ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

434157364_10168959634045556_1495379367977340152_n.jpg

Thanks, I really enjoy your pictures!!! .....Baretta....
Daisy has seen more bear than the average human. Sure glad she's not a cockatoo like Baretta. Cockatiels are not near as loud and don't pack near the bite.

We got some great video of the bear climbing the tree and figure out the feeder. She ended up pulling the rope with her paw and teeth to get it close enough.

Daisy has seen more bear than the average human. Sure glad she's not a cockatoo like Baretta. Cockatiels are not near as loud and don't pack near the bite.

We got some great video of the bear climbing the tree and figure out the feeder. She ended up pulling the rope with her paw and teeth to get it close enough.

Glad you knew what I meant anyway. (I was kind of close...) Keep'em coming... 😁

2024 Reds off to a good start, though this will probably jinx them. A 33-year-old lifetime journeyman named Nick Martini who only made the roster because of injuries started as the DH and has home runs in his first two at bats, and 5 RBI. That's like two seasons for him up until now. I'm watching here in DC with a room of Nats fans. First good sports moment in weeks. So far, at least.

No, it would just be inviting possible ridicule. I got a text yesterday from an old co-worker who I have not talked to in a long time, and he ask me who I was rooting for now (knowing him, sarcasm). I replied: The Reds, since the season starts tomorrow. His reply: "LOL, I am rooting for Purdue". He is a lifelong Longhorn fan since he was born in Texas.
I wear my Purdue stuff a lot - GD is Engineering student there.

2024 Reds off to a good start, though this will probably jinx them. A 33-year-old lifetime journeyman named Nick Martini who only made the roster because of injuries started as the DH and has home runs in his first two at bats, and 5 RBI. That's like two seasons for him up until now. I'm watching here in DC with a room of Nats fans. First good sports moment in weeks. So far, at least.
De La Cruz is 2 for 2. 2 K's. But he improved on that even with a throwing E. Love the guy, but he has issues. If this keeps up, may be good idea to give him to the Cardinals.

Watching as well from home. Had my daughter watching up until about the 4th. She isn't really interested, but I keep trying.

They can be destructive. Not really any danger to people around here, but there's always a chance. They (this sow and her 3 cubs most likely) tore into our screened in patio last year and made a pretty big mess. We took it as payment for them providing us with entertainment throughout the summer. I have a feeling they will be worse this year.

It's hard to tell in this pic but there is a window between her nose and my camera.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 57°F, cloudy and with gusty winds from the south. Today's high may reach 77°F.

Watched Retribution with Liam Neeson last night. Filmed in Berlin. Pretty good.

Happy Good Friday (Karfreitag). I volunteered to work today. Hopefully not busy.

Yeah, good for the Tide.

Wishing y'all an awesome end to your week.

Last edited:
They can be destructive. Not really any danger to people around here, but there's always a chance. They (this sow and her 3 cubs most likely) tore into our screened in patio last year and made a pretty big mess. We took it as payment for them providing us with entertainment throughout the summer. I have a feeling they will be worse this year.

It's hard to tell in this pic but there is a window between her nose and my camera.

Ya think? You don't miss it by much but you "ain't" Dan'l Boone. Course Dan'l cilled a Bar in a tree....

Really enjoy you relaying your day. Just enjoyable.

I showed My Darling the bear pics as I do many of your pics.

My Darling grew up in the woods and small areas of Korea and is an avid and learned farmer and mountain woman if you will. She loves it. Thanks again...

Good morning everyone.

Man I slept like a baby last night. I've did a quick check around the house and thankfully the bears didn't come back last night. I enjoy watching them during the day, but they can be a problem at night if I'm sleeping good. There are occasional reports of bears bothering livestock, but usually don't kill them. Coyotes are the problem with dogs and cats. Coyotes getting them are not rare at all.

I hate to hear about Thiero entering the portal. He was a favorite the last couple of years.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning folks. Working from home today.

Stayed up way too late to watch UNC-Cheats lose. Nothing will make this tournament good, but that makes it a little better.

Good start to the season for the Reds. Happy for Martini, who has knocked around for over a decade and finally gets a chance to start and hits two HRs.

Hope you all have a good day.

I wanted to go to Purdue for chemistry. It is a good school. To get an out of state scholy I needed to make 96 percentile on the SAT. I got to 95 and could never get over the hump. So I went to Western Kentucky.

Sir,

I got a bug degree from Purdue. I never mention that for some reason. Seriously it is a Pest Technology degree. (Associates) I never have put that on any of my resumes...

Not sure why.... Kind of forgot until you mentioned Purdue, they had a heck of an "antemology"... (I know, I know...entomology...) May be why they didn't like me much. ;) I "gradgeeated from dar dough 2."... ;)

Last edited:
I wanted to go to Purdue for chemistry. It is a good school. To get an out of state scholy I needed to make 96 percentile on the SAT. I got to 95 and could never get over the hump. So I went to Western Kentucky.
My sister is an RN at Vandy and gave me a shirt when they won the baseball national title, so I wear it at times.

My sister is an RN at Vandy and gave me a shirt when they won the baseball national title, so I wear it at times.
From my immediate family, only my daughter, she of several degrees, still has an alma mater in the NCAA tournament.

My son is a UK grad, well, we know that disaster.
My younger daughter and wife both have Maryland degrees. They didn't even make the dance.
My older daughter has a BA from Florida, a masters from Gonzaga and a PhD from Kansas, so she started out with three chances. Last Saturday, while visiting my family in Kentucky, we watched at a sports bar as her Gators lost an OT heartbreaker to Colorado. Then her Zags and her Jailhawks played each other. She hates Self over the women abuse he tolerates so was glad to see Gonzaga advance.

I got to leave work early. (Still plenty of work I must finish by Monday so I AM working.)

We have a good Friday service at church this evening. When I got home My Darling was making these....

434733887_7987606091252901_8901121810399447534_n.jpg

434743659_7987605814586262_55337274803644105_n.jpg

I ate the remnants and the ends along with the left-over "fixings"....

Now I am getting ready to......... Eat a few... 😍😍😍...

Egg, imitation crab meat, spinach, rice, a fish of some sort but kind of like spam, wrapped in a seaweed wrap rubbed with sesame seed and olive oil.....

Yeah, Kings eat on special occasions how I eat regularly....

I AM thankful!!!

I got to leave work early. (Still plenty of work I must finish by Monday so I AM working.)

We have a good Friday service at church this evening. When I got home My Darling was making these....

434733887_7987606091252901_8901121810399447534_n.jpg

434743659_7987605814586262_55337274803644105_n.jpg

I ate the remnants and the ends along with the left-over "fixings"....

Now I am getting ready to......... Eat a few... 😍😍😍...

Egg, imitation crab meat, spinach, rice, a fish of some sort but kind of like spam, wrapped in a seaweed wrap rubbed with sesame seed and olive oil.....

Yeah, Kings eat on special occasions how I eat regularly....

I AM thankful!!!
Looks like Christmas candy to me.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and partly cloudy. Expecting 79°F for today's high. Pulling on shorts in a bit. May receive some rain come Monday.

NCAA tourney: May catch a few games this afternoon and tomorrow.

Braves: Kicked Phillies butts yesterday. Heh.

Watched "The Truth vs Alex Jones" and "Becoming Warren Buffett" last night. Good documentaries.

Wishing y'all an awesome Easter holiday weekend.

chickecnhot.jpg

Good morning folks.

Beautiful sunny spring day in the East. Finishing off my Saturday hike.

Looking forward to a big lunch gathering at a nearby restaurant. A late birthday celebration for my wife and daughter.

Little interest in the hoops today. Looking forward to some baseball this weekend.

Hope you all have a good day.

Went to Kentucky this morning. Visit to cemetery, good friends and out to lunch at Chinese Restaurant with Sister. Wore out.
Played golf for the first time in 3 years Friday. Finally slowed down swing and started to swing easier changed everything. Getting ready to play in Senior League starting Wednesday.

Last edited:
Sometimes when we try to hard, we tense up and our movements and not smooth and free enough. I never played golf, but I have found that in other endeavors. A long time ago I was listening to a guy demonstrating self defense techniques. He was stressing the importance of all movement starting from the center of the body. Our center is where the biggest strongest muscles are located. He said if you are sitting down and someone pulls the chair out from under you, you should be able to stop yourself from falling. I get lax sometimes, but I try to make that a habit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT