ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Last edited:
Probably my favorite Christmas gift. Vintage copy.
1023_1_longsleeveblack.jpg

Damn...we were 19.5 point favorites...I have been betting against Kentucky pretty much every game...but South Carolina had lost to a few really little teams, so I didn't bet this one. I should have just continued to bet against Kentucky...what am I doing? The smart bet is bet against Cal and Kentucky right now.

Ha haha y'all not gonna believe this, but I watched final 9.36 of CFP championship last night here in intensive care recovery room. Dawgs ate 'em up. Crazy.
Great news Austin, so thankful you are able to do that and keep in touch with the D League. We are praying for your complete recovery each and every day.

You are missed and appreciated.

Good morning, D-League!

34° on the way to forgetting about basketball...
Did yall know attendance declined for UK Basketball from 2009-2013... ? I had no idea, but it did according to a Murray State paper

Hope @AustinTXCat is on the mend
Hope yall have a great day today!

May God continue to bless the D-League!

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

50° with moderate winds and a high in the low 70's expected.

Got a text from my son who has the triplets (boys) last night and as stated before, one has Spina Bifida and is in a wheelchair. He (Benjamin) now 6 years old has been wearing a TLSO (Thoracolumbosacral Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis) brace for 1 1/2 years to help try and straighten his spine. It is working well as the pictures below (before and after) indicate. The after picture was taken yesterday. They are going to fit him with a new brace next Friday to continue the straightening. We are hoping and praying that somehow, one day, he will be able to walk even if it is just braces, but even if not, he has two other brothers his age to support him along the way.
IMG-0152.jpg

IMG-0153.jpg

There is no doubt a different coach would have this team at a minimum in the Top 10 and probably Top 5. The talent is there but they play like they have not been coached.

This is one of the worst feelings I have had as a UK basketball fan.

I hate that we're all feeling this way right now. It's not at all what I envisioned before Cal was hired. But I did feel like it was coming after 2015. Could still turn some things around. I was half sarcastic and half trying to be positive with my thread in Rafters. I'd rather try to be uplifting than negative, but Cal makes it difficult.

The worst thing about this is- if the team does turn it around, it will be the players making it happen, but Cal will want all of the credit. I just hope for the players and fans sake they do put it all together soon.

When you lose Oscar Combs you have a problem. Cal has lost Oscar

Oscar Combs
https://twitter.com/wildcatnews?ref...^1613001861849563138|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=
@wildcatnews
·
Follow
Going to retweet this from Alabama loss one last time with this addition. Then I’m going to bed. It doesn’t take Einstein to see what has happened to UK basketball program since 2015 FF. Millions have been spent & most results have been disgusting. Eli, this is now on your plate.

yaChYs6a_mini.jpg

Oscar Combs

@wildcatnews
Final Score Alabama 78 Kentucky 52 What can I say that’s appropriate? This is not UK basketball. Don’t give me UK standard “this is not acceptable” phrase that brings no positive results. Time for the man in charge - President Eli Capilouto - to address this situation to BBN.
9:36 PM · Jan 10, 2023
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...con^s1_&ref_url=&tweet_id=1613001861849563138
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?re...^s1_&ref_url=&in_reply_to=1613001861849563138
Copy link to Tweet

Good morning D-League.

Great hearing from you Austin. Keep getting better.

Warrior, I’ll be praying for Benjamin. Things are happening so fast with medical science it isn’t crazy to hope for him to walk.

Nothing to say about the Cats. I have tuned out. And you know what? Life is just as sweet, family interactions just as enjoyable, good food just as savory and music just as engaging. No time to be angry or upset about the Cats - or anything else not threatening my family at this point of life.

Good day back at work downtown yesterday. Actually nice to look around the city. Hoping for another good day.

You all take care.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Got a text from my son who has the triplets (boys) last night and as stated before, one has Spina Bifida and is in a wheelchair. He (Benjamin) now 6 years old has been wearing a TLSO (Thoracolumbosacral Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis) brace for 1 1/2 years to help try and straighten his spine. It is working well as the pictures below (before and after) indicate. The after picture was taken yesterday. They are going to fit him with a new brace next Friday to continue the straightening. We are hoping and praying that somehow, one day, he will be able to walk even if it is just braces, but even if not, he has two other brothers his age to support him along the way.
IMG-0152.jpg

IMG-0153.jpg

Man I'm sorry to hear this...you know in life, we often get to caught up with ourselves and our own problems...and unfortunately the only way we snap out of the 'woe is me' crap is to hear about people dealing with a journey a million times more difficult than our own.

Good morning D-League.

Great hearing from you Austin. Keep getting better.

Warrior, I’ll be praying for Benjamin. Things are happening so fast with medical science it isn’t crazy to hope for him to walk.

Nothing to say about the Cats. I have tuned out. And you know what? Life is just as sweet, family interactions just as enjoyable, good food just as savory and music just as engaging. No time to be angry or upset about the Cats - or anything else not threatening my family at this point of life.

Good day back at work downtown yesterday. Actually nice to look around the city. Hoping for another good day.

You all take care.
Great attitude to have. I have settled into the same pattern. Maybe it is easier to do when you don't live in Kentucky and very few UK fans are around you.

Life has taught me if you do not have any control over something then worry is for naught. It is out of your hands. UK basketball is out of my hands.

Where is the best place in the Lexington, Bowling Green, Louisville area to get fitted for golf clubs where you can try different brands. My daughter has went through 3 sets of clubs in the past 4 years due to growth spurts and I don't think she has finished growing. When she is done growing I plan to spend the money to get her fitted for new clubs to finish out her high school playing days. She currently plays mainly Cobra clubs but I would like for her to try some other brands to make sure she gets the ones that fit her the best. I know Dicks and some of those places do but honestly I don't trust them as most of the time it seems to be a young kid that may or may not know what they are doing.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

IMG-0152.jpg

IMG-0153.jpg

God Bless you and your family brother wc...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT