ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good afternoon D, watching The Bible on History Channel, good show! Just showed Jesus in the wilderness being tested by satan, I swear it looked just like obama! They got that character right!! Well, I read and hear about side effects and reactions, I witnessed them for myself. I've got some fluid in my ear, was given Sudogest, I read all the stuff about it and said I am not taking it, waited a couple days then changed my mind, bad discussion, within 4 hours was really sick, bearly could pee, that was just part of it! Feeling better today but man it's been rough!! Glad I just took two of those pills!!!

Happy Easter to the D...

giphy.gif

Bama in the Final 4. Salvages the SEC performance with UT up tomorrow.

That UConn 30-0 run against Illinois is something I've never seen this late in the season. I hated it.

The SEC schools never root for us. I will root for Bama against UCONN cause we want them stopped. But most times I hope every SEC team loses. Hope Tennessee gets murdered

The SEC schools never root for us. I will root for Bama against UCONN cause we want them stopped. But most times I hope every SEC team loses. Hope Tennessee gets murdered
Tough one for me. I hate UT but also hate the Big 10. Best case scenario, NC State beats Duke by 30 then pummels either UT or Purdue in the Final 4. Hate the ACC too. Damn, I'm really not a hateful guy. Oh yeah I almost forgot. I hate UConn too.

Last edited:
Tough one for me. I hate UT but also hate the Big 10. Best case scenario, NC State beats Duke by 30 then pummels either UT or Purdue in the Final 4. Hate the ACC too. Damn, I'm really not a hateful guy. Oh yeah I almost forgot. I hate UConn too.

I don't want Tenn to ever get a FF. I can't stand Purdue, use to know several Purdue fans. But Purdue is playing Tennessee and then possibly Duke and then if they get to the National Championship probably UCONN. I'm just going to have to root for Purdue. If they were playing a team I didn't truly hate, I would be against Purdue. I don't think anyone is beating UCONN though.

Good morning everyone and Happy Easter Sunday.

I'm going to Sunrise Services in a bit. Great weather for it so far.

I still haven't watched any of the NCAA tourney since we exited. Man I sure miss March Madness as we knew it.

Worked hard yesterday. I got a project done at the house (digging) but mostly volunteering yesterday....picking up litter and leaf blowing a couple miles of the Pine Mtn Scenic Trail. I'm feeling it.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning and Happy Easter from ATX. Currently 65°F and cloudy. Expecting 80°F for today's high.

And then there were 6. UConn won convincingly after a tight first half. Clemson hung in there, but Tide too strong.

Go Boilermakers! Go Wolfpack!

Got my walking shorts on. Headed out for a stroll after bit. Work laundry later.

Again, wishing y'all Happy Easter.

Good morning all,

Dropped My Darling off for Choir practice before the 8:30 service. Sitting in the car drinking my coffee, having a couple small pieces of dark chocolate (the 85% variety), heading inside in about five minutes.

We just joined this church after attending for about five years. The first service for us was Friday, our first Easter service as members.

A lot of decent people here. I have to find some sort of job but am not certain yet what that is. It will work out, I am willing but my time is so taken.

I am thankful but my children and grand children keep me engaged. Not even mentioning work and my side hustles that I have not engaged in for a while....

Up from the grave he arose.... God Bless you all....

Happy Easter everyone.

At least there’s one good SEC basketball team.

Yesterday’s game was typical Reds. Decent starting pitching, get two two run leads and score six, and relief pitching gives up more runs in less innings than the starter. Maybe it will change. Any bets?

Happy Easter D League.

Had a nice gathering that served as a belated birthday party for my wife and daughter yesterday. Very good food at a nice restaurant, and for once it was established in advance that I didn't get the check -- my wife's mother and step-father did.

Beautiful sunny day in the east. Got in a nice run this morning and enjoying the day. Miss having little ones around for Easter but life rolls on. My older daughter will probably send me some photos or a short video of the grandkids in their Easter duds in suburban Kansas City.

Enjoy the day, eveyone.

Went fishing this morning and cut the grass upon returning. Nothing to report as I had only three strikes, but nothing hooked or landed.

Ugh, Reds still need pitching down 5-3 to the Nats in the bottom of the 8th 2 down. Tejay Antone came in in the top of the 8th Reds down 4-3 only to load the bases with no outs. Cruz came in to only allow one to score before recording 3 outs.

Last edited:
Wow! Down 5-3 in the 9th with 2 outs. India fouls off about 10 balls before getting a hit for a double. Benson comes in first pitch, home run to tie it. Then, Christian Encarnacion-Strand (hitless so far this year) hits a home run after that to win the game.

Kentucky sucked. Cal should quit.
I remain disgusted with the final product.
Good morning from Burbach, Germany. Currently 45°F and partly cloudy. Today's high may reach 61°F. Loving this weather.

Plan on meeting up with other old friends today. So many to visit, so little time.

Must fill out my bracket later today also.

Wishing y'all an awesome day.

og_crawfishcraversawarenessday1480329521.jpg
Mudbugs
product_southwest-jalapeno-6oz_750x750.jpg

I know the feeling, easy to keep track of for sure. I have twin sons whose birthday is May 20th. One of them has triplet sons whose birthday is May 11th. They have another son who has a birthday on August 30th, and a daughter August 18th. My wife August 3rd, me August 1st, and I have a brother August 19th. It is almost like Christmas spending levels during those 2 months. Oh, and by the way, MIL's is the 30th of July.
September
Good morning from ATX. Currently 46°F and mostly cloudy. Today's high may reach 68°F. Slight chance for rain.

Jet lag ...
First day back at work went okay. Worked 3 tickets.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

0327-INTERNATIONAL-WHISKEY-DAY.jpg
Bonded on a cube? Nice!
Good morning folks.

Another crazy day on the subway. A melee breaks out between this fairly big man and a good sized woman who is shrieking and howling. When I turn, I see her wailing at the guy, landing punches, but he is being aggressive too, so I reluctantly decide someone needs to break this up before it gets out of hand. Luckily a young Black guy joins me so I’m not just making it racial. We try to get between them but the woman is still throwing haymakers. Someone has called the cops and a metro security guard shows up. The guy runs away and the woman, of course, turns on the guard, cursing him in vile terms, before she runs after him.

Just another day.

Hope it is peaceful where you are.
"Yikes!"
Ya think? You don't miss it by much but you "ain't" Dan'l Boone. Course Dan'l cilled a Bar in a tree....

Really enjoy you relaying your day. Just enjoyable.

I showed My Darling the bear pics as I do many of your pics.

My Darling grew up in the woods and small areas of Korea and is an avid and learned farmer and mountain woman if you will. She loves it. Thanks again...
Filson Club?
Creamsicles
41491.jpg

I don't want Tenn to ever get a FF. I can't stand Purdue, use to know several Purdue fans. But Purdue is playing Tennessee and then possibly Duke and then if they get to the National Championship probably UCONN. I'm just going to have to root for Purdue. If they were playing a team I didn't truly hate, I would be against Purdue. I don't think anyone is beating UCONN though.
giphy.gif

Just checked out the NCAA baseball rankings as of 3/24. NCAA.com ranks 6 SEC teams in the top 8 and 10 in the top 25. Baseball America ranks 7 SEC teams in the top 10 and 12 in the Top 25. That's damn near the entire conference. UK will have one tough stretch of games ahead.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 83°F. Showers expected late this evening. We sure could use the rain.

And then there were 4.... Happy NCSt won against Duke and Purdue def Vols. Had UT won, I'd never heard the end of it.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing y'all a great start to your week.

636263115337924622-GettyImages-475165892.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

67° with light rain and light winds. Possible thunderstorms early this morning so walking the monster might be difficult. Mid 70's expected for a high.

Not much going on today so, couch potato positions after workout.

Enjoy your day if you can and be safe out there grinders.

God Bless.

Good morning folks.

Grandson Charlie's third birthday. He seems to have the right personality to be an April Fools kid as he grows up.

First fun sports day in a while. Loved seeing Tennessee lose to keep the program's 120 yaer history of never making the Final Four intact. And of course loved seeing Duke lose - especially to a team in their own conference who wasn't even .500 in conference play! (9-11.) Then, as icing on the cake, the Reds came back down two runs and two outs in the 9th -- one of those wins you get a half dozen times a season, if that.

Blew off by hike this morning as the rain was pouring down.

Settling into the work week. Hope it is a good day for all of you.

Big Six is a legend.
I don't know if you ever took the morning paper from Louisville that was named the Times? They had a column I think was a weekly........I had read many stories about "Big Six" Henderson before I met him on Jury duty. I guess they might have put his picture with one of those stories...........by the time I met him he was retired and a legend...........I have been on jury duty several times and that was the only enjoyable experience......the Director and myself get summoned ever couple of years or so......she was called twice during Covid but got a pass because she was rated critical care since she was a respiratory therapist.

Good morning D-League. Cruising into DC on a subway train, our normal allotment if two drugged or drunk bums on board. Rainy night has driven them indoors, and the trains are a good place to crash.

Busy day ahead. But not much to report yet.

I hope the rain passes for all of us and it is a nice warm April day ahead.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning legionnaires!

48° this morning with 20-30mph winds. Got some good rain last night and saw a good light show, but that was the end of it.

Normal workout, walk the monster and a honey do list of shopping on tap for the morning.

Reds win in 10 last night over Philly. Play again tonight at 6:40pm Eastern. I will be watching.

Be safe out there today folks and God's Speed if traveling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT