ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

84dd8a19e80dcd3eda616fcb8c773e27.gif

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

22° this morning with moderate winds and a high in the low 30's expected. Late afternoon expecting freezing rain that is supposed to continue through the night. That was supposed to happen Monday night but...we will see.

Decent game last night and as someone said, "A win is a win" and I will take it. Did fall asleep during the last 6 minutes of the game because I knew we were going to hold on because my prediction in Old Red's prediction thread was UK-75/Ole Miss 67.
tenor.gif

Put me on top (for now) in the SEC games predictions leader board.

Good morning everyone.

We didn't get too much snow here and driveway is still mostly clear. It's still right at 32. Sometimes it's colder at higher elevations but sometimes it's warmer.

Great game by Reeves. Oscar, Toppin, Livingston played to their expectations. Wheeler did good offensively for the most part, not so much defensively. CJ disappeared. We had a few needed minutes from some subs.

Wildlife Wednesday....where's Waldo?
1402360_3671061552158_265713176_o.jpg

Good morning folks.

Woke up with about an inch of snow on the ground tha had not been forecast. Pretty.

Glad the Cats got a win. At this point of the season, all you can do is grind ahead, hope to keep getting better, and then surprise people in the tournament from the position of a badly seeded team.

Hope it is a good day for all of you.

Morning folks.

Roads where worse in Lexington this morning but they had school. SMH
Grinded out that tough win last night against mighty 9-13 Mississippi.
Zero faith this team wins the SEC tourney, let alone a natty.
Don't see them gelling into something that changes my mind.

No football this weekend. What do I do?

9 games left. Halfway through the SEC schedule (6-3). I just checked out the remaining games and it's somewhat favorable for the Cats. I still see some losses probably to UT at home and road losses to Florida and Arkansas. I feel semi-confident about the other 6 games. That should be enough to secure a low NCAA seed. I will agree with Matt Jones. Seeding won't be as important this year given the parity of college basketball. No real clear cut favorites.

Last edited:
Morning folks.

Pro Bowl this Sunday if you count that.

The only thing that would make the Pro Bowl flag football game a must see is if their wives or a model of their choice played for them in really flattering uniforms.
lol that would be very watchable.

In the bear pic on this page there are 3 of them. I think you were the one who looked for a bear that wasn't there on another post. See if you can find the 3rd.

Thanks, @AustinTXCat
I've got family down there right now that I'll need to check in on. Haven't been following the news at all.

Looked at the stats post game last night and saw that we shot 50% from 3 and thought "awesome!" Then I noticed ONE guy got us there or it was otherwise a horrendous shooting night. A little shocked, but not TOO shocked
CJ simply can't get it together. I can't believe he has been this ineffective all year.

CJ simply can't get it together. I can't believe he has been this ineffective all year.
CJ and I had identical stat lines last night, except I didn't have a turnover and miss two shots and he didn't watch the game from an adjustable bed.

He's let the mental part of the game overwhelm him. He's like that Cowboys kicker who missed five straight extra points right now.

Sad, because the CATS cannot be an effective team without two perimeter shooters nailing shots. It takes the pressure off Oscar., opens up driving lanes for Wallace and gives Toppin some room to maneuver.

My little brother moved to Lakeland in 2017. He also serves as a junior exec for Publix. Now he owns 3 houses

Personally speaking, I love Lakeland area. First house my little brother purchased was a 1925 remodel. Old Lakeland is just so rustic. Many old-timers told me during my visits Lakeland reminds them of old Orlando before Disney invaded.

City is aptly named. Numerous lakes all over that town. Home prices may be a bit cheaper. Little brother go married and moved to Plant City

Not sure if it is now but Lakeland used to be the home of the Detroit Tigers spring training...

Morning folks.

Watch a soccer match... (I won't but somebody should...)

Take a Gander at Storm's stash...

His picture...

20786052_10203664557251482_1260165776305539788_o.jpg

Now look a little closer... Storm was angry and was deciding whether or not he was going to tackle that Bear sniffing his homebrew... (Heck, it may have been the Bears homebrew but doesn't matter...)

328444147_689948856173911_3804466822934135566_n.jpg

This is the kind of picture Storm didn't want you to see but it was close to this... (But a Bear...)

happy-gilmore-gif-15.gif

😁

I thought you might like hot peppers. Some of the hotest foods I have consumed has been Asian food. When a Chinese restaurant says hot on the menu, believe it. It will clear your sinuses. And that is good.

I love the heat.

Sir,

My Darling uses many of the various peppers but the amount she uses augments the flavors versus an over bearing amount.

When she cooks she never makes things so hot the heat takes away from the food. She started that when we married and also realized that in moderation they were great but she had stomach issues and I am more of the black pepper variety of hot. (Like many others though but at about that spiciness. Yes I am thankful..

I think this evenings supper is going to consist of a bagel or muffin toasted and an egg or two for a couple of egg sandwiches. (Hopefully just one but I am actually hungry for the first time in days.. ;))

When we hit the Asian restaurants (There are bunches around here.) I stay away from their brand of spicy. ;)

Take a Gander at Storm's stash...

His picture...

20786052_10203664557251482_1260165776305539788_o.jpg

Now look a little closer... Storm was angry and was deciding whether or not he was going to tackle that Bear sniffing his homebrew... (Heck, it may have been the Bears homebrew but doesn't matter...)

328444147_689948856173911_3804466822934135566_n.jpg

This is the kind of picture Storm didn't want you to see but it was close to this... (But a Bear...)

happy-gilmore-gif-15.gif

😁
I can't remember what was in the bottle, but they do love pop and they do love chewing on bottles or anything for that matter.

How's it go... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😁

(Oh, had another bottle before that one huh? Can't remember...a first sign...)

(I'd of tackled that Bear too...) 😅
Yep. I can say I've never fought a bear but I have chased one (probably the one in the above pic) around the house in shorts, no shirt or shoes and only a broom in my hand. lol True story.

In that above pic the white pipe (PVC) is actually a feeder. I had to quit feeding near the house because of that pesky little bear there. I miss seeing all the deer/turkeys etc. close by.

Edit: I understand your sense of humor very well as I do the same thing at times. That's why I don't usually humor you with a response. :D

I can't remember what was in the bottle, but they do love pop and they do love chewing on bottles or anything for that matter.
When I was a kid many many years ago, we went to the Smokies. There was a roadside store with a bear in a cage. Part of the attraction was buy the bear a soda and watch him drink it. Lots of soda bottles in and around the cage.

Yep. I can say I've never fought a bear but I have chased one (probably the one in the above pic) around the house in shorts, no shirt or shoes and only a broom in my hand. lol True story.

In that above pic the white pipe (PVC) is actually a feeder. I had to quit feeding near the house because of that pesky little bear there. I miss seeing all the deer/turkeys etc. close by.

Edit: I understand your sense of humor very well as I do the same thing at times. That's why I don't usually humor you with a response. :D
I think my ex-wife chased one with a broom too, only she was flying on hers.

Jerk... (But a nice jerk...) 😁
Being the new guy here I've been on my bestest behavior. You may soon find a time when you want to erase the last 4 words above.

For anyone who wants to go back and find the last bear...follow the right tree up on the right side to the top of the picture. That's my treestand with a burlap cover. At the very top you can see my shooting rail (horizontal bar) and above it you can see part of the cub. He's in my stand and no doubt chewing up a cushion or causing other problems.

ADVERTISEMENT