ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Morning D

It is foggy and I mean a heavy fog that would be dangerous to drive in outside. We had a good rain during the night and with yesterday's temperature of 84°, cooling down last night we have a heavy fog coming off of the lake. It is 61° currently and will reach 80° this afternoon. The sun will burn the fog off quickly. Only a 1% chance of rain today.

A little sore after my extended workout yesterday but it is good. That means I am gaining much needed strength in my left shoulder which has the rotator cuff tear. Much better with the weight training. Keep; it up and no surgery needed.

A little yard work today and run a few errands and get ready for the Ole Miss game tonight. I expect a win and if the Cats don't win, the season is toast.

Take care all

Good morning D-League. We currently have a wintry mix and 29°. This afternoon will be cloudy with a high around 32°.

Stay safe out there today.

085de62b-7473-41ce-b16a-96a918cef1b6.jpg

@Sawnee Cat Is the Lakeland area becoming somewhere to be concerned? We're leaning towards Brooksville for next year's Feb. trip to FL and I think there was something in Lakeland we were considering.
Lakeland is in Polk County and is growing leaps and bounds. The Lake Wales area is really nice and there are some great fresh water lakes around with large mouth bass.

Have you explored Citrus County? That is a very active place and has Crystal River, Homosassa and is scenic and nice.

Lakeland is the home of Sheriff Grady Judd. Don't mess around in Polk County. lol :)

Lakeland is in Polk County and is growing leaps and bounds. The Lake Wales area is really nice and there are some great fresh water lakes around with large mouth bass.

Have you explored Citrus County? That is a very active place and has Crystal River, Homosassa and is scenic and nice.

Lakeland is the home of Sheriff Grady Judd. Don't mess around in Polk County. lol :)

Thanks. We've been in the Crystal River area the last 3 winters. Love that area, but branching out a bit. Did you hear about the drive by shooting in Lakeland yesterday?

Edit...I can't figure out out how to send a private message on the Rafters? Possible?

You familiar with the Rosen Hotel chain? We have a customer from central Fl who has an in with them, so we have made most of their shades for forty years. He also has an in with Guest Supply, so we have made a lot of their shades. We have sent a lot of shades to Florida (and other places) over the years.

Good morning D-League. Busy busy at work today. Got downtown by 8am and already felt I was running to catch up.

Cold and rainy in the east. I like to travel light, so when I step outside my Maryland home and it is dry I don't carry an umbrella. Today, that was a mistake. By the time I got to downtown DC today it was pelting down a hard, cold rain. I only have to walk a block and a half but I was still half frozen.

I hope all you folks are warm and dry.

You familiar with the Rosen Hotel chain? We have a customer from central Fl who has an in with them, so we have made most of their shades for forty years. He also has an in with Guest Supply, so we have made a lot of their shades. We have sent a lot of shades to Florida (and other places) over the years.
That is an impressive client. They are in the Orlando area and have some high quality hotels. They host quite a few business meetings and are a good resort for families too. Close to Disney.

@Sawnee Cat Is the Lakeland area becoming somewhere to be concerned? We're leaning towards Brooksville for next year's Feb. trip to FL and I think there was something in Lakeland we were considering.

My little brother moved to Lakeland in 2017. He also serves as a junior exec for Publix. Now he owns 3 houses

Personally speaking, I love Lakeland area. First house my little brother purchased was a 1925 remodel. Old Lakeland is just so rustic. Many old-timers told me during my visits Lakeland reminds them of old Orlando before Disney invaded.

City is aptly named. Numerous lakes all over that town. Home prices may be a bit cheaper. Little brother go married and moved to Plant City

My little brother moved to Lakeland in 2017. He also serves as a junior exec for Publix. Now he owns 3 houses

Personally speaking, I love Lakeland area. First house my little brother purchased was a 1925 remodel. Old Lakeland is just so rustic. Many old-timers told me during my visits Lakeland reminds them of old Orlando before Disney invaded.

City is aptly named. Numerous lakes all over that town. Home prices may be a bit cheaper. Little brother go married and moved to Plant City
I second the Lakeland area for a place to live and work. Before the "boom" Lakeland had many cattle ranches, orange groves and of course lake after lake after lake. 550 lakes that occupy over 135 square miles.

There is world class bass fishing in the entire county. Lake Kissimmee has produced several records.

Largemouth capital of the world

That is an impressive client. They are in the Orlando area and have some high quality hotels. They host quite a few business meetings and are a good resort for families too. Close to Disney.
We have a wide format printer, so we can print our own designs on shades (though it's to time consuming to do many). When Trump was president, through a third party we did a small order for a Trump hotel in Miami. Jan did a MAGA shade with a patriotic theme and stuck it in with the regular shades. We didn't expect to hear from it ourselves, since it was a third party deal, but were disappointed he didn't hear from it either.

We also gave our local police two MAGA shades when Mitch McConnell was in town to speak to them. They were supposed to tell Mitch that one was for him and the other for Trump. They probably got trashed.

Good stuff, thanks. He probably fought with some of mine and Bert's ancestors. I have a copy of a CSA pay voucher for my 3rd great uncle on my fathers side. 2nd Lt Bozeman H. Adair who served in the Army of Tennessee, Co. A, 40th Georgia Infantry. He fought at Cumberland Gap, Chickasaw Bayou, Vicksburg and Champion Hill, MS where he was captured. He spent time in Yankee prisons at Johnson Island, Ft. Delaware and Point Lookout.

His pay voucher is for a period of 8 months at $80.00 per month or $640.00. I tried to scan it but no luck. It is framed and a little too large to scan. It is dated Dec. 11, 1862 and is the original document. Not a copy.

Sir,

There seems to be scanning apps for phones. May be worth a look. I know my daughter uses one to scan larger items. Just amazing what the phone apps can do.

Hello all,

Had a hard chore today... Had to make some personnel decisions. I am not sad about it except that the failure falls on me. They made the decisions for themselves but it was my failure too though I wasn't their hiring official. I gave them a good long chance trying to bring them around to alignment to the mission. I never mind ingenuity or outside the box thinking but when we have a defined mission outcome upfront. There is no place for stubbornness which in theory many times is the unwillingness to work. Just the way it is... Not a happy day for me...

Last edited:
Talking Civil war, interesting (to me) segment on Antiques Roadshow from Santa Fe concerning a Turner Society target rifle that was used by a member of a German Union Regiment, the well-known 9th OH. Also had a long knife similar to a Bowie. The rifle and knife were identified as made in Cincy & the rifle was converted from target shooting to real shooting. Valued at around $5K.

Turners were and to a degree still are a German athletic association that included shooting early on. Brought here in 1840's & 50's by waves of German immigrants - including most of my ancestors. They were strongly pro-Union and raised regiments that operated in the German language in the Union Army. Gr-gr-grandpa Brandt was in 28th OH, also Cincy & German. As I've said, he was shot thru the head in VA. There is still to this day a Turner club in Covington with a gym. Attended rat races the night before the Derby there a couple of times.

Gppd morning from ATX. Currently 31°F with heavy freezing rain. Significant icing occurring, Reports of 30,000 without power in Austin due to ice and fallen trees. What a mess.

Glad about last night's win. Cats took care of business. Reeves = team MVP, possibly for the season. He went 6-7 from beyond the arc last night.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing y'all a safe, productive day.

baked-alaska-day-FB.jpg

No wait, 26° stiff wind, sleet/snow mix on the ground, and a long, lovely day ahead! Cats won last night, but it doesn't feel like it. RR is fixing to fall into an abyss with the next setback. Who will step in to stop it? Lol

Hope it's a good day for all of you, and I'm hoping to catch up all over the DL this evening. May God continue to bless the D-LEAGUE!

Gppd morning from ATX. Currently 31°F with heavy freezing rain. Significant icing occurring, Reports of 30,000 without power in Austin due to ice and fallen trees. What a mess.

Glad about last night's win. Cats took care of business. Reeves = team MVP, possibly for the season. He went 6-7 from beyond the arc last night.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing y'all a safe, productive day.

baked-alaska-day-FB.jpg

Thanks, @AustinTXCat
I've got family down there right now that I'll need to check in on. Haven't been following the news at all.

Looked at the stats post game last night and saw that we shot 50% from 3 and thought "awesome!" Then I noticed ONE guy got us there or it was otherwise a horrendous shooting night. A little shocked, but not TOO shocked

Good Morning D League

A win is a win. 60° with foggy skies. The sun will take care of that in the next hour or so. The high will be 80°. It is February already. The year is already going too fast. The first thing you know it will be NCAA Tournament time. Are the Cats ready or will they be?

Prayers for all in the ice. Nothing is worse than ice and freezing temperatures. It has been a long time since I was around an ice storm but when I lived in the Georgia mountains they were common. Always bad, especially in those hills.

Nothing much happening here other than I am headed to the gym. Today I work on the shoulder, do some curls and cardiac. The left shoulder is improving and pain decreasing.

Take care all. And WAKE UP if you need to.

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT