ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Sir,
I've seen good workmanship in my life from several sources but Cord's craftmanship with stained glass is extraordinary. I am thankful...
Thank you BBUK, my best friend who got me into stained glass were in a glass shop in Owensboro one day and the so called owner told us we weren't pro's we were hobbiest she was a pro, made my friend so mad he left everything he was going to buy laying on the counter and walked out. I ordered some glass from a place in Florida a couple weeks ago and we were talking and I told her that I don't do a whole lot of stained glass ( boy that has changed) and that I was called just a hobbiest, she stopped me right there and said, have you ever sold any of your work, I told her yes, she ask have you ever made anyone cry when you presented your work to someone, again I said yes, she said, listen to me, you are a professional artist!!! What she told me that day and you guys here in the D has really changed my outlook on what I do!!!!

Thank you BBUK, my best friend who got me into stained glass were in a glass shop in Owensboro one day and the so called owner told us we weren't pro's we were hobbiest she was a pro, made my friend so mad he left everything he was going to buy laying on the counter and walked out. I ordered some glass from a place in Florida a couple weeks ago and we were talking and I told her that I don't do a whole lot of stained glass ( boy that has changed) and that I was called just a hobbiest, she stopped me right there and said, have you ever sold any of your work, I told her yes, she ask have you ever made anyone cry when you presented your work to someone, again I said yes, she said, listen to me, you are a professional artist!!! What she told me that day and you guys here in the D has really changed my outlook on what I do!!!!

I'll stick with craftsman brother Sir. A laborer of love. (I can tell.) Part of what I enjoy is taking people out of their zone. Would have enjoyed being around someone who'd call you anything but a professional. They'd have a bad day. If they were able to change the way they act toward others, they would... (Some cannot change...)

God Bless you....

Last edited:
Cord, have you seen anything like this? It made me think of you.
323898488_849946886117921_6188346977003916957_n.jpg
Bert, my sister that owns the bike shop, I sent her a picture of this, she's already ask, how much if I supply the wheel!!!!

Good morning folks.

Sounds like Austin is progressing. That’s great news.

I’m off to a morning physical therapy session soon. My wife says she can see improvement in my gait so I’ll keep it up and hope for the best.

Sad news about Lisa Marie Presley. I suspect her son’s death wore down her will to go on.

Hope you all have a good day and a better weekend.

Good Friday Morning

60° at the moment and this may be our high for today. The temperature at 3:00 this afternoon will be 57°. Last night I was awaken by a very hard thunderstorm that lit up the sky. Lightning was heavy for about one hour and the rain came down in buckets. It will bring a cold snap for the next couple of days.

I said a special prayer for Austin before I went to bed last night and also this morning. I trust he continues to improve and is back 100%. He is a valued member of the D league.

I have a full plate today and I best get on it. The chorizo (Spanish sausage) and eggs are ready.

iu

Only 4 days until my daughter and son in law move from Memphis to Madison Alabama and it can't get here quick enough. She sent me a text last night and said there have been several murders and the victim then burned in the Memphis area recently. They think it's a serial killer apparently.
I am praying she gets out of that place safe and sound. I can't imagine living under those circumstances. I just would not do it.

I've never been fitted either but I do know people that have and they highly recommend it. I stopped playing about 20 years ago, not because I didn't enjoy the game but I just couldn't find the time anymore. I started playing at a young age too. 12 handicap in 2002.
I quit playing in 2004 due to an injury to my left shoulder. I never had clubs customized for me, but I was a duffer of the first order. My handicap was 18 and that was not using the pro tees.

Of all the sports that I have played golf is the best. Sherry and I for years played nearly every Saturday. For years my job paid for the Country Club membership so it was very handy to drive a quarter mile from the house to the club house and play. All I had to do was pay for the cart and of couse all the balls that I would lose!

I didn't eat supper today due to attending a chili judging contest during the lunch hour and beyond. (Had my fill) BUT,

My Darling made these: (I am about to eat them now...) (Two of them anyway.)

325300314_743137483794507_3143992377762291984_n.jpg

What are they? Mashed potato's combined with sweet rice flour, and stuffed with Mozzarella Cheese... (Just had my first bite. Never had these before...) Edible...
Fancy tater cakes!

You are at the top of my prayer list Austin. 🙏 God bless you and your family
For what good I can do him; he is at the top of mine also.

I fervently want Austin to get well. He is one of my friends that goes out of his way to visit me. Of course Sherry bribes him with coleslaw. :) I am just glad that I hugged him twice when he was here in November. Those hugs will help him out!

For folks that have never eaten a meal with Austin, he is like my dad. He eats one thing at a time. You could set my dad down to a feast and he would eat each vegetable serving off his plate, then the meat, then the bread. Austin is the same.

I quit playing in 2004 due to an injury to my left shoulder. I never had clubs customized for me, but I was a duffer of the first order. My handicap was 18 and that was not using the pro tees.

Of all the sports that I have played golf is the best. Sherry and I for years played nearly every Saturday. For years my job paid for the Country Club membership so it was very handy to drive a quarter mile from the house to the club house and play. All I had to do was pay for the cart and of couse all the balls that I would lose!
I could shoot 70 pretty regular on a PUTT PUTT course, LOL. Never played real golf in my life.

Austin, be well.

A FaceBook Funny:

325416081_720392599720566_139445111469794345_n.jpg
There is a lot of truth to this. I had this happen to me this week but mine was trying to pay a hospital bill.

The billing people went paperless and you have to set up an account to make a payment online. I tried and their website froze up. I called (out of state) and they said they were having issues and didn't know when it could be corrected. She said keep trying over the next few days. I said no, send me a bill and no more E-mails. She said she could not do that.

This bill is going on ignore. If I can't get a hard copy of a simple bill then that is their problem.

There is a lot of truth to this. I had this happen to me this week but mine was trying to pay a hospital bill.

The billing people went paperless and you have to set up an account to make a payment online. I tried and their website froze up. I called (out of state) and they said they were having issues and didn't know when it could be corrected. She said keep trying over the next few days. I said no, send me a bill and no more E-mails. She said she could not do that.

This bill is going on ignore. If I can't get a hard copy of a simple bill then that is their problem.
And in a court of law you would win.

Me and My Darling have several appointments over the next ten days... A pain for sure. I started this year with dental insurance. We haven't had dental insurance in a long while, we just paid as we went... My darling has some work that needs doing so I change it this year...(Open season and all...)

On the medical billing yeah, I had one specialty office that is trying to send me the total bill and told me I'd need to file with my insurance BUT, I worked that out in advance. This office seems to be a small shop and is not versed in billing insurance or at least not competent That is their issue, not mine. I did exactly what I stated I would do, beforehand...

Last edited:
I got a "WOW" emoji to that post.

However, there are legal requirements that the U.S. Postal system must be used to give legal notice. Social Security, IRS et.al. must use the U.S. Mail service to give you "legal" notice.

Geeze when I worked we not only had to mail notices of legal action we had to put it in registered mail. Computers may be more reliable than the U.S. Mail but they have very little legal standing as far as "legal" notices go.

You can send a bill out via e-mail, but if it does not get paid you may want to send a real bill.

Sorry.

However, there are legal requirements that the U.S. Postal system must be used to give legal notice. Social Security, IRS et.al. must use the U.S. Mail service to give you "legal" notice.

Geeze when I worked we not only had to mail notices of legal action we had to put it in registered mail. Computers may be more reliable than the U.S. Mail but they have very little legal standing as far as "legal" notices go.

You can send a bill out via e-mail, but if it does not get paid you may want to send a real bill.

Sorry.

No disputing you at all Sir. The WoW was due to the way things went.

To be fully accurate though and this is NOT in your case or brother SC's case but I have some bills that are mailed and some that are not.

For instance my T-Mobile phone bill is fully electronic and it is binding. (I DID agree to it as it gave me a $10.00 a month credit for choosing that option.)

You DO have to opt out of mailing by a binding agreement and then the electronic stuff is binding. Companies cannot just bill electronically without consent. I deal with this in part of my job functions.. Always a caveat but there are those that try exploiting it for their gain...

The above is in no way disagreeing with you. Just irks me to no end how companies try to play the electronic crap as an easy out. It is not unless agreed to by ALL parties.

No disputing you at all Sir. The WoW was due to the way things went.

To be fully accurate though and this is NOT in your case or brother SC's case but I have some bills that are mailed and some that are not.

For instance my T-Mobile phone bill is fully electronic and it is binding. (I DID agree to it as it gave me a $10.00 a month credit for choosing that option.)

You DO have to opt out of mailing by a binding agreement and then the electronic stuff is binding. Companies cannot just bill electronically without consent. I deal with this in part of my job functions.. Always a caveat but there are those that try exploiting it for their gain...

The above is in no way disagreeing with you. Just irks me to no end how companies try to play the electronic crap as an easy out. It is not unless agreed to by ALL parties.
I totally agree.

Nearly all of my bills are paid electronically; however, I do get paper as a legal document. To agree to not get paper is really "TRUSTING".

Last year I have had a fight with a bank because they did not send me a paper 1099 for interest, so I could complete my taxes. They now wish that they had not done that.

Sorry.
We had to do the same thing Bert, send correspondence registered mail. Our reason was for fraud. If I sent say a million dollar Proof of Loss, we would require it be returned by mail. if the Proof of Loss was fraudulent we could forward to the USPS for investigation into using the USPS to commit fraud.

We had to do the same thing Bert, send correspondence registered mail. Our reason was for fraud. If I sent say a million dollar Proof of Loss, we would require it be returned by mail. if the Proof of Loss was fraudulent we could forward to the USPS for investigation into using the USPS to commit fraud.
I lived in a world of commerce and law. I had an attorney assigned to me to keep me on the straight and narrow. He was supposed to answer the phone anytime I called. Every little thing we did was by the letter of the law. If I failed I would be fired.

What was even more incredible was my customers were the same way. Dealing with Shell Oil, Exxon, BP, Chevron was so easy because they had lawyers too and you just did things right. We knew the routine and we stuck by it.

Mr. brother BH and brother WC hit a nerve today... I am not much on change as far as my equipment. (My computer and phone is equipment in many ways as it is most of my living.)

My work equipment (Most of my work equipment is new so that part is good BUT...) My personal computer that I use for personal enjoyment and my couple small businesses has seen it's better days.

It is a tall tower that I had built while I lived in San Antonio. It is a monster of a processing machine. It can do about anything a computer can do. (Won't go into all the options I have combined but suffice it to say my computer is a work horse, a race horse, and a plow horse combined.

This computer has been to Korea and back...

I know one day soon this computer will just................................................... Die. (I have my data backed up. No issues there.)

This computer though was built near the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011... I dearly love the functionality of this computer and what it affords me capability-wise. I do not do a lot of what I used to do but I could in a pinch.

I am now in a quandary. Do I go to a high end laptop (Not much on laptops. No particular reason, just used to the functionality of a tower.) (I use My Darlings laptop in a pinch...)

Or a stick built mini-tower, a tower, or another tall tower....

I want to be able to burn DVD's Blue ray discs and such BUT, I have not burned a disc in years due to just creating ISO files and playing them in an electronic format.

I still want processing power that a tower provides but not sure I need it any longer as my work is trending in other directions...

Just irks me to no end.

It may be I go with a laptop but I have to check them out a lot first to see what is available versus even a small desktop computer. Things change but in this instance I have no need to change other than I know what is coming soon.... Darn, darn, darn...

herman-munster-gif-12.gif

Last edited:
I totally agree.

Nearly all of my bills are paid electronically; however, I do get paper as a legal document. To agree to not get paper is really "TRUSTING".

Last year I have had a fight with a bank because they did not send me a paper 1099 for interest, so I could complete my taxes. They now wish that they had not done that.

Totally agree but for $10.00 bucks a month on a $55.00 bill it was a no brainer.

I usually log on and pay credit cards and other items every couple weeks anyway. I still get the paper but it is usually a zero balance. Those goofs should realize what they'd save if they offered incentives. Oh well.

Yeah I get ALL my tax documents on hard copies.

SPEAKING OF WHICH... DARN DARN DARN again.... Tax time.................................sigh...

I lived in a world of commerce and law. I had an attorney assigned to me to keep me on the straight and narrow. He was supposed to answer the phone anytime I called. Every little thing we did was by the letter of the law. If I failed I would be fired.

What was even more incredible was my customers were the same way. Dealing with Shell Oil, Exxon, BP, Chevron was so easy because they had lawyers too and you just did things right. We knew the routine and we stuck by it.
I also worked in a world of regulations and law. If we did not follow the dictates of the Insurance Commissioners Office a complaint could be made and we would have to answer. We better have our ducks in order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT