ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I worked out my gym schedule for next week. I will work out 3 days, M W F

Monday: Work on chest, back, lats, core and 30 min cardio
Wednesday: Biceps, triceps, shoulder and 30 minute cardio
Friday: Quads, Hams, Calves and 30 minute cardio

I am ready to go. My goal is to be solid and flexible if and when I hit my 80th birthday in July. Keep moving

Good morning from ATX. Currently 37°F, cloudy and windy. Drizzle coming down; however, roads should remain dry, We may remain in the 30s all of today. I'll ponder if I should cancel my usual morning walk or not.

Bengals-Chiefs game: Heart-breaker. Read Joseph Ossai took the loss hard. On the other hand, Bengals head couch strongly maintains loss came down to other factors, like second TO TO. I believe head coach, Zac Taylor.

Be proud, Bengals fans. Team now ranks among elite teams in the NFL. Two consecutive AFC championship game appearances. Not an easy task.

Gonna start work in a few. Wishing y'all a great beginning to the week and a wonderful Monday.

croissant.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 37°F, cloudy and windy. Drizzle coming down; however, roads should remain dry, We may remain in the 30s all of today. I'll ponder if I should cancel my usual morning walk or not.

Bengals-Chiefs game: Heart-breaker. Read Joseph Ossai took the loss hard. On the other hand, Bengals head couch strongly maintains loss came down to other factors, like second TO TO. I believe head coach, Zac Taylor.

Be proud, Bengals fans. Team now ranks among elite teams in the NFL. Two consecutive AFC championship game appearances. Not an easy task.

Gonna start work in a few. Wishing y'all a great beginning to the week and a wonderful Monday.

croissant.jpg
Glad we have something edible today, that crossword piece was tough chewing yesterday!!!!

Good morning D-League.

Well, the weekend was tough on Cats and Bengals fans. The Bengals losing the way they did especially made for lots of tossing and turning last night. From my 93-year old father to my 23-year-old son, we were pretty deeply invested this year.

Back to work on a cold, dark and dreary Monday. No time to dwell on a disappointment. A good cup of coffee will put me right.

Hope all of you get the week off to a good start.

Last edited:
Good Morning D

Tough loss for Bengal fans. Mistakes and penalties, a few I thought were questionable doomed Cincinnati. The chance was there to win .

Currently 60° and the high will be 84° with sunshine. 3% chance of rain.

I am looking forward to my work out this morning. Yes mam' I will have the second cup of coffee, thank you very much.

iu

Last edited:
Good morning folks. It is a misty 43.0°F here with a 30% chance of rain and a high of 44.

I watched the complete Cincy game last night. If I had avoided it Cincy probably would have won. I will watch the Super Bowl game because I have never missed one, but I will be rooting for KC and I will assure Phily's win.

Keep the faith D-League UK may win a few more games and maybe get into the NCAA. I used to not worry about UK getting into the dance but not anymore. Worse still is last year UK was a 2 seed and gets knocked out in the first round. GEEZE.

Good morning folks. It is a misty 43.0°F here with a 30% chance of rain and a high of 44.

I watched the complete Cincy game last night. If I had avoided it Cincy probably would have won. I will watch the Super Bowl game because I have never missed one, but I will be rooting for KC and I will assure Phily's win.

Keep the faith D-League UK may win a few more games and maybe get into the NCAA. I used to not worry about UK getting into the dance but not anymore. Worse still is last year UK was a 2 seed and gets knocked out in the first round. GEEZE.
I got the feeling my watching the whole game and rooting for the Bengals (because of the D) lost the game. I felt like Cincinnati may pull it out the last minutes but too many mistakes, QB sacks and questionable calls doomed them.

The Eagles look solid and KC comes in beat up.

Get well BBUK, is a virus going around up there? This Florida sun would do you good.

Yes Sir,

A virus going around the BB's daycare I suspect and MY dumb arse drinking a ton more than I should have. I doubt I would have got as sick had I not splurged on the Spiced Rum.... I knew better and should have stopped at one or at most two... Four whipped me and I deserved it. The virus though was real as the BB, me, My Darling, and my youngest got it in that order.

I am able to wear a fitbit again and a heart rate that stays around 70 while resting raced at around 105 until this morning when I woke up for work. That is a scary situation... again self-inflicted... :( :mad:

What really caused me anguish.... I went to church this past Sunday morning with a "hangover"... Yeah, I have been ashamed ever since.. They say confession is good for the soul... I confess...

Yes Sir,

A virus going around the BB's daycare I suspect and MY dumb arse drinking a ton more than I should have. I doubt I would have got as sick had I not splurged on the Spiced Rum.... I knew better and should have stopped at one or at most two... Four whipped me and I deserved it. The virus though was real as the BB, me, My Darling, and my youngest got it in that order.

I am able to wear a fitbit again and a heart rate that stays around 70 while resting raced at around 105 until this morning when I woke up for work. That is a scary situation... again self-inflicted... :( :mad:

What really caused me anguish.... I went to church this past Sunday morning with a "hangover"... Yeah, I have been ashamed ever since.. They say confession is good for the soul... I confess...
Yes we all need to take it to the Lord once in a while. It is good for the soul as they say.
I certainly fall into that category.

amen-to-that-unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt.gif

Yes Sir,

I have a quick cure for you:

3dcc459263a6fa19746ffd52c87d8999.gif

I used to have a friend who was a UK grad (maybe early-mid sixties). He was about 5'10 and 340 or so. He claims he was the UK beer chugging champion. He could take a long neck beer bottle in each side of his mouth and chug both at the same time. Don't know about the champ thing, but he could put away excessive amounts of beer.

I drank beer in my day Sir. Normally it is now one. Maybe every couple of weeks or so, two in a sitting. Back when I was drinking I had other motivations in mind. (Of the MdW variety...) My drinking motivations were targeted. (Did do some serious partying though at times.)

I did some calculating Just a guesstimate as I really don't want to look at the bottle. (I drank about 15 or so ounces of 70 proof... Just dumb...)

I read on Rafters that UK is 5-15 in the last 20 games played against Top 25 teams. That is hard to believe. It might be easier if it was Top 5 but Top 25? I am not sure this has happened in many years, if ever.

The Cats must be more focused on trying to win some of these games. They define a program. Beating cupcakes gives you wins but if you only win 20% of Top 25 you have a problem if you are Kentucky. Maybe this can be overlooked at Mississippi but we are not Mississippi and need to stop playing like we are.

I haven't gone back to look this up so it might just be an internet rumor. I hope it is.

I read on Rafters that UK is 5-15 in the last 20 games played against Top 25 teams. That is hard to believe. It might be easier if it was Top 5 but Top 25? I am not sure this has happened in many years, if ever.

The Cats must be more focused on trying to win some of these games. They define a program. Beating cupcakes gives you wins but if you only win 20% of Top 25 you have a problem if you are Kentucky. Maybe this can be overlooked at Mississippi but we are not Mississippi and need to stop playing like we are.

I haven't gone back to look this up so it might just be an internet rumor. I hope it is.

Sadly, I do not think it is a rumor Sir. The TN game is the last game I remember other than KU and UNC last year early. I would have to look but that is the smell test version... :( 🤮

I drank beer in my day Sir. Normally it is now one. Maybe every couple of weeks or so, two in a sitting. Back when I was drinking I had other motivations in mind. (Of the MdW variety...) My drinking motivations were targeted. (Did do some serious partying though at times.)

I did some calculating Just a guesstimate as I really don't want to look at the bottle. (I drank about 15 or so ounces of 70 proof... Just dumb...)
I worked at a bowling alley for about three years while in college. It had a lounge attached. During the city tournament one year, this guy was standing on the approach getting ready to start. He passed out drunk right there on the approach. There was another kid, just turned 21. They got him drunk and set up some pins on the dance floor of the lounge and he played a human bowling ball numerous times. This same guy was about 5'11 and 130 pounds soaking wet. He was "in love" with a waitress at a lounge down the street and wanted to be near her, so he somehow became a bouncer at that lounge. He came in the bowling alley a couple of days later looking like he was run over by a dump drunk. He had tried to bounce someone and they bounced back.

I was purging some digital photo files and came across a photo I though might interest Warrior, Austin, a few others. This was taken by me on the first day of the Ground War during Desert Storm, 2/91. It's an M-109 self-propelled gun, as some of you know. We were told by troops in the area it was hit with Friendly Fire from an A-10. I was never able to confirm that. Something ele could have happened - mine, accidental misfire maybe...But later that day we drove up on two British APC that had definitely been destroyed by friendly fire, killing most of the crews. That much VII Corps armor, moving fast into enemy territory, with close air support, some FF was inevitable. But the Army wasn't keen on that getting out.

I was purging some digital photo files and came across a photo I though might interest Warrior, Austin, a few others. This was taken by me on the first day of the Ground War during Desert Storm, 2/91. It's an M-109 self-propelled gun, as some of you know. We were told by troops in the area it was hit with Friendly Fire from an A-10. I was never able to confirm that. Something ele could have happened - mine, accidental misfire maybe...But later that day we drove up on two British APC that had definitely been destroyed by friendly fire, killing most of the crews. That much VII Corps armor, moving fast into enemy territory, with close air support, some FF was inevitable. But the Army wasn't keen on that getting out.
We had Automatic grenade launchers. If you put the right numbers in, it would launch them approximately where you told it. We had someone put the wrong numbers in and hit our own bomb dump. Luckily in landed in the road. If it had hit the wrong bunker...

Crazy stuff for sure...

Kind of on topic but off topic...

I was at a promotion ceremony for an E-7 today to MSG (Via video due to an urgent issue at home.). In any event this soldier I found out during the reading of her bio earned the Purple Heart.

This soldier and one of her counterparts as I was leaving today before the ceremony. (We met casually when I arrived and have been on several calls.) The one soldier commented to me "Nice haircut". I thanked them and stated My wife has been cutting my hair for 35 years. The other soldier stated "So she cuts it just like you want it, and almost in unison the soldier that was to be promoted and I stated together, "No, she cuts it they way SHE wants it." (Nice young ladies) Not quite a GI haircut but not far off either...

I'd rather be around soldiers (Current or prior.) than most anyone and they confirmed my feelings again.

Crazy stuff for sure...

Kind of on topic but off topic...

I was at a promotion ceremony for an E-7 today to MSG (Via video due to an urgent issue at home.). In any event this soldier I found out during the reading of her bio earned the Purple Heart.

This soldier and one of her counterparts as I was leaving today before the ceremony. (We met casually when I arrived and have been on several calls.) The one soldier commented to me "Nice haircut". I thanked them and stated My wife has been cutting my hair for 35 years. The other soldier stated "So she cuts it just like you want it, and almost in unison the soldier that was to be promoted and I stated together, "No, she cuts it they way SHE wants it." (Nice young ladies) Not quite a GI haircut but not far off either...

I'd rather be around soldiers (Current or prior.) than most anyone and they confirmed my feelings again.
Back while I was still in the Army at Ft. Sill not long before retirement, I was invited to another guy's dojo and was preparing for sparring on a Friday night. Scheduled the next day was a seminar at the Lawton Coliseum by Bill "Superfoot" Wallace". While I was sitting in a chair putting on my foot pads someone sat down in the chair next to me to put on pads. While he was putting on his pads, he said to me: "Nice haircut" I turned and looked, and it was Bill Wallace. I laughed and told him I was in the Army. He thanked me for my service, and we just chatted about the military for a few minutes because he had spent some time in the Army and served 2 tours in Vietnam. I found out that he and the guy who owned this dojo were old friends and he just wanted to get some exercise in before the next day's seminar. I have a picture of me and him somewhere that I will have to find and post here at another time.

Back while I was still in the Army at Ft. Sill not long before retirement, I was invited to another guy's dojo and was preparing for sparring on a Friday night. Scheduled the next day was a seminar at the Lawton Coliseum by Bill "Superfoot" Wallace". While I was sitting in a chair putting on my foot pads someone sat down in the chair next to me to put on pads. While he was putting on his pads, he said to me: "Nice haircut" I turned and looked, and it was Bill Wallace. I laughed and told him I was in the Army. He thanked me for my service, and we just chatted about the military for a few minutes because he had spent some time in the Army and served 2 tours in Vietnam. I found out that he and the guy who owned this dojo were old friends and he just wanted to get some exercise in before the next day's seminar. I have a picture of me and him somewhere that I will have to find and post here at another time.

Got to hold you to that WC... Not that I don't believe you at all. Just really liked watching Bill fight and perform. I remember watching him fight it seems a lot when I was younger. What a kick that guy had... My brother was into Tae Kwon Do at the time and I was infatuated with the martial arts. I never went deeply into it though I still do some slight workouts from things I remember. I am planning on buying a heavy bag soon so I can keep my legs in better shape. (My upper body too but I need the kicks. Never had good legs.) Thanks for that post!

Got to hold you to that WC... Not that I don't believe you at all. Just really liked watching Bill fight and perform. I remember watching him fight it seems a lot when I was younger. What a kick that guy had... My brother was into Tae Kwon Do at the time and I was infatuated with the martial arts. I never went deeply into it though I still do some slight workouts from things I remember. I am planning on buying a heavy bag soon so I can keep my legs in better shape. (My upper body too but I need the kicks. Never had good legs.) Thanks for that post!
Not sure where it is but, I will find the picture.

Edited: I found the manual I kept in my bag that I had him sign for me that night. Still keep it in the bag for reference and chronicling any events I might have.

20230130-213814.jpg

Last edited:
I've posted in this thread a lot before regarding ancestral discoveries regarding the Civil War. I've found yet another. My 4th great uncle on my father's side was in the 27thGA Infantry CO. H. From Henry County GA right near Atlanta.

He Was at the Maryland campaign, Fredericksburg, Stonewall Jackson's flank at Chancellorsville. the brutal siege of Petersburg, Olustee, broke the union center at the seven days battles. Held turners gap at south mountain. Fought at cold harbor. And fought Sherman at Bentonville in 1865. Sherman marched through his home county of Henry County, GA.

He survived the war and lived to be 86. He's buried with his wife in Chickamauga, GA

''During the war the regiment suffered a casualty rate of 125 percent due to some men being wounded up to four times.''

1671376797293.png

Good morning from ATX. Currently 30°F with a winter storm warning in effect until Thursday at noon. Got some freezing rain and sleet. Area schools, colleges are closed. Many other entities shut. No biggie.

I've been up all night. Like a dummy, I drank couple cups of coffee late yesterday afternoon while at oncology clinic. I'm not not anxious or anything, In fact, quite the opposite. One of my side-hustle business deals received confirmation. It's a small deal that credits next month. Deal required about 7 mouse clicks. My mind is always working. Planning trips back to KY for April and Germany for July. Stay tuned on those destinations. May or may not happen.

Cats at Rebels tonight. Read UK favored by 7. Win down in Oxford would sure be good right now. Go Cats!

Wishing y'all a happy, safe and prosperous day.

hot-chocolate-day.jpg

Good morning everyone.

The cold has not arrived yet here on the Virginia border. It's still in the mid 40's. Babysitting again today.

Thanks again to all the veterans here in the thread. I just finished up another Pearl Harbor show on Netflix. If anyone is interested it's called Pearl Harbor Minute by Minute...three 1 hour episodes.

I hope everyone enjoys their day. Game Day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT