ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Screen-Shot-2016-01-02-at-7.53.26-PM-1024x707.png

This board is many things to many people and that is as it should be. Like any thing else it is what you make of it. I think most take it for what it is but some need to remember that like most things, it is what you make it. No more, no less. I have no deep thoughts or remarks so I will post this ."If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

This board is many things to many people and that is as it should be. Like any thing else it is what you make of it. I think most take it for what it is but some need to remember that like most things, it is what you make it. No more, no less. I have no deep thoughts or remarks so I will post this ."If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”
Translation: No more morning weather reports out of Austin. Freeze to death, fellow KY brethren. Our Tejas AC actually functions during winter months. :sunglasses:

So if I am shot by an external projection, does this mean pain is in my head? What about 30 bullets?

Meaning is in the eye of beholder,

I think of things people think about a lot. Or the systems they use to derive information and conclusions. I am terrible at reading people, but really good at breaking down people's systematic thought processes.

It's funny, most people can not do basic math. Like trig. Created around 2200 years ago, algebra 500 or so years. This system of thought, most can't employ it. There is also other systems of thought, in logic, that people employ. Like a lot of people can't go past anslem's ontological argument from a 1000 years ago when discussing God. Or do not understand basic Aristotelian logic of truth, etc. basically, these people are no smarter than people 1000 years ago or 2000 years ago. The meaning I derive, is that this is sad. Not that I am attached to that feeling, more so that when I happen to give it thought, this thought occurs. But I am no more attached to it as a leaf is attached to the wind.

I like when people tell people to employ systems from 1800 years ago. It makes me wonder if they know more current systems of thought, or are they stuck?

Amazing how many antiquated world views there are. Not that they are wrong, just inefficient as they fail to measure the real measurements. 1800 years ago, those systems were great tools, but now, they just seem dated.

While so many people give advice, because they lack the updated tools, they miss the point. But like MA, thought that counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT