and it's not the legacy and status of Kentucky's historic program. You either have to convince kids you are their very best option to get to that NBA money fast - which was Calipari's schtick - or pay them up front through the NIL at a level that surpasses rivals. I like Pope, but to potential recruits he's just another guy who has never put anyone in the NBA so why trust your future to him? It may be a while before Kentucky figures out a formula to overcome that reality.

Ah well. It's a long way to next season and things can change. Have a god day folks.

I see conflicting statements about Robinson. No announcement but is it a done deal he stayed in the draft?

Good morning all,

At the DC VA... Had the "little" blood drawn. Getting ready to drop a pint.

Drove to DC four days this week. Hope that never happens again. I am thankful but DC traffic is special.

Just 26 miles but one day took almost two hours to get home.

Have a great day. My day off.... Got to work around the house when I get home and get My Darling's inspection on her car done.... Today!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT