ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

An Old Bumper Sticker From The Past

-i15-1tE_Jygf4GtEKR6QSifJIja_NPmJDspbS90CMXJNWFN4K7T-iUvDJ3CQe8YyP9RmOitp7NM_4PX98QfyrAVSs1IdO-W2Itlk4xV-Ip9WyD7vjbZAUIYncYLvVxOmz6knKkTe0wXk9UejXSDhpdgvDZI80ctzrVa42_dMdXlHjrysfeOckPXVn181UKWwsW0I0RcfECGUy4sksKXxs7PxE0XnrZfVOC1C-mfgkbzMFdc9f0U9C1fkUh14Q0GEFO7ktl0uEH2-Eg_A9ACMLgw6nGVuzqG_WdLoJ92sk_uoSlf3TK9yL8tzzKY6Pblv_AoG7o44MHFc3jrr6Qiknc3y0DexYH1XQ_5voN1UW86L-9l=s0-d-e1-ft

An Old Bumper Sticker From The Past

-i15-1tE_Jygf4GtEKR6QSifJIja_NPmJDspbS90CMXJNWFN4K7T-iUvDJ3CQe8YyP9RmOitp7NM_4PX98QfyrAVSs1IdO-W2Itlk4xV-Ip9WyD7vjbZAUIYncYLvVxOmz6knKkTe0wXk9UejXSDhpdgvDZI80ctzrVa42_dMdXlHjrysfeOckPXVn181UKWwsW0I0RcfECGUy4sksKXxs7PxE0XnrZfVOC1C-mfgkbzMFdc9f0U9C1fkUh14Q0GEFO7ktl0uEH2-Eg_A9ACMLgw6nGVuzqG_WdLoJ92sk_uoSlf3TK9yL8tzzKY6Pblv_AoG7o44MHFc3jrr6Qiknc3y0DexYH1XQ_5voN1UW86L-9l=s0-d-e1-ft
Don't get me wrong, I loved Pitino when he was here and think he is one of the most knowledgeable basketball people I have heard of. However, my uncle coached high school and lower-level college basketball for 50 years. He and a group of local high school coaches attended a coaching clinic at UK when Rick was there. The group met him in a hallway one day. He said Rick acted like they were all peons and it was beneath him to waste any time with them.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Pitino when he was here and think he is one of the most knowledgeable basketball people I have heard of. However, my uncle coached high school and lower-level college basketball for 50 years. He and a group of local high school coaches attended a coaching clinic at UK when Rick was there. The group met him in a hallway one day. He said Rick acted like they were all peons and it was beneath him to waste any time with them.

And that's usually how "they" end up.... A little foresight would have went a long way...

How's that go... Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Where is the best place in the Lexington, Bowling Green, Louisville area to get fitted for golf clubs where you can try different brands. My daughter has went through 3 sets of clubs in the past 4 years due to growth spurts and I don't think she has finished growing. When she is done growing I plan to spend the money to get her fitted for new clubs to finish out her high school playing days. She currently plays mainly Cobra clubs but I would like for her to try some other brands to make sure she gets the ones that fit her the best. I know Dicks and some of those places do but honestly I don't trust them as most of the time it seems to be a young kid that may or may not know what they are doing.
Louisville has a Club Champion store on Shelbyville Road. Lexington might have one as well. Highly regarded by Golf Digest.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

50° with moderate winds and a high in the low 70's expected.

Got a text from my son who has the triplets (boys) last night and as stated before, one has Spina Bifida and is in a wheelchair. He (Benjamin) now 6 years old has been wearing a TLSO (Thoracolumbosacral Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis) brace for 1 1/2 years to help try and straighten his spine. It is working well as the pictures below (before and after) indicate. The after picture was taken yesterday. They are going to fit him with a new brace next Friday to continue the straightening. We are hoping and praying that somehow, one day, he will be able to walk even if it is just braces, but even if not, he has two other brothers his age to support him along the way.
IMG-0152.jpg

IMG-0153.jpg
Here's hoping for the best outcome. Best of luck to him.

I posted the old bumper sticker as a joke.lol. I agree with your uncle about Pitino and his entire family. His wife thought she was too good and above living in Lexington. My son was a UK student when he coached and I came up to a lot of games. I had a few interactions with Pitino and he acted like a little banny rooster aka a loud mouth Yankee know it all.

Funny you posted this because I was going to say the same thing about Cal. All the times I've been at press conferences, which isnt really that much compared to others i know, you're a face to him. Nameless and void. You don't exist outside the media room, and barely exist inside of it. Then he talks to people like they know nothing about basketball. Everyone is there for him. Its.all.about.him.

Funny you posted this because I was going to say the same thing about Cal. All the times I've been at press conferences, which isnt really that much compared to others i know, you're a face to him. Nameless and void. You don't exist outside the media room, and barely exist inside of it. Then he talks to people like they know nothing about basketball. Everyone is there for him. Its.all.about.him.

It is a character flaw. A serious character flaw. Many have it but it doesn't make it right putting people like that ... "In charge"...

Good morning D-League.

Austin, I hope your recovery is going along well.

Lost a very close friend a couple days ago named Michael "Buck" Tharp. Just now feeling like I can talk about it. We'd met almost exactly 30 years ago in Mogadishu where he was working as a corespondent for a news magazine after spending more than a decade in Tokyo for the Wall Street Journal.

We hit it off as former small college basketball players, and after that traveled together to places like Sarajevo and Kosovo and Iraq. He was about ten years older than me, and had served in Vietnam before getting into the news business. He grew up in Kansas and was a Jayhawk fan, and for him I'm glad he got to experience that final championship in March. After living much of his life in Los Angeles, he reconnected with an ex-girlfriend from college in his 50s, took her as wife #4, and moved into a big place she'd gotten in a divorce in Dallas. He lived a colorful life, and is gone too soon. I'll miss him.

Hope you folks are having a good day.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. It's currently 47° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will see thunderstorms give way to a steady rain and a high of 55°.

Have a great day.

47e14d8a-051b-4932-85d1-8f5c0363fde7.jpg
Hungary had the largest number and percent of Jews who avoided the Holocaust as their leaders were late to the Hitler side & still resisted sending their Jews "on vacation". Beautiful synagogue & memorial garden. Men had to wear head coverings for the tour. They said my UK ball cap was fine.

Photo

Last edited:
In "general" I am busy. Been hard at it. (As hard as you can work but still sit in a chair.) I am up for a bit, have to walk about a thousand feet and sit again. Yeah rough life.

I WILL have to visit the treadmill this fine evening. Getting ready to do a meet and greet...

Have a great day!

Louisville has a Club Champion store on Shelbyville Road. Lexington might have one as well. Highly regarded by Golf Digest.
Just checked out their website. Very interesting.
Sounds like a great place to take your daughter.
I personally have never been fitted in my life and I am stuck at the brick wall of a 10-15 handicap.
May check that place out myself.

Good morning everyone. Edit...good afternoon...not use to being on here after lunch. I'm not babysitting too hard. lol

We're babysitting our great, great niece this morning. She turns 2 years old today. Not much else happening here. There was some storm damage in Mercer Co. (my old home county and family still there).

@Sawnee Cat We didn't watch the mermaid show when we were at Weeki Wachee a few years ago. Is it worth seeing? We just did the kayaking and then on to something else.

Have a great day everyone.

@Sawnee Cat We didn't watch the mermaid show when we were at Weeki Wachee a few years ago. Is it worth seeing? We just did the kayaking and then on to something else.

Have a great day everyone.
It is a nice little break in the action. Most of our guests who come down want to go so I have an annual pass. I would recommend a person try it one time, if it is not for you the park has a lot of other attractions. You can even take a dip in the water which is the same temperature all year long, about 72 degrees.

YouTube has a lot of information and videos that tell the story and I would recommend you take a look at them before deciding to go. One thing for sure these gals are pros. Most come from around the Brooksville area and are expert swimmers.

Last edited:
Just checked out their website. Very interesting.
Sounds like a great place to take your daughter.
I personally have never been fitted in my life and I am stuck at the brick wall of a 10-15 handicap.
May check that place out myself.
I've never been fitted either but I do know people that have and they highly recommend it. I stopped playing about 20 years ago, not because I didn't enjoy the game but I just couldn't find the time anymore. I started playing at a young age too. 12 handicap in 2002.

I didn't eat supper today due to attending a chili judging contest during the lunch hour and beyond. (Had my fill) BUT,

My Darling made these: (I am about to eat them now...) (Two of them anyway.)

325300314_743137483794507_3143992377762291984_n.jpg

What are they? Mashed potato's combined with sweet rice flour, and stuffed with Mozzarella Cheese... (Just had my first bite. Never had these before...) Edible...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT