ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from Houston, TX. Currently 64°F with light rain,

Severe thunderstorms in Houston area forced delay of our flight from ATX. Ripple effect throughout UA system. Missed flight to Germany on account of bad weather. Getting out today from Houston and on further to Newark then Germany. They comped me a room.

Last night's game: Ugh!

Gonna shower here in a bit and hopefully locate my lost luggage.

Stay tuned. Wishing y'all a great day.

Good morning folks. Back from my long Saturday hike.

Sloppy, uninspired effort by the Cats last night against a desperate team with a NCAA bid on the line. How much does it matter? We'll find out next week. But a major disappointment, and certainly true for the faithful Cat fans who sacrificed to attend the tournament hoping to make an exciting weekend out of it.

Beautiful, sunny day in the east. Got some chorse to do and then back out to enjoy the weather. Have a good day folks.

Good late morning all,

Been up early but had company already a couple times.

Just cannot fathom this continuing. Ban me, hate me, whatever but Cal has got to go. Too many of these situations annually (All season long) now... Not going to ramp up again for this type ending. Invested too deeply in UK to allow this type of result. This was not on the players. I am no coach but darn I do and have led people a lot of years...

Enjoy your day today. Just not investing emotion into this kind of floor product any longer. Cal has got to go. If UK wins the championship this year, Cal has got to go. The consistency alone states he is not invested in doing his job.... Rant stopped...

Good late morning all,

Been up early but had company already a couple times.

Just cannot fathom this continuing. Ban me, hate me, whatever but Cal has got to go. Too many of these situations annually (All season long) now... Not going to ramp up again for this type ending. Invested too deeply in UK to allow this type of result. This was not on the players. I am no coach but darn I do and have led people a lot of years...

Enjoy your day today. Just not investing emotion into this kind of floor product any longer. Cal has got to go. If UK wins the championship this year, Cal has got to go. The consistency alone states he is not invested in doing his job.... Rant stopped...
I lost faith in Cal several years ago. I still watched or listened to all the games, but quit the pre and post game shows. My final tipping point came with the kneeling episode. I haven't watched a game since. I still care, but in no way will let my entertainment dollars flow in that direction.

Good morning folks.

Another Monday. 67 to go not counting mandatory holidays until I hit 70 and retire. Until then it’ll be my least favorite day. I’ll probably drop dead the first Monday after I quit. (Nah, I’ll be around for a while I think.)

Gonna get warmer today in the east. We had a beautiful Sunday and more warm weather to come.

Last week of the regular basketball season. Whatever happens after that, it has been a treat watching these kids develop and find their college game. Bradshaw, Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards, Z, Sheppard. They’ve all had great moments.

I need to get to work. Have a good day folks.
I retired when I turned 70. I actually enjoyed the science of biological discovery. I was actually paid to determine- and explain the truth i.e. what happened when, where and why?
I'll be 77 soon enough. I enjoy what I do enough that I'll continue to do so at my own time and pace for as long as I am up to it. I worked long enough to draw a small pension at the "atomic plant" near Paducah. At one time they said the average retiree at that plant lived 18 months. I think it is important to keep busy. Of course, the uranium enrichment at the plant brought the average retiree age down some. They said not to eat the animals or fish taken near the plant. They ran city water from Paducah to a small town near the plant because the water was unsafe. They give me a free physical ever so often for having worked there. The last one was last fall.
I'll be 73 in June. One of the assignments included following Cobalt- 60 X-ray protocols. They were strict.

I feel sorry for the poor souls that dish out the money to attend the SEC tournament only to see the Cats lose their first and only game. One guy on RR spent 5K on Wed.-Sun tickets, plane tickets from Houston and hotel. I'd be irritated too. Not to be a downer but since UK's last SEC tourny title in 2018 they've gone 2-5 since. Granted 2020 didn't happen due to Covid but still.....

I retired when I turned 70. I actually enjoyed the science of biological discovery. I was actually paid to determine- and explain the truth i.e. what happened when, where and why?

I'll be 73 in June. One of the assignments included following Cobalt- 60 X-ray protocols. They were strict.
73 in June for me too, Mr. Rooster

Auburn/Florida for the title. Although I can't stand Pearl I'd rather have them win as opposed to the Gators. Doesn't matter at this point. Just waiting patiently for the seedings tomorrow night. Most likely a 4 for the Cats. A 3 would be much better.

Coming up on the 40th anniversary of the UK/Georgetown debacle of 1984. Certainly a Top 5 candidate for most disappointing game in UK history.

Auburn/Florida for the title. Although I can't stand Pearl I'd rather have them win as opposed to the Gators. Doesn't matter at this point. Just waiting patiently for the seedings tomorrow night. Most likely a 4 for the Cats. A 3 would be much better.

Coming up on the 40th anniversary of the UK/Georgetown debacle of 1984. Certainly a Top 5 candidate for most disappointing game in UK history.
I think that UK is a distant 5.

I think that UK is a distant 5.
Personal reasons for me. I'd put it in the top 3 mainly because I had classes with many of them at UK. Didn't really know them but had a bond. One of the best UK teams not to win a title. Al Maguire even said before the season that if they didn't win the title there should be an investigation. Worst half of basketball ever played by UK. All of this IMO of course.

Not with Cow at the helm and Barn Door...
My problem with Cal is that he refuses to make adjustments, in-game and before game. A&M used the exact same game plan that beat the Cats earlier this year. Nothing changed. They drove the lane, got open 3s, etc.. This gives all teams a blueprint. Our bigs just can't handle a physical team. What I wouldn't give right now to have Bam in the middle.

My problem with Cal is that he refuses to make adjustments, in-game and before game. A&M used the exact same game plan that beat the Cats earlier this year. Nothing changed. They drove the lane, got open 3s, etc.. This gives all teams a blueprint. Our bigs just can't handle a physical team. What I wouldn't give right now to have Bam in the middle.

Exactly, he is not coaching. Like it is a deer in the headlights come game time. Just totally sickening the talent that has passed through UK under Cal and literally nothing to show for it. AD and Co. just would not lose. Cal never coached that team either, they were just other worldly in talent at that time.

Me supper the night before last... Just amazing what My Darling can concoct...

432376033_7934041103276067_3332501614662085498_n.jpg

That is an egg (I now you know that. ;)) over rice and kimchi (My Darling makes the kimchi herself and does not over spice it. Just a very pleasing meal...

Edit: Made some fat back and lettuce from her garden...

433611362_7938282282851949_7404095171535690209_n.jpg

432274601_7938286866184824_1842838219673362257_n.jpg

Makes a sesame oil sauce with some garlic and black pepper... makes wraps with them and some turnips... Just edible...

Last edited:
Yes, yes, yes. I didn't get to watch the game closely but I was thinking we're doing the same thing that cost us the game to A&M earlier in the year. I just can't fathom no change at all for this game.

I was "watching" on the phone during my nephew's baseball game. He's 15 and was the starting catcher on the JV game. He did good. I was late for the varsity game, but his varsity team is good. I knew they were working on a shutout (and they did) but found out right after the win that the pitcher threw a No Hitter. Being late and trying to keep up with the UK game caused me to miss out on the excitement.

I'll be 60 in Sept. My wife and I have always been friends with those older than us. We even are part of a hiking group where we're the youngest (by 10 years) and the oldest is...............90. It may not appear like it at first, but I fit in pretty good here. Thanks.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Yes, yes, yes. I didn't get to watch the game closely but I was thinking we're doing the same thing that cost us the game to A&M earlier in the year. I just can't fathom no change at all for this game.

I was "watching" on the phone during my nephew's baseball game. He's 15 and was the starting catcher on the JV game. He did good. I was late for the varsity game, but his varsity team is good. I knew they were working on a shutout (and they did) but found out right after the win that the pitcher threw a No Hitter. Being late and trying to keep up with the UK game caused me to miss out on the excitement.

I'll be 60 in Sept. My wife and I have always been friends with those older than us. We even are part of a hiking group where we're the youngest (by 10 years) and the oldest is...............90. It may not appear like it at first, but I fit in pretty good here. Thanks.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Oh, a young "punk"....

😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT