ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

329169553_590718612900852_5391038555086304676_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 37°F and clear with a light wind out of the northwest. We should warm to 58°F. Morning walk might be little chilly.

Third day of chemo complete. My monster, steroid-induced appetite remains intact. Radiation treatment begins next Wednesday. Real test comes then. Stay tuned.

Got together with former engineering colleagues at Buffalo Wild Wings last night. Lots of fun celebrating and discussing old times. I really needed it. May hit up Oktoberfest in Germany with them.

Modern problems: This past Thursday, trash man picked up our trash and lost our can in his truck his truck. SOB! Wife called city. City services are supposed to bring us a new can today, but I'm not waiting around. Plan on emptying full bag in one of many dumpsters down the street later this morning.

Game Day. Plan on tuning in after return from errands later this morning. Go CATS!

Wishing all y'all a happy, enjoyable super awesome day!

National-Peppermint-Patty-Day-February-11.jpg.webp

SC, I have a sister and brother in law staying in Clearwater for a month
We expect good weather over the month. Baseball Spring training starts soon so if they like baseball maybe they would want like to take in a game. Or practice . The Philadelphia Phillies have been in Clearwater for 77 years.

Spectrum Stadium is right off U.S. 19. Easy to get to.

iu

Last edited:
Good morning,

I feel like Jethro, up with the chickens. Took my daughter to Dulles for her flight to SA.

Taking a few days with her friends.......on a cruise.

The BB is with My Darling.

I'm getting ready to start reading "Think Like a Champion..."

Haven't read but 20 pages of "The Art of the Deal..." but that book is in my office next to My Darlings room. I don't want to wake them but they will be rousing around shortly anyway ....

I need a pan of biscuits....

Good morning folks. Out in the woods, checking things out. I just walked into a small flock —six or eight —brightly colored bluebirds. Maybe it’ll be an omen for the Big Blue. Damn. I hope so.

Should be a nice weekend. My wife and I have reservations for a pre-Valentine dinner at a restaurant in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington. It’s a place Bill Clinton favored and he was no amateur when it came to eats. My wife and I first went there as a couple back when we first started going out in the late 1980s and it’s been a favorite through the years.

I hope you all have a good weekend planned.

Good Saturday Day Morning

Game Day, I am glad the game is early because I have a few things to do later this afternoon. This is a big game for the Cats as they can not afford a loss at Georgia. I feel it is a must win and they can't slip up.

Temperature is 66° and the high should reach 81°. We have a system coming off of the Gulf that may bring a few thunderstorms this afternoon. There is a small craft advisory.

Nice catch, the Old Timers could reel them in. A day's catch? No limit in those days.

iu

Trust all are well

Good morning folks. Out in the woods, checking things out. I just walked into a small flock —six or eight —brightly colored bluebirds. Maybe it’ll be an omen for the Big Blue. Damn. I hope so.

Should be a nice weekend. My wife and I have reservations for a pre-Valentine dinner at a restaurant in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington. It’s a place Bill Clinton favored and he was no amateur when it came to eats. My wife and I first went there as a couple back when we first started going out in the late 1980s and it’s been a favorite through the years.

I hope you all have a good weekend planned.

Cool,

I haven't been to many functions in a lot of years but I've been invited along with My Darling to a 50th Military Dinner/Dance at some fancy joint in DC near the end of April...we shall see...

Biscuits in the oven. I can't bake a pan without thinking of my Aunt Mildred and how effortlessly she sculpted the most beautiful and tasty biscuits imaginable every day.

I use a baking cutter (I guess that's what they call the device you chop in your butter and crisco shortening.) My Aunt did everything by hand with at most a fork as I remember.

I can make a pan of biscuits well but my Aunt did it in half the time and with less mess.

I and My Darling are satisfied with what I produce. My Darling rarely eats bread but she enjoys my biscuits... I am thankful.

I sure love laughing. It doeth good like a medicine. It IS a medicine. That is strictly biblical... Jerry Clower used that line in his shows...

This is more my style for eating and presidents. Ronald Regean ate here. The original (and the only one I've tried) is in Sikeston. A lot of ball players from St Louis go down to Sikeston try it. The home of the throwed roll.

This is more my style for eating and presidents. Ronald Regean ate here. The original (and the only one I've tried) is in Sikeston. A lot of ball players from St Louis go down to Sikeston try it. The home of the throwed roll.

Sir,

My four years of military service was served under President Reagan. I am thankful.

Last edited:
I made'em, I ate'em (At least a good portion.)

329516947_722752342566775_1770458417418355598_n.jpg

I remember them from the best biscuit maker I've ever known.(Mine pale in comparison but they are edible.).. My Aunt Mildred (That is her son's daughter Lorie of my cousin Wayne (He died before his Mom (My Aunt) did at about 53 (Wayne was to state the least a real heck raiser in the Middlesboro area for a whole lot of years.), Lorie is my second cousin, her and her sister Peggy. (My Aunt has another son, Laymon, a preacher in Georgia somewhere the last I heard. About eight to ten years older than me.) My Aunt was a fine Christian woman as well (I attended many services with her in Middlesboro.)(She passed away while living in Harrogate.)

329427408_691188259421398_8899544607617403014_n.jpg

Last edited:
Down 10 at the half to a Georgia team and a school where basketball is third tier. No excuse for this if you are wearing a Kentucky uniform.

Maybe they will wake up and play ball in the second half. This is turning out to be a must win per the experts.

We are so pathetic. I took Georgia as a +8.5 point underdog. Easiest bet in college basketball this year has been betting against Coach Cal against the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT