ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Saturday Day Morning

Game Day, I am glad the game is early because I have a few things to do later this afternoon. This is a big game for the Cats as they can not afford a loss at Georgia. I feel it is a must win and they can't slip up.

Temperature is 66° and the high should reach 81°. We have a system coming off of the Gulf that may bring a few thunderstorms this afternoon. There is a small craft advisory.

Nice catch, the Old Timers could reel them in. A day's catch? No limit in those days.

iu

Trust all are well
Ahhhmmmm fishing

Homer-Simpson-Drooling-2.gif

This loss may have sealed UK's fate. I see at least 3 more losses before the SEC tournament. No way can this team string together 4 games to win it either. NIT bound I'm afraid unless they make a miraculous turnaround. Been waiting all season. Please prove me wrong Cats. I'll be happy to eat my words.

This loss may have sealed UK's fate. I see at least 3 more losses before the SEC tournament. No way can this team string together 4 games to win it either. NIT bound I'm afraid unless they make a miraculous turnaround. Been waiting all season. Please prove me wrong Cats. I'll be happy to eat my words.
Exactly.

In the first half Wallace makes a turnover. Cal takes him out and UGA gets a 10 point lead at the half.

Cal starts Wallace in the second half and he ends up getting a paltry 5 points. I know that we had two players out but Cal played too many minutes without a point guard. I sometimes think that he is on some distant planet and coaches in a damned vacuum.

Enough of the bitching. But I bet that Mississippi State beats the Cats. Sorry to be so negative, but this team is not very good.

There is a really good possibility that Wallace will not come back next year because of the bad coaching he has received.

Sadly, the only game I feel fairly confident in going forward is the Vanderbilt game.

Exactly.

In the first half Wallace makes a turnover. Cal takes him out and UGA gets a 10 point lead at the half.

Cal starts Wallace in the second half and he ends up getting a paltry 5 points. I know that we had two players out but Cal played too many minutes without a point guard. I sometimes think that he is on some distant planet and coaches in a damned vacuum.

Enough of the bitching. But I bet that Mississippi State beats the Cats. Sorry to be so negative, but this team is not very good.

There is a really good possibility that Wallace will not come back next year because of the bad coaching he has received.

Sir,

I don't take this as negative, just the sad, sorry truth.😡

So many expectations for this season especially after the Bahamas. Granted the competition was sub-par but UK wasn't playing with a full healthy roster either. What happened? On paper this team should have been better than last year's team. The players coming in were better than the players going out. Now, in mid-February they're getting worse each game. Chemistry problems? Coaching? No fire in the belly? I could go on and on. My guess is that the Cats are just too easy to scout. Frustrating season regardless of the cause.

I can't link on this device, but a Palm Coast Florida man shot and killed a hotel employee in nearby Paducah this morning. He assaulted a couple in the parking lot because they would not give him a cigarette lighter. Then he entered the motel and shot and killed a female employee. He fired at others who locked themselves in their rooms. He was arrested at the scene.

I can't link on this device, but a Palm Coast Florida man shot and killed a hotel employee in nearby Paducah this morning. He assaulted a couple in the parking lot because they would not give him a cigarette lighter. Then he entered the motel and shot and killed a female employee. He fired at others who locked themselves in their rooms. He was arrested at the scene.
Terrible news. So many sick people in the world today.

??

I hope Kentucky has and will use the death penalty. Taxpayers of Kentucky should not pay for this man existence the rest of his life. End it

This is more my style for eating and presidents. Ronald Regean ate here. The original (and the only one I've tried) is in Sikeston. A lot of ball players from St Louis go down to Sikeston try it. The home of the throwed roll.

We stop there every year when we are headed to Arkansas trout fishing

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Mild weather expected today with 66° as a high and light to moderate winds.

Going to a super bowl party with my softball team as I do every year and will enjoy it better than last year (less stress as the Bengals are no longer in it).

I have settled into a calmer state these past few years in relation to UK basketball when you consider the performance in the last couple of decades. The last 5 or 6 years of Tubby, the 2 years of Gillispie, and the last 4-5 years of Calipari have shown these days the program has lost much of its luster. I have gotten used to the failures and am now a lot calmer during game time and when we lose (much to the delight of my wife and daughter).

Well folks, enjoy your day. For those battling illness, prayers for a speedy recovery and to everyone God Bless.

Good Sunday Morning

I guess I have thought about and talked enough about the poor state of my basketball team. I am convinced they have the talent to do much much better but it takes more than that to rise to the top.

We had some "thunderous" thunder storms last night. The kind that shakes the ground but most of the clouds have rolled away this morning and I can see the light of day. But we do have some wind outside that is a steady 22mph and gusts to 40 or 50. The palm trees are singing. 63° at the moment and it will climb to 64° by noon and then drop into the 50's around 6:00 PM. Only a 4 or 5% chance of rain. It did that last night and lots of it

Take care all and keep the faith on this the Lord's Day. I am thankful.

iu

Good morning from ATX. Currently 33°F and clear here in North Austin. Possibility for a high of 67°F later today.

Could Wheeler and CJ have mad a difference against UGA yesterday? It's a question I cannot answer.

Been up since 4 am. Keeping it short this this morning because installing new SSD drive on another laptop.

Wishing y'all all the best on this fine Sunday.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday.

and last but certainly not least:

FLYREwyXwAIBXwV.jpg

@AustinTXCat any nausea yet? If not you are one tough dude. I am going to have to be nicer to you to make sure I don't piss you off! :)

It is 40°F here and mostly cloudy, thin clouds but they block the sun.

I am still down on the basketball team; however, I will not have to worry about them losing to a 15 seed! Sometimes you just gotta look on the bright side.

I look forward to my 57th Super Bowl with my wife of 57 years. Sherry and I had been married not quite five months when it happened. We watched it on Eddie and Lauretta Greene's big 19" black and white TV. Ours was only 17".

Have a great Sunday fellows.

@AustinTXCat any nausea yet? If not you are one tough dude. I am going to have to be nicer to you to make sure I don't piss you off! :)

I am still down on the basketball team; however, I will not have to worry about them losing to a 15 seed! Sometimes you just gotta look on the bright side.

I look forward to my 57th Super Bowl with my wife of 57 years. Sherry and I had been married not quite five months when it happened. We watched it on Eddie and Lauretta Greene's big 19" black and white TV. Ours was only 17".

I watched the First Super Bowl while in the U.S. Army stationed at Ft Knox. Somebody brought in a TV with rabbit ears. It was probably a 17" or 18". Black and white but we sure had fun. I guess about 10 men gathered around it in the Orderly Room. I was in charge of quarters that weekend.

That was when we had the NFL vs AFL.

Thanks for asking, Bert. No nausea, but rather drowsy. Find myself nodding off every now and then.

Good late morning D-League.

Glad to hear no nausea for you Austin. Hang in there.

Felt like Kentucky's season died yesterday - if it wasn't dead already. I'm not willing to waste much emotional energy on it.

Cool and cloudy in the east.

And it is Super Bowl Day. Don't have a lot of interest in it. But by an odd circumstance, I have one daughter in each of the Super Bowl cities today.

My older daughter who teaches at KU is married to a big Chiefs' fan. They live in a Kansas City suburb, and today are hanging at one of the big Chiefs' sports bars in the city.

My younger daughter who lives in DC now, without giving the SB any thought, had decided to spend the weekend in Philadelphia with her college roommate who has a job there. The roommate now runs with a crowd of 20-somethings in Philly and they are all going to watch the game at a big Eagles sports bar in that city.

I'll watch from home with my wife half paying attention. I guess I'll root for the Eagles just because this running feud between my Bengals and the Chiefs have turned me off them in a big way. This should have been Burrow's year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT