ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 60°F and cloudy. Today's high may reach 87°F. Slipping on shorts after morning hike.

Cats at Jayhawks yesterday at Round Rock Classic. Herrera and Petre, especially, were MVPs. Herrera hit a triple that drove in 3 runs. After another batter, Petre knocked in a 3-run homer. Good game. Parking = $15. I got great seat behind home plate. Also got a military discount, which I rarely use. Superb weather. Nice way to spend 3 hours supporting Wildcats.

Wishing all an awesome Monday.

National-Pistachio-Day-min.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

47° this morning with a high expected near 90° (whew!).

@AustinTXCat Ahead of the game with pistachios, had them for dinner last night. Was not real hungry so...snacked. We have two big bags of them bought from Sam's a few weeks ago. One of my favorite nuts outside of Steve Martin.

Not much going on this morning other than the normal workout and monster walk. Wife took the day off and probably going to use some more days until we get actual notice of job situation. Still has not received word from her boss as to whether or not hers is going away. Company did not get contract awarded to them this time, so a new company is supposed to take over in May. Maybe they are waiting for that time to see what they will do with her job. She has accumulated over 200hrs of PTO.

You folks stay safe out there and may God watch over your endeavors.

Good morning folks. A beautiful day in the east. Feels like the middle of April.

Hard at work already, but for a Monday things are going well, in part because I am home and can look out on the trees and fields behind my house.

That Cats performance added to a great weekend. Hope you all have a good day.

We got our credit card number stolen again. I'll give Chase credit, they've caught the problem every time. Somebody in northern Ohio charged their utilities (water, electric, internet, phone) plus ordered $110 worth of chicken wings from Grubhub. Total was about $1,000 but we're covered. No loss but damn. I'm taking some really stringent precautions but it takes time. Also thinking about buying some Yubikeys for added security. I use 2-factor authentication for some sites but not all. Our passwords are also going to be a hell of a lot harder to break. Also, I've eliminated all cards that are saved online.
My Chase card gets hit at least once a year........I can't use the cash apps because my card number gets stolen every time that I use it.....Chase is the best at taking care of these situations.....In 2011 we went to England for a few weeks.....before we could make it to London from Gatwick someone stole our number. In two days someone spent over 26,000 dollars on our card.........when we bought our rail pass that person stole/sold our number........two phone calls and a little paper work and it was handled.......of course we were in England for a few weeks without a credit card.......life lessons are important........two credit cards in my pocket.....

Talking about playing music with BBUK made me get horny for my fiddle.....it hadn't been out of the closet for thirty-five years..........it has been rough to say the least........the Director says that at the rate I am going that we probably won't hit our 50th next January if I don't put the fiddle back in the closet.......so in deference to 49 yrs of marriage.....I am going to put the old fiddle away........she did put up with 35-40 yrs of banjo picking.....so it isn't like she isn't understanding.........Uncle Arthritis just won't let my fingers or any other joints move like they used to......

Going to kick back in about 30 minutes and watch Eldorado with John Wayne and Robert Mitchem. Was just flipping through the remote on Pluto a few minutes ago and ran across it in the Westerns channel at 4:15 est.
Mitchum was different to say the least. He ran away from home several times, the first at 11. He lived with several different family members. He was expelled from high school for fighting. He was a hobo, was arrested as a vagrant and spent time on a Georgia chain gang. he also had a nervous breakdown. He was also a pro boxer.

Last edited:
Going to kick back in about 30 minutes and watch Eldorado with John Wayne and Robert Mitchem. Was just flipping through the remote on Pluto a few minutes ago and ran across it in the Westerns channel at 4:15 est.

I'm wit ya.... Just because you mentioned it. An hour or two later but here it goes... MP4...

The D-League and John Wayne.... CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!

200w.gif

429908124_7861001980579980_415919684630970038_n.jpg

429905393_7861004490579729_1164219518424782518_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Warming later to 83°F.

@cordmaker : Made eggs with Campari tomatoes over white rice last light. Added salt. sugar, garlic and avocado oil. Turned out well.

430028078_10230302614129822_8914091117600443537_n.jpg

Cats at MissSt. Bulldogs, tonight at 6 CT. Go Cats!

Wishing y'all a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Big chance for the Cats tonight. I hope they’ve found that consistency they’ve been searching for. No way they can shoot like they did against Alabama —no team could. But just get close to that.

Beautiful moon this morning when I was out for a walk. It was glowing on the small lake I pass and some ducks were landing in the light.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Warming later to 83°F.

@cordmaker : Made eggs with Campari tomatoes over white rice last light. Added salt. sugar, garlic and avocado oil. Turned out well.

430028078_10230302614129822_8914091117600443537_n.jpg

Cats at MissSt. Bulldogs, tonight at 6 CT. Go Cats!

Wishing y'all a great day.
Love tomatoes with my eggs for breakfast!!! Also apples with peanut butter on it!😂😂😂😂

Solid road opponent, now is the time to start a run and be clicking for the NCAA tourney.

Cats are a 3.5 point underdog.

Miss St. are winners of 5 in a row, just beat LSU by 20.
Seems like they are the ones peaking at the right time.

Edited: Just checked out who their opponents were and all 5 are sub .500 in the SEC right now. Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas, and Missouri. All near the bottom of the SEC so...

Last edited:
Good morning D. Today is our anniversary, 26 years! I can't say enough about her, she's a great wife, wonderful grandmother (SuSu). To the mother part, she came into my family when she could have said, I want no part of this, my kids consider her as their mother, not steps mom. She's the glue that has held our family together through some very hard times. To sum it up, I ask GOD to please send me someone that would love my children as much as me and HE answered my prayer! PS, I really think she loves them more than me!!! Have a great day D, prayers for my friends!!

Good morning D. Today is our anniversary, 26 years! I can't say enough about her, she's a great wife, wonderful grandmother (SuSu). To the mother part, she came into my family when she could have said, I want no part of this, my kids consider her as their mother, not steps mom. She's the glue that has held our family together through some very hard times. To sum it up, I ask GOD to please send me someone that would love my children as much as me and HE answered my prayer! PS, I really think she loves them more than me!!! Have a great day D, prayers for my friends!!
Congratulations to you and the wife.

Congrats Sir, I am thankful for you as well. I do enjoy families, they are important and God-sent.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but earlier this year I posted UK's record under Calipari when behind at the half and it was terrible. Can't remember the numbers now but it was not good and since I posted it he has not won this year when behind at the half if I am not mistaken. Every freaking time I think we have turned the corner... I should know better. This is who we are under Calipari. I am hoping this post is the one that makes me eat crow.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but earlier this year I posted UK's record under Calipari when behind at the half and it was terrible. Can't remember the numbers now but it was not good and since I posted it he has not won this year when behind at the half if I am not mistaken. Every freaking time I think we have turned the corner... I should know better. This is who we are under Calipari. I am hoping this post is the one that makes me eat crow.

I am literally sickened at what this coach has done to this program. So much with so very little success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT