ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Very Cold Sunday Morning D

It is 26° and sunny, the high will reach 56° but a warming trend is on the way so they say. This has been the coldest winter I can recall, going back to the 1970's.

I trust you are well and our prayers are with you.

325386042_521700933116475_1782168085703951231_n.jpg

Good morning D-League.

Nice win for the Cats yesterday. I’ll point out that I called it —my High Hopes dream. Not that I believe I deserve all the credit…

Here’s hoping it’s like that game in 2003 at Vanderbilt where that team found its identity and didn’t lose again until Bogans got hurt ahead of the Elite Eight.

Over easy eggs on anything aren't my thing. Mixing runny egg yokes with the main course doesn't fit in my mindset. If I was blindfolded I'd likely enjoy. Now I'll eat an omelet of any kind.
Over easy eggs are by far my favorite way to eat an egg. One of my favorite breakfast's is corned beef hash with 3 over easy eggs served on top of them. I could eat that 3 times a day.

o.jpg

Mr. brother BH and brother WC hit a nerve today... I am not much on change as far as my equipment. (My computer and phone is equipment in many ways as it is most of my living.)

My work equipment (Most of my work equipment is new so that part is good BUT...) My personal computer that I use for personal enjoyment and my couple small businesses has seen it's better days.

It is a tall tower that I had built while I lived in San Antonio. It is a monster of a processing machine. It can do about anything a computer can do. (Won't go into all the options I have combined but suffice it to say my computer is a work horse, a race horse, and a plow horse combined.

This computer has been to Korea and back...

I know one day soon this computer will just................................................... Die. (I have my data backed up. No issues there.)

This computer though was built near the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011... I dearly love the functionality of this computer and what it affords me capability-wise. I do not do a lot of what I used to do but I could in a pinch.

I am now in a quandary. Do I go to a high end laptop (Not much on laptops. No particular reason, just used to the functionality of a tower.) (I use My Darlings laptop in a pinch...)

Or a stick built mini-tower, a tower, or another tall tower....

I want to be able to burn DVD's Blue ray discs and such BUT, I have not burned a disc in years due to just creating ISO files and playing them in an electronic format.

I still want processing power that a tower provides but not sure I need it any longer as my work is trending in other directions...

Just irks me to no end.

It may be I go with a laptop but I have to check them out a lot first to see what is available versus even a small desktop computer. Things change but in this instance I have no need to change other than I know what is coming soon.... Darn, darn, darn...
BBUK I meant to address this yesterday, but I got too involved in the game, lunch etc.

I put all the UK games on bluray disc. I use a Dell small form. I ordered it from Dell and got exactly what I wanted in processing etc. I went through their business side which costs a little more but the agent can answer your questions directly. I got as many 3.0 USB outputs as they would allow. I got a solid state hard drive and all the accessories I hook up myself outside the desk top computer. So if the CD player goes out I just plug in another one. If my video capture goes out I just plug in another one.

The solid state hard drive is remarkable. It is faster than greased lightning. I got the fastest processor that they offered (it was two years ago). The processor is really good for hi-def video as high definition video is a memory hog. An edited basketball game is about 11 gigabytes and the unedited is approaching 20 gigabytes. (One Gigabyte (GB) is about 1 billion bytes). With the solid state hard drive and fast processor you can record a game or burn a game and still do you normal work on the computer.

One big difference between my recordings and those you see on U-Tube of the games is that mine are really high definition. The games on U-Tube are low frame count and fewer lines of resolution. I record at 34 frames a second and 1080p. The "p" means that lines are refreshed in both directions.

I have my favored brands.

I love Dell computers. I have three Dell laptops and two desk tops. I still have my original Dell and it still works but is slow and out of date.

My favored BluRay recorder is Pioneer. They are simply made better than any brand that I have ever know. In fact I bought two when I first got into BluRay (2010) recording so that I would have a spare and the first one has not stopped working. So I don't know how long they will last.

My favored video capture is Hauppauge. https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hdpvr2.html

I don't want the ones installed in the computer because it is a pain to replace and they will go out. Also about every two weeks I unplug the unit so it will not lose it mine. If it stays powered for a long time it goes crazy and will not work as it has memory chips inside and that it needs a cold boot.

One nasty thing about recording high-definition TV is that all content providers use a software package called "High-Definition Copy Protection". It was developed by Intel and it works. I usually get around it by using the component outputs on the Cable DVR. If you used the HDMI connection your TV screen and video receiver will instantly go dark. The HDCP will instantly send signals to a TV (1/50th of a second) however if it gets a signal that there is a video recorder connected it will shut down.

There are some cheap Chinese splitters that will not pass along the HDCP, but I had to buy 8 before I found one that did not pass the HDCP along. I now use it only when I have no other source to get what I want. This is a big problem for guys like me who want to get all the UK games. This year’s SEC+ games I had to get off the internet, go through Sherry’s desktop, through the cheap Chinese splitter, then to the Hauppauge then to my computer. Disney (owners of ESPN) will not let your BluRay players have the ESPN app anymore because they have an outlet from which one could record video. Up until this year I could us the bluray play as a video source and capture the output. Disney wised up to what guy like me were doing.

You probably know more about computer than me but this is my 50 cents worth as I have probably recorded more UK games than any other soul on earth!

I am tired of typing so you all have a great Sunday.

BBUK I meant to address this yesterday, but I got too involved in the game, lunch etc.

I put all the UK games on bluray disc. I use a Dell small form. I ordered it from Dell and got exactly what I wanted in processing etc. I went through their business side which costs a little more but the agent can answer your questions directly. I got as many 3.0 USB outputs as they would allow. I got a solid state hard drive and all the accessories I hook up myself outside the desk top computer. So if the CD player goes out I just plug in another one. If my video capture goes out I just plug in another one.

The solid state hard drive is remarkable. It is faster than greased lightning. I got the fastest processor that they offered (it was two years ago). The processor is really good for hi-def video as high definition video is a memory hog. An edited basketball game is about 11 gigabytes and the unedited is approaching 20 gigabytes. (One Gigabyte (GB) is about 1 billion bytes). With the solid state hard drive and fast processor you can record a game or burn a game and still do you normal work on the computer.

One big difference between my recordings and those you see on U-Tube of the games is that mine are really high definition. The games on U-Tube are low frame count and fewer lines of resolution. I record at 34 frames a second and 1080p. The "p" means that lines are refreshed in both directions.

I love Dell computers. I have three Dell laptops and two desk tops. I still have my original Dell and it still works but is slow and out of date.

My favored BluRay recorder is Pioneer. They are simply made better than any brand that I have ever know. In fact I bought two when I first got into BluRay (2010) recording so that I would have a spare and the first one has not stopped working. So I don't know how long they will last.

My favored video capture is Hauppauge. https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hdpvr2.html

I don't want the ones installed in the computer because it is a pain to replace and they will go out. Also about every two weeks I unplug the unit so it will not lose it mine. If it stays powered for a long time it goes crazy and will not work as it has memory chips inside and that it needs a cold boot.

One nasty thing about recording high-definition TV is that all content providers use a software package called "High-Definition Copy Protection". It was developed by Intel and it works. I usually get around it by using the component outputs on the Cable DVR. If you used the HDMI connection your TV screen and video receiver will instantly go dark. The HDCP will instantly send signals to a TV (1/50th of a second) however if it gets a signal that there is a video recorder connected it will shut down.

There are some cheap Chinese splitters that will not pass along the HDCP, but I had to buy 8 before I found one that did not pass the HDCP along. I now use it only when I have no other source to get what I want. This is a big problem for guys like me who want to get all the UK games. This year’s SEC+ games I had to get off the internet, go through Sherry’s desktop, through the cheap Chinese splitter, then to the Hauppauge then to my computer. Disney (owners of ESPN) will not let your BluRay players have the ESPN app anymore because they have an outlet from which one could record video. Up until this year I could us the bluray play as a video source and capture the output. Disney wised up to what guy like me were doing.

You probably know more about computer than me but this is my 50 cents worth as I have probably recorded more UK games than any other soul on earth!

You are a Pro Bert. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Sir!!!!

What are those UFO's (unidentified floating objects) in the second picture?

😅 😅 😅 (Oh my heart...)

Just the reflection from the lights over the kitchen table.. I saw those when I took the picture as well. I thought it was just me thinking that... 😅 (There are actually seven lights. Not sure why only three showed in the picture. I guess the angles.)

Last edited:
thumb_hey-grandpa-whats-for-supper-hey-grandpa-whats-for-supper-52911463.png

A burger on a biscuit and a biscuit galore (I made dem biscuits) with sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella too. The burger was good sized with a dab of spicy mustard. Had a baked potato with a good slab of butter ...

323012131_591974939602469_5362296302208022127_n.jpg

Yum......Yum....

(As best I remember from HeeHaw...) 😁

(Yeah I swiped it from Grandpaw Jones but I'm an honest thief...)

della-reese-all-my-hoes-is-honest.gif

Last edited:
Who Dey!! I think I read this is the first time in Bengals history the team has won playoff games in consecutive years. That’s crazy.

I’d say winning in Buffalo is a real long shot but the Bills didn’t look that unbeatable against a mediocre Miami team today. I wonder if there is any chance the Bengals get any of their O-linemen back.

Good morning folks.

Sleeping in a bit after staying up to watch the big Bengals win.

Settling into what’ll be an odd work day -about half the people will be off.

It was a good weekend between the Cats, Bengals and going out to lunch and dinner at favorite places with my wife. Hope you all had a good one too.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

53° this morning with moderate winds and a high of 71° expected.

Yep, good weekend of sports with the UK win, Bengals win, and a UL loss. Trifecta. Going to a friend's house tonight for the Cowboys-Buccaneers match up. The owner of the house is a Cowboys fan, and his brother who will be there is a Buccaneers (Brady) fan. I will be there as an antagonist. Heh, heh, heh.

@BBUK Don't have pictures but, my wife went on a cooking splurge yesterday cooking some chicken thighs, steaks, (grilled) and a roast that she started last night and will be finished up this morning. She also plans on cooking a meatloaf today. I ask why so much? She had bought a lot of meat last week that were close to expiration date so, she wanted to get it cooked and also have enough left overs for the next few days. At this house we are very carnivorous
Snarling-wolf-4.jpg
so...

You folks have a great day hide your food, I am on the prowl.

Good morning all,

Slept in some. My Darling and I are heading to the PX and then the commissary to see what sales are on...

I have been planning to clean my a/c and heat ducts and returns. I bought some equipment a good while ago... I will start with our room and see where things lead...

I tried to hire it done but every company I had come out started at two fifty to five hundred and when they got here it turned into fifteen hundred or more... Bunch of shysters... I threw them all out as they tried...

They knew what they were going to try before they came... The very definition of cheats...

Anyway... I had a new a/c and heat system installed in 2019. I never minded working... We shall see ..

Have a great day...

Good morning all,

Slept in some. My Darling and I are heading to the PX and then the commissary to see what sales are on...

I have been planning to clean my a/c and heat ducts and returns. I bought some equipment a good while ago... I will start with our room and see where things lead...

I tried to hire it done but every company I had come out started at two fifty to five hundred and when they got here it turned into fifteen hundred or more... Bunch of shysters... I threw them all out as they tried...

They knew what they were going to try before they came... The very definition of cheats...

Anyway... I had a new a/c and heat system installed in 2019. I never minded working... We shall see ..

Have a great day...
Funny you mention A/C and heating. Friday night my system died just in time for freezing weather. So all weekend we have been without any heat. Fortunate for me the house is well insulated and the temperature in the house did not drop less than 65°. The outside temperature got down as low as 26° with a very strong wind. So we threw on a few blankets and roughed it.

This afternoon my A/C Heating man will come by and give me the verdict. The unit came with the house and is over 30 years old. That is not bad for a system to last, especially in the heat and humidity we have down here. It is a Lennox and was manufactured in the U.S. of A by people who cared. I am not sure I can find one to replace it that will last another 30 years. Oh well,

Funny you mention A/C and heating. Friday night my system died just in time for freezing weather. So all weekend we have been without any heat. Fortunate for me the house is well insulated and the temperature in the house did not drop less than 65°. The outside temperature got down as low as 26° with a very strong wind. So we threw on a few blankets and roughed it.

This afternoon my A/C Heating man will come by and give me the verdict. The unit came with the house and is over 30 years old. That is not bad for a system to last, especially in the heat and humidity we have down here. It is a Lennox and was manufactured in the U.S. of A by people who cared. I am not sure I can find one to replace it that will last another 30 years. Oh well,
I am not lucky like you Sawnee. My house is 24 years old and the upstairs unit is the third one, the downstairs unit is the second one. The last upstairs unit cost me $7,200 last year. Both are heat pumps with natural gas back up. That is a little more expensive than the all electric setups.

Lennox is a really good brand.

I am not lucky like you Sawnee. My house is 24 years old and the upstairs unit is the third one, the downstairs unit is the second one. The last upstairs unit cost me $7,200 last year. Both are heat pumps with natural gas back up. That is a little more expensive than the all electric setups.

Lennox is a really good brand.

Yes Sir,

We could probably use an upstairs unit. We have three floors in this townhome about 2650 sf. Unless I keep it real cool in the summer (74) it can get too warm at times on the top floor.. when my daughter's lived here they kept it at 72. My Darling and I stayed frozen no matter where we were...

We had our new unit installed for 6k even. The darned I think 65 gallon water heater cost $1500.00 (Both good brands..I'd have to look.)

This can derail a basketball season.

Alabama Player Charged With Murder
As I said on the Rafters thread before it was locked when turned into a guns rights and death penalty debate:

He disproved the old saying that a team can't have too many shooters.

More seriously, Alabama moved quickly to eliminate every reference to this guy on their team site. He is from Washington DC, and there are some local stories here suggesting he was far from a good citizen before Alabama signed him.

Some programs -- Kansas, to name a prominent recent one - signs kids they know are thugs and then hopes the kids don't get caught while on campus. I got a feeling Nate Oats is that way.

For all his recent troubles I credit Calipari with signing high character guys, and passing on some talented problem kids.

My friend has a drone and took this picture a few days ago. When I tell you I am out in the country I really mean it. The picture below includes my house which I have circled in the lower right hand side. That is how close I am to the real country. The fields are not in the city.
326010767_1159561928031074_2965905990870580303_n.jpg

To the left is the cemetery. The escarpment beyond the fields is the Dripping Springs escarpment and is the geological formation that created all the caves in this area (more caves than any other area on earth). Those little circular groups of trees are trees covering "sink holes" where the water goes into the caves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT