ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good afternoon from Burbach, Germany. High temperature reached 61°F in Koblenz. Gorgeous day. Rode out there with two former in-laws.

- Drank way too much last night. Paying for it today.

- Visited another former brother in-law at his place of work -- Metzgerei Boxan. He's a butcher and still cutting meat at age 66.

Wishing y'all a great day. Go Cats!

432772450_10230404788764124_7866986619465283997_n.jpg

Glad I wore my long-handles today. No heat in this joint. Was 58 degrees inside this morning. In my office still no heat, gave the heaters to my team.... I came ready though....
My paternal grandfather was a tough little dude.........if I would complain of cold he would tell me to pick up the pace......"if you are working hard enough you don't have time to think of the cold"........back in the day they built most of the house.....he fell off the roof of a house on his 75th birthday......

My paternal grandfather was a tough little dude.........if I would complain of cold he would tell me to pick up the pace......"if you are working hard enough you don't have time to think of the cold"........back in the day they built most of the house.....he fell off the roof of a house on his 75th birthday......

I used to crawl under houses for a living Sir for over 20 years. Now..... I work as hard as you can work and still sit in a chair...

I think you may remember Kenny Senn? He built a LOT of houses over in Maryville. I treated them ALL.

That is why I gave up the heater in my office, I wasn't about to complain about the cold but I was SURE glad I had my long-handles on... ;)

Good afternoon from Burbach, Germany. High temperature reached 61°F in Koblenz. Gorgeous day. Rode out there with two former in-laws.

- Drank way too much last night. Paying for it today.

- Visited another former brother in-law at his place of work -- Metzgerei Boxan. He's a butcher and still cutting meat at age 66.

Wishing y'all a great day. Go Cats!

432772450_10230404788764124_7866986619465283997_n.jpg

I remember when I was in Wiesbaden (I think I spelled that correctly.) a few times.. I was amazed at how they built streets. Watching them lay that street brick by brick. Loved the cart (Bratwurst and pomfritz (Again with the spelling.) I loved that cart... Just terrific food. (Won't go into the beer. I remember cutting a head off a dark beer and holding it in my hand..) (I don't remember anything that night...)

I think the mark back then 1983ish 2 mark 8 or so....

Limited out today on crappie on Green River Lake. Water temp was 53 degrees, warmer than the air. Wind was blowing hard and we saw no other boat on the lake. It’s a tuff job but someone has to do it……
Congrats! Do you fish Cumberland any?

Good morning everyone.

Busy day yesterday. We did all our funeral preplanning. We don't have kids so wanted to get this done before turning 60. We have a CD due Monday and will get everything prepaid for at that time.

I made the mistake of getting my wife to go to a meeting with me last night. She has interest in the subject, but the meeting was pure business and drug out much longer than needed. She'll be a one and done.

Tomorrow's a big day. I hope everyone is in a joyful mood come Sunday morning.

Good morning folks. Last day of winter…My father’s 93rd birthday, a sad one as the family deals with my mother’s serious illness.

I’m heading home early Friday to see them. Quick weekend trip that includes 16 hours of driving round trip.

Lots of work to get done before then. I hope you all have good days.

Good morning all,

Sitting at the doctor's office waiting on a procedure. (Hopefully nothing serious.) Just checks on aches and pains...(I hope.) In any event I am thankful.....

Edit; They didn't do much which is concerning BUT, they may have better procedures now. I have another appointment at 2:40 today to see what is going on....

Last edited:
Congrats! Do you fish Cumberland any?

Good morning everyone.

Busy day yesterday. We did all our funeral preplanning. We don't have kids so wanted to get this done before turning 60. We have a CD due Monday and will get everything prepaid for at that time.

I made the mistake of getting my wife to go to a meeting with me last night. She has interest in the subject, but the meeting was pure business and drug out much longer than needed. She'll be a one and done.

Tomorrow's a big day. I hope everyone is in a joyful mood come Sunday morning.
Fished a lot for strippers there in the 90’s
Plan to start again

I used to crawl under houses for a living Sir for over 20 years. Now..... I work as hard as you can work and still sit in a chair...

I think you may remember Kenny Senn? He built a LOT of houses over in Maryville. I treated them ALL.

That is why I gave up the heater in my office, I wasn't about to complain about the cold but I was SURE glad I had my long-handles on... ;)
Yes, I remember him. You sir was a professional spelunker! I bet.......the truth be told......most on here worked very hard in their lives.......we are old timers that are from a different century..........from what I have gleaned over time while on this board......no one here received any free passes........."earned not given", J.C. I know people on the other board make fun of this quote..............I like it.

Good morning folks. Last day of winter…My father’s 93rd birthday, a sad one as the family deals with my mother’s serious illness.

I’m heading home early Friday to see them. Quick weekend trip that includes 16 hours of driving round trip.

Lots of work to get done before then. I hope you all have good days.
May God bless your Mom and safe travel for you.

For years I made a similar trip from Baltimore to the Bowling Green, KY area. There are a lot of hills and crooks in the road.

Do you guys expect us to believe fisherman?o_O
You better, I got proof. :p

Went out this morning and arrived at Rattler Pond (Ft. Sill) at 0900. Fishing report follows:

Warriocat- 4, Large Mouth Bass-3.

I hooked 7 and landed 4. One of the ones that got away broke the liter that held the hook on. It was putting up a massive fight. Two largest of the day are pictured below with the biggest weighing in at 5.4lbs.
20240320-135048.avif

Went out this morning and arrived at Rattler Pond (Ft. Sill) at 0900. Fishing report follows:

I hooked 7 and landed 4. One of the ones that got away broke the liter that held the hook on. It was putting up a massive fight. Two largest of the day are pictured below with the biggest weighing in at 5.4lbs.
20240320-135048.avif

Had to do a reply to see the picture.....WOW....

One question though, do you expect us to believe that is you??? ;) (The best rebuttal I could think of at the moment...)

20240320-135048.avif
J/K. I too saw them when I hit reply. That's a good one.

Good morning folks.

Today is my younger daughter’s 27th birthday. First day of spring. We thought she was going to be born on the last day of winter, my father’s birthday, but the labor drifted past midnight. That was fortuitous because she is a bright, sunny young woman, much more like spring.

The night she was born Kentucky was playing St. Joes in the NCAA tournament - the 1997 run to the Final Game. I was watching the game on a tv in the delivery room, making more noise than my wife. Deep in the early hours after she was born I walked outside to drive home and pick up some clothes for my wife while she slept and take a shower. And the comet Hale Bopp was blazing like a cold fire in the sky. It was the peak night for it. Quite a memory.

Game night against n tonight. I hope the Cats do as well as 1997. You all have a good day.

Fished a lot for strippers there in the 90’s
Plan to start again
I used to fish for mega strippers down on the Caney Fork River.........it joins the Cumberland River at Carthedge, TN just below the Cordell Hull Dam.........my buddy wouldn't keep anything under 50lbs....... he had a 61 pounder on the wall........I never caught one that big because I wouldn't be able to afford to get it mounted..... 😉

I used to fish for mega strippers down on the Caney Fork River.........it joins the Cumberland River at Carthedge, TN just below the Cordell Hull Dam.........my buddy wouldn't keep anything under 50lbs....... he had a 61 pounder on the wall........I never caught one that big because I wouldn't be able to afford to get it mounted..... 😉

268fdo.jpg

:(

sddefault.jpg

Afternoon, D, well my brackets are busted, had to get that out there early!!! I sure hope we win today, I like this team! I have a question for the D, Kyle Macy wasn't he drafted at the end of his junior year or am I wrong? Seems like I remember him being drafted in hopes of signing him when he graduated. I may be wrong, Mrs. M says I usually am!!! Getting ready to kick back, hopefully don't go to sleep and watch the game in a little while with some popcorn!!!

Cal should probably stay in Pittsburgh, his hometown because he won't be welcomed back in Lexington.

- 2nd longest Final 4 drought since 1942
- longest Elite 8 drought since 1942

They say UK fans have "too high" expectations. Well maybe so BUT, since the last Final 4 in 2015 the Cats have been ranked preseason Top 10, 8 of those 9 years, 6 were Top 5. Only this year's team (and Cal's lowest) was outside at 16. High expectations? Yeah! Why shouldn't we. Results? Squat. Pay the millions and get him out of here. Tired of making excuses. St. Peters? Oakland? Is Jay Wright available?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT