ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

here is your final boxscore for the game. I will say this much; the officiating didn't nearly lose the game, per se - but it did change the momentum greatly. The two technicals on our players with nothing on theirs was complete and utter BS. We did give up quite a few points due to poor defense. Anyway, here you go - we really shot pretty well, and our FT% was better than expected. Rebounding margin surprised me some
Screen-Shot-2016-01-12-at-9.06.20-PM-1024x704.png

WTF? We were up 15-16, I dozed off on the couch. Woke up it was a 3 pt game with under a min.

Did I read that we were called for 2 Ts? That's bullshit. I would have sent the kiwi in to goon Tony Green. That's the advantage of red shirting. Not going to miss a game, plus he's only 17, so no worse than juvi. I fully expect some fans to rush the refs on the court some night. Maybe that's why they keep the lowers filled with the blue hairs. Buffer zone.

WTF? We were up 15-16, I dozed off on the couch. Woke up it was a 3 pt game with under a min.

Did I read that we were called for 2 Ts? That's bullshit. I would have sent the kiwi in to goon Tony Green. That's the advantage of red shirting. Not going to miss a game, plus he's only 17, so no worse than juvi. I fully expect some fans to rush the refs on the court some night. Maybe that's why they keep the lowers filled with the blue hairs. Buffer zone.
I won't complain about watching Shows, Green, Ayers etc. get a beating at center court on the UK logo.

State of the Union

Barack Obama has been the greatest fraud perpetuated on the black community in my lifetime. That's what happens when the Dems KNOW they have a voting bloc in hand. He has bent over backwards for the environmentalists. He's taken care of the gay community. Been the BFF of Muslims worldwide.

Here's a clue, Barry. We don't need Obamacare or Obamaphones. We need J.O.B.S. The black community has gotten what we have always gotten from the Dems. Words. And as long as we give that solid 90% of the vote to Dems...we will get more words.

Part of me REALLY, REALLY wants to make a run at Nikki Haley...even tho she's married. Lets just say she's used her womanhood (literally) to move ahead in her past. Problem is, if some desperate Republican nominee wants to make her the next Sarah Palin, that past WILL come out.

Reading Rafters after bad game is hilarious.

-my thought process on Cal is this: all the success is predicated on getting kids to the draft. How do we win? By having the best talent. How do we get the best talent? We make sure the kids get paid in nba.

That being said, cal will be stubborn. We barely play zone because man to man is what you see in nba, and goes back to first premise of getting guys ready/into nba.

The reason Skal, the Harrison's, Archie, etc get the leash, is no matter what, wins or loses, have to get them to the nba or the whole thing breaks down. You crack the illusion. What, 6 dudes drafted? We can cover up Harrison not getting drafted, because 6 dudes. There is even a mystique in the NBA that our guys are somehow more draft able.

Willis will never get play because he's not an NBA dude. Cal will treat people differently because his job is to get people to the NBA. The NBAers will get treated like shit. Murray, doesn't play D? It's ok, because he will be a lotto pick. Willis loses one dude, benched, wel, he's treated differently. And it should be that way.

As silly as it sounds. Getting the 5 guys drafted from 2010 was the lynchpin of the program taking off. It showed everyone that UK=NBA. It's a simple probability, have the most talent and you should win. 4 FF in 6 years. More talent comes in.

That being said, we have primary and secondary motivations. I really think cal s primary motivation is getting kids drafted and being a basketball coach is secondary motivation.

Part of me REALLY, REALLY wants to make a run at Nikki Haley...even tho she's married. Lets just say she's used her womanhood (literally) to move ahead in her past. Problem is, if some desperate Republican nominee wants to make her the next Sarah Palin, that past WILL come out.

Brother. I mean this, We need a Black Female Libertarian President.

Reading Rafters after bad game is hilarious.

-my thought process on Cal is this: all the success is predicated on getting kids to the draft. How do we win? By having the best talent. How do we get the best talent? We make sure the kids get paid in nba.

That being said, cal will be stubborn. We barely play zone because man to man is what you see in nba, and goes back to first premise of getting guys ready/into nba.

The reason Skal, the Harrison's, Archie, etc get the leash, is no matter what, wins or loses, have to get them to the nba or the whole thing breaks down. You crack the illusion. What, 6 dudes drafted? We can cover up Harrison not getting drafted, because 6 dudes. There is even a mystique in the NBA that our guys are somehow more draft able.

Willis will never get play because he's not an NBA dude. Cal will treat people differently because his job is to get people to the NBA. The NBAers will get treated like shit. Murray, doesn't play D? It's ok, because he will be a lotto pick. Willis loses one dude, benched, wel, he's treated differently. And it should be that way.

As silly as it sounds. Getting the 5 guys drafted from 2010 was the lynchpin of the program taking off. It showed everyone that UK=NBA. It's a simple probability, have the most talent and you should win. 4 FF in 6 years. More talent comes in.

That being said, we have primary and secondary motivations. I really think cal s primary motivation is getting kids drafted and being a basketball coach is secondary motivation.

Let me put this into another perspective. Let's not over think this year. We rode invincible last year. This year no. With the right seeding, and the right match ups. UK can win this as 3 or 4 seed. I would have never thought that Duke would have won the 2 they have. BUT, they got the seeding (of course reffing)

Barack Obama has been the greatest fraud perpetuated on the black community in my lifetime. That's what happens when the Dems KNOW they have a voting bloc in hand. He has bent over backwards for the environmentalists. He's taken care of the gay community. Been the BFF of Muslims worldwide.

Here's a clue, Barry. We don't need Obamacare or Obamaphones. We need J.O.B.S. The black community has gotten what we have always gotten from the Dems. Words. And as long as we give that solid 90% of the vote to Dems...we will get more words.

Great post, ghost. I concur 100%.

Win is a win is a win.

<> Went to the game tonight. Was good to see Poythress play decent tonight. Was afraid he would pull his usual deal after a good game and disappear. He didn't score much but he rebounded, played good D and had one hell of a blocked shot.

<> The technical foul deal was a joke. Their guy started it. At the most they should have called a double tee (one on us and one on them).

<> Refs spent waaaaaaay too much time checking the monitors on waaaaaaay too many plays. Eff that noise.

<> Was good to see Skal show some signs of life. Two dunks and…well…two dunks. But it's progress. Baby steps.

<> My math is probably off but I think Briscoe only missed two shots tonight. Add that to the way he finished the last game and he has hit his 13 of his last 15 shots from the field. Just hope he can overcome his mental breakdown at the FT line. Would be nice to be able to rely on him in games down the stretch.

<> This teams inability to close out games strong may very well come back to bite them in the ass. I hope they learn how to close better as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT